General Grabber A/T

The General Grabber AT is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

This tyre has been replaced by the General GRABBER AT2

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 124,864 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the General Grabber AT
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the General Grabber AT
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the General Grabber AT. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top General Grabber AT Review

(235/60 R17 H) on for 0 miles
I believe that the info' at the top of the page under "summary" is incorrect. Grabber came out some years ago with the AT. Then they produced the AT2 which is shown in the photo. Then a few yesrs ago the NEW pattern tyre was produced to comply with new noise polution regs. This tyre is called Grabber AT. ie. back to the FIRST name used for the tyre. It may be there's a different tyre produced for USA but I don't think so. Mine are produced at Continental in Hungary.
90 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2016

Latest General Grabber AT Reviews

Have you driven on the General Grabber AT tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Grabber AT.

Given 46% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC (275/45 R20) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Actually so poor in the wet I would consider them dangerous. Fine in the dry and quite good offroad though. Won't be buying again as living in the UK wet weather handling is important. Nowhere near the legal limit but I will be changing them soon.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Land Rover All new Discovery (225/55 R20) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I fitted these tyres on the new disco 5 for when we are driving on very muddy fields and farm tracks and cannot be more than happy Have been great in snow and deep muddy fields would buy again
6 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Mitsubishi shogun sport (245/70 R16) on mostly country roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Have these on a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (Portuguese). I drive extensively on dirt tracks and volcanic sand along with tarmac in the Azores up and down very steep hills. The tyres in 40 degree slopes of forest mush I have to say have gripped fantastically, but only in 4 wheel drive, in 2 wheel rear, forget it, they dig a trench as expected. The ride is excellent off road and the steering response and grip is very good. On tarmac however, in the rain, a bit useless, they do not give by snapping away from the road, but at lowish speed they do tend to drift a bit (but this could be more to do with the cars weight and condition of the tarmac). Tyre wear has been a bit disappointing having only lasted 12000km, but I have to say the sand and gravel probably wore them away more than anything. They replaced a set of Michelins, which were really bad in these conditions. On road, they were quiet for being a 4x4 tyre so I would buy them again after going through a few different brands to find equilibrium.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (255/50 R19 R) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
I've researched extensively the best AT tyre for the Freelander 2 and have found the General Grabber AT 255/50 R19 to be perfect. And, yes, the AT is the latest version!
Why it took so long to find these tyres to be recommended, I don't know. But, thank goodness I got there....
54 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2017