General Grabber AT

The General Grabber AT is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

This tyre has been replaced by the General GRABBER AT2

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 89,864 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the General Grabber AT
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the General Grabber AT
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the General Grabber AT. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top General Grabber AT Review

(235/60 R17 H) on for 0 miles
I believe that the info' at the top of the page under "summary" is incorrect. Grabber came out some years ago with the AT. Then they produced the AT2 which is shown in the photo. Then a few yesrs ago the NEW pattern tyre was produced to comply with new noise polution regs. This tyre is called Grabber AT. ie. back to the FIRST name used for the tyre. It may be there's a different tyre produced for USA but I don't think so. Mine are produced at Continental in Hungary.
71 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2016

Latest General Grabber AT Reviews

Have you driven on the General Grabber AT tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Grabber AT.

Given 76% while driving a Mitsubishi shogun sport (245/70 R16) on mostly country roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Have these on a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (Portuguese). I drive extensively on dirt tracks and volcanic sand along with tarmac in the Azores up and down very steep hills. The tyres in 40 degree slopes of forest mush I have to say have gripped fantastically, but only in 4 wheel drive, in 2 wheel rear, forget it, they dig a trench as expected. The ride is excellent off road and the steering response and grip is very good. On tarmac however, in the rain, a bit useless, they do not give by snapping away from the road, but at lowish speed they do tend to drift a bit (but this could be more to do with the cars weight and condition of the tarmac). Tyre wear has been a bit disappointing having only lasted 12000km, but I have to say the sand and gravel probably wore them away more than anything. They replaced a set of Michelins, which were really bad in these conditions. On road, they were quiet for being a 4x4 tyre so I would buy them again after going through a few different brands to find equilibrium.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (255/50 R19 R) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
I've researched extensively the best AT tyre for the Freelander 2 and have found the General Grabber AT 255/50 R19 to be perfect. And, yes, the AT is the latest version!
Why it took so long to find these tyres to be recommended, I don't know. But, thank goodness I got there....
41 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2017
Given 29% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover V8 Autobiography (225/45 R20) on mostly country roads for 40,000 average miles
I have had TEN punctures with these tyres in 6 years. The garage tells me the low profile needed for my 20 inch rims along with the design of the AT means the side wall is weak, so everytime I hit a kerb or deep pothole they burst. Disaster
14 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2017
Given 96% while driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee (245/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
I have the gen grabs at on a Jeep Grand Cherokee and they drive like road tyres on the road wet or dry even when you push it on a bit the so quite down the road compared to bf Goodrich maybe the bfs are a little better in the mud but if your off road a lot you want mud tyres I think but the grabber do both very well will easy get you out of a wet muddy field just spinning them to clean the tread I think they really are the best all rounder especially if you do more road and wet grassy muddy fields I would buy them again with out thinking so quite on the road for a a/t tyres
9 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2016