Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 48 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 309,062 miles driven.

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good braking performance, good dry handling.
  • Negative - Average wet performance, sluggish steering reactions.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good wet and dry braking, good off road, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Exemplary.

2019 ACE Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

2018-12-25 - I have a Cayman 2.9 and am looking to run a squared setup of 245/40/18, would these be a good tyre for track and street work on a car with 265hp, or would you recommend another tyre like ps4? Also, would you recommend a square setup that low on the car, as the standard setup for a 18" cayman is 235/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear.

Sadly I've not used the Prime3 on track, or do I know anything about changing tyre sizes on a Cayman! Perhaps check out an owners club online to see if others have made this change.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
390 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (205/55 R16 T) on mostly town for 20,000 spirited miles
Very good price and a very good all round tire!

Dry grip is great especially after they're warmed up. They're loosing grip very progressively when pushed hard but they seem to have a bit of rolling resistance, not much though.

Wet grip is also great as is the wear rate. I also drove them for 2k km on a Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI and they were lacking a bit of grip when pushed. I would recommend something sportier for cars of 140+ hp if they're usually driven in an agressive manner.

They convinced me to buy a winter set of Hankook winter Icept RS2 and they didn't dissapoint in an way.
I will definately buy Hankook again, most likely the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Previous had 4 hankook ventus prime 2 Fitted this tyres all 4 by recomendation on the tyre review videos on youtube . Initial toughts and driving very good tyre , i mean excelent grip dry and wet at a good price!!! All good until they reached the 3-4mm mark... back is way loose now... if i make a spirited driving on moutain the rear feels like going on ice
... didnt have this till the 3-4mm mark . For the price they are the best ones i admit! And prettygood wear now at 3mm and almost 40k km.
.. gonna try Continental next time
6 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15) on mostly town for 400 spirited miles
So I have these tyres on my MR2, 185/55/15 front and 215/45/16 rear and I have nothing but good things to say about these tyres, only had them since January so can't comment on the dry grip (because England) or wear yet but in the Wet they have definitely surprised me, car has yet to step out on me when pushed ๐Ÿ‘ can't rate comfort as I went for the XL version for the stiffer sideways which increases the handling and feedback but will decrease ride comfort, If thats your preference. All in all a very good tyre and for the price I'll definitely buy these again๐Ÿ‘Œ (my ratings are based against tyres in this price range)
2 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
First time buying and using Hankook tires, I was initially very doubtful but I listened to the tire-dealers advice who strongly recommended these tires above anything els including so-called premium brands.
I have nothing bad to say about these tires, it's very good tires in both wet and dry, always good grip and braking both wet and dry, very good and safe handling, good and controllable feel, very good direction stability, good comfort and low noise-level.
These Hankook tires can match any premium brand and in my opinion they are better, very satisfied with these tires.
The only downside is the wear rate which is average at the best, they did not last very long, unfortunately a very typical problem with modern tires these days.
Although this is the only car I have driven with these Hankook tires, I think I can strongly recommend them except if wear is the most important issue.
Their performance lasted until the very last mm of tread, actually until somebody decided to shred all four tires on a public parking lot........fortunately.....(suspiciously?)..... there was a tire dealer next to this parking lot and he sold me some Michelin Primacy 4 tires which I have made another review about.
25 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2018

See all 40 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>