Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 39 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 219,950 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2018 Auto Bild 15 inch Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 20 tyres

• Positive - Test winner with excellent all round driving qualities. Strong in the wet and wet with precise steering and short wet and dry braking. Good comfort, good value for money.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning result.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 1st of 47 tyres

2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 15 tyres

• Positive - Very good on dry and wet roads, good value for money, accurate and quick steering response, very short braking distances on dry and wet roads, low wear
  • Negative - Average resistance to aquaplaning
  • Overall - Exemplary
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
318 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Beetle 1.4tsi Sport (215/60 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
Hankook Ventus Prime 3 is one of the best tires i've ever use, considering te price and maybe the best cosidering price=quality. I am very pleased with the handling after my Pirelli Cinturato P6 215/65r16. and next time , i think ill buy them again. Already drove almost 30000 kilometers and the tyres have like 75-80% thread to wear
21 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2018
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I am very pleased with the Ventus Prime 3. I had many tires that was fine from new and then just got decent and the last 1/3 of their life they where terrible. The Prime 3 keeps performing all its way until it is worn down in respect to comfort, handling and fuel economy. Also a tire where noise is almost independent of the temperature.
17 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2018
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C class 230 kompressor, TModel (225/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Exelent tyres except noise, after 4000 km they started making rumbling noise.
And no it's not my wheel bearing it's the tyres.
I would buy again.
14 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2018
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy IV (BP) 2.0i wagon (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 19,000 average miles
I have them on my Subaru Legacy 2004 wagon and it is actually the only tire to have used with that car as I fitted them directly when bought it 1,5 year ago. They are now 30000km and have a lot of thread to wear. I suspect they will last easily another 20000km. They are not used in an enthusiastic way as this is a heavy family car but the limits on the bends are huge. I have had a problem with them from the beginning with the braking. I am not very satisfied with them as I think is more to the tires issue and not the car's. They block easily. I will not buy them again as I need to experiment with other tires and maybe I am wrong about the feel and braking.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2018
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Mercedes C 180, 2013 Model, 205/55/16.
Michelin and Hankook review.

I have always been very careful and aware/educated when I bought new tires, I used to be a huge Michelin fan and held my nose when low-cost tires like Hankook etc was mentioned, it was unthinkable for me to use anything ells other than premium brands like Michelin.

After my original good Dunlop SP Sport FastResponse MO tires were worn out on my MB C180 I bought 4 new Michelin Primacy 3, actually against the recommendation from my tire-dealer who warned me about the Michelin's, for once I did not listen to good advice.

I have never been so surprised and disappointed about tires before, with the exception of some lethal LingLong tires on a rental car.

As I recently wrote about Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 on my other car, a MB SLK 350, the Michelin Primacy 3 has basically the same slightly "weird" unsafe feeling under all circumstances.

In the dry the Primacy 3 have this somewhat strange "heavy" and "clumsy" feeling, a slightly unstable "wandering" feeling in straight driving and curvy country roads, it's like constantly driving on slippery pebble roads, it is not much or a big problem but enough to be very irritating especially on long journeys.

With the Dunlops my C180 was 100% stable at all speeds both on straight and curvy roads, a "light" and "agile" safe feeling with the Dunlops, never with the Primacy 3.

I have previously noted with other Michelin tires on other cars that they could have a slightly "heavier" feeling than other brands but more solid planted on the road, I always liked it before and it was never a problem like with the Primacy 3.

With Primacy 3 I also noted that braking in both wet and dry is slightly worse than the Dunlops, not a huge difference but absolutely noticeable.

In dry corners/turns the grip is often pretty good with the Primacy 3 but it is not consequent, I have never before experienced tires with so surprising unequal irregular qualities on the limits and in sharp turns as the Primacy 3 and it's basically that same slightly shaky/wobbly feeling as PS3 on the limits.

There is also a somewhat "weird" noise from the tires at all speeds, a "course" and "rough" noise, almost as if there were small pieces of metal in the tires. (spikes)

The comfort with the Primacy 3 in general is mediocre at the best, a huge negative surprise from what I expected, I never had perfect comfort with Michelin's before but I never had any complaints either.

It's acceptable performance in the wet, I never had problems in heavy rain in straight driving but again inconsequent surprising and "weird" behavior in sharp turns and corner, it is simply not possible to trust these tires.

I really don't have anything good to say about Michelin Primacy 3, I do not like them at all and I do not trust them, I am extremely surprised and disappointed about that.

I owned a 2000 Model VW Bora (Jetta) since new for many years, I have had Dunlop SP 8000, Uniroyal MS Plus 55, Michelin HP, Michelin Pilot Exalto on this car, all of them were good tires with no problems, very stable with good grip and acceptable/good comfort.

The current owner of this VW Bora bought Michelin Primacy 3, I have driven that car with the Primacy 3 and it's basically the same experience as I have with my MB C180, a good car reduced by bad tires, in addition to the similar problems with my C180 the VW Bora easily loses grip on the rear and wobbles side to side with the rear when pushed near the limits in turns, I have never previously experienced this with the VW Bora and any other tire-brands, this car is normally very stable in any situation, believe me, I have pushed that car to every limit.

I have driven a VW Golf TSI 2016 Model and a BMW 320i 2016 Model with Michelin Primacy 3 tires with basically the same negatives regarding "heavy/clumsy" feeling, stability problems and mediocre comfort/noise, although I did not push these cars to the limits in curves/turns so I can not comment on that.

After ca 2000 km and a long journey in my C180 I had enough, no more Primacy 3, I got rid of them.

After recommendation from a tire-dealer, who was aware of the "problems" with the obviously very overrated Michelin Primacy 3, I decided to change and buy the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 which I would never had considered before.

As my tire dealer predicted, I was very positively surprised with the Hankook tires on my C180, much cheaper, much better than the Primacy 3, back to the "light" and "agile" feeling as with the Dunlops, very stable and planted in dry and wet, good braking, good comfort/noise, the wear is about average, nothing bad to say about the Hankook, good tires, very similar to my good Dunlop tires even at very high speeds.

I never had anything bad at all to say about Michelin tires on my own previous cars and other cars I previously have driven with Michelin tires, it was for a long time my absolute favorite tire-brand, it was good to drive on and they lasted long.

Nowadays my own experience with both new and older cars with the newest Michelin tires is always disappointing regardless of car and tire-size and based on comments from both tire dealers and consumers with different cars I can only agree that Michelin's now are widely overrated, and very overpriced, and even some budget tire-brands are superior in basically every way.

One explanation to the Michelin fail might be manufacturing process in different countries, I do not know, but the tires I tried lately were all manufactured in France except for one tire that was manufactured in Spain.

I always had correct alignment and tire-pressure, no mechanical problems with the cars, I can only conclude that Michelin for me is now a fallen "hero".
26 - tyre reviewed on February 20, 2018

See all 32 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>