Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 176,950 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 15 tyres

• Positive - Very good on dry and wet roads, good value for money, accurate and quick steering response, very short braking distances on dry and wet roads, low wear
  • Negative - Average resistance to aquaplaning
  • Overall - Exemplary

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 2nd of 43 tyres

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 2nd of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
237 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CR Z (195/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Third set after Yokohama Advan AE10 (lasted 40.000 km), Falken ZE 914 ECORUN (lasted 50.000 km). Based on the tests and reviews this time I go for Ventus Prime 3. It's so sluggish on cornering, feels unsecure even with relatively easier turns. It doesn't even as good as budget Falken. This tires have killed all my passion for my car.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Replaced four mismatched tyres that were on my Seat when I bought it with these Hankooks, having liked them on the Golf that I had previously. Turns out I wasn't wrong, and the car is transformed.
These tyres inspire confidence in both dry and wet conditions, even in cold weather. Minimal slip, even when pulling away on hills in the wet (the POS hard Autogrip tyres that were formerly on the front would spin every single time) and great feel on turn in, settling quickly down into tangible grip that stays there through the corner. Even under hard braking the ABS very rarely has to get involved. Noise is average, VW group cars are pretty well insulated so I'm not really troubled by road noise.
I have generally found Hankook tyres to be as good as or better than Michelin, Bridgestone and Pirelli tyres that I have also used. Highly recommended.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2017
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf TSI 1.4 225whp (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 22,700 easy going miles
Great tyres just had to change having done 22700 miles on the fronts.
Grip has been excellent, handling has been amazing, a decent MPG.
I would definitely have these again.
9 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2017

See all 27 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>