Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 55 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 366,362 miles driven.

2019 ACE Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good braking performance, good dry handling.
  • Negative - Average wet performance, sluggish steering reactions.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good wet and dry braking, good off road, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Exemplary.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

2018-12-25 - I have a Cayman 2.9 and am looking to run a squared setup of 245/40/18, would these be a good tyre for track and street work on a car with 265hp, or would you recommend another tyre like ps4? Also, would you recommend a square setup that low on the car, as the standard setup for a 18" cayman is 235/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear.

Sadly I've not used the Prime3 on track, or do I know anything about changing tyre sizes on a Cayman! Perhaps check out an owners club online to see if others have made this change.

2019-08-24 - I have now 4 Michelin primacy 3 tyres on my Opel/Vauxhall Astra K 1.0. What do you recommend for a 1 pair change: Ventus prime 3 of Efficient Grip Performance? Or maybe an s1 evo 3 or a Eagle F1 assymetric 5 pair? I will start with 1 pair change beacause the profile of the other pair is still good. Thanks

The Ventus Prime 3 and Efficient Grip Performance are a more natural match for the Primacy 3, however if you want to switch to a more sporty tyre that's ok as long as it's done in pairs.

2019-10-05 - If you can choose between the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance, what would you choose for a dynamic (but not speeding) drivestyle?

I'm afraid I've not driven the two back to back, so I'd be shooting in the dark. Some of the tests on the site should comment on the subjective handling of each tyre.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
423 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Given 89% while driving a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDci (195/60 R15) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I use these on an old Ford Fusion diesel (every day) that had Firestones and Continentals. The car has a harder ride and these tyre a absolutely perfect for it. They flex, and give a softer but controlled ride, but with a grip that's much better than anything I've had before. Basically I love these tyres. It's a noisy car so I really don't know about their road noise.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 77% while driving a Skoda Octavia (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 12,800 average miles
These tyres have excellent dry and wet grip. I've driven them on all types of road and in all conditions except for snow and ice. They are very comfortable to drive on and give a stable and sure response when driving in all conditions. I've had them on the car for 18 months while driving in the city mainly, and occasionally on longer drives on various roads from Motorway to B grade roads. They have always handled well. My only concern is that I have only driven 12800 miles in them and they are already worn down below 1.5mm. I'm very surprised with that. I think I will only manage to get 2 years out of these tyres and possibly between 15-16k miles.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2019
Given 85% while driving a Toyota Yaris Mk2 1.33 (1NR FE) (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Finally worn down the old Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance and got a set of these on Jonathan's recommendation. Pretty cheap too - Managed to get them for £55 each from F1 Autocentres online, including fitting, new valves, old tyres disposed of etc. when the prices were fluctuating every day. Bargain! Esp. for these rims! Alas they've gone back up, stabilizing in the low 60's at time of writing so I lucked out there!

Initial differences - The road noise is slightly but noticeably better; It's still pretty loud on certain surfaces but not as obnoxiously loud as the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance were, esp. on concrete slab sections of motorway where the EfficientGrips would leave me with tinnitus because they were so f'ing noisy! Again shows that the official tyre noise rating is useless as the EfficientGrip Performance is rated at 67dB vs the VentusPrime's 71dB so it shouldn't be quieter!!

Grip is noticeably better over the EfficientGrip Performance, at least in the dry - I've yet to trigger the ABS under heavy braking, and it gives confidence that when I want the car to stop, it actually will stop! This was a constant issue with the Goodyears - Under anything other than a perfectly dry flat smooth road, would often suddenly run out of grip when braking hard, triggering the ABS and costing me 50% of forward braking force making the car feel like it was suddenly lurching forward!

Also, there is a fairly steep right turn I often need to take at junction that has poor visibility and is onto a fast road so I want to clear the junction and get up to speed quickly - I find this is a good test of a tyre's grip as it has to contend with sudden high acceleration force and still deliver lateral grip; In my crappy FWD Yaris it's quite a good torture test of a tyre's grip.
The EfficientGrip Performance would almost always wheelspin if I just floored it, losing me forward acceleration and forcing me to back off until I'd straightened the wheel, leaving my rear hanging out longer than I'd like.
The VentusPrime3 has been much better - Several times now I've been through that junction and accelerated at full power into the turn and so far I've never spun the wheels up at all, it just hauled off like I expect them to. Feels much safer and gives me more confidence than the Goodyears did!

They do seem to ride a bit harder than the Goodyears, although this is at the higher PSI I tend to run my tyres at - At stock recommended PSI they absorb speed bump impacts and drains etc. as well as most tyres. The difference in shock absorption between low and high PSI is more noticeable with these than the Goodyears. Might be a factor of sidewall stiffness?

Very happy with them so far - Hankook have made a very good tyre here; My only concern is how long they will last, and how much the performance will degrade over its lifetime - Last time I had tyres with such good initial impressions was with the Continental Premium Contact 5 - I gave them high marks across the board initially, but quickly discovered the horrific wear rate. I think they lasted half as long as tyres normally lasted on that car and that totally negated the relatively low cost (for a Conti!) of it.
(Supposedly they have fixed this in newer version of the CPC5 but the price has gone up by over £30 since then too!)

Hopefully that won't be the case with the Ventus Prime 3 - We shall see when I've put some real miles on them and they've been through all 4 seasons!
2 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2019
Given 96% while driving a BMW 116i (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 8,500 average miles
Fitted these to my BMW 116i last summer to go with a pair of hardly used but old Kumho Ecsta KU31's that were my previous favourite tyre. Intitially I fitted the Prime 3's up front so as to wear the older tyres first on the rear.
Even with the car kicking the rear out a bit grip and feedback was always superb on the front, once in damp conditions the rear got away and I had to counter steer and brake to avoid hitting the bollard at the exit of the roundabout I was playing on. No problem!!
Grip and aquaplaning resistance was always great in the wet too and even in cold weather when winter came around it was still up there.
Over winter I switched the Prime's to the rear as the Kumho's were getting well loose even with full traction and ESP on with just the standard 115bhp. The front was noticeably less grippy with the Kumho's but still pretty good, the rear however was transformed allowing slightly wreckless driving again as long as the electronics were left on.
This summer I couldn't be arsed to swap the tyres back around, after roughly 8500 miles the Prime 3's are down to 6mm of tread which is not much wear and the engine has had a remap so is slightly more powerful. Kicking the back out is not quite as easy as with the Kumho's on the rear partly because the front will try to understeer a bit now but the car does handle better with the Primes on the rear if you just want to go fast in the corners.
I've just bought a E46 330d coupe for summer so this will be my winter car now, when I need tyres for the 330 I'll be buying more Ventus Prime 3's at least for the front.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2019

See all 46 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>