Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 44 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 243,662 miles driven.

2018 Auto Review 225/45 R17 Tyre Test - 3rd of 11 tyres

2018 Gute Fahrt Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Excellent safety with best overall dry and wet braking result. Good dry handling.
  • Negative - Average wet handling with understeer. Average comfort.
  • Overall - Good.

2018 Auto Bild 15 inch Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 20 tyres

• Positive - Test winner with excellent all round driving qualities. Strong in the wet and wet with precise steering and short wet and dry braking. Good comfort, good value for money.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning result.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

2018-12-25 - I have a Cayman 2.9 and am looking to run a squared setup of 245/40/18, would these be a good tyre for track and street work on a car with 265hp, or would you recommend another tyre like ps4? Also, would you recommend a square setup that low on the car, as the standard setup for a 18" cayman is 235/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear.

Sadly I've not used the Prime3 on track, or do I know anything about changing tyre sizes on a Cayman! Perhaps check out an owners club online to see if others have made this change.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
350 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Given 100% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15) on mostly town for 400 spirited miles
So I have these tyres on my MR2, 185/55/15 front and 215/45/16 rear and I have nothing but good things to say about these tyres, only had them since January so can't comment on the dry grip (because England) or wear yet but in the Wet they have definitely surprised me, car has yet to step out on me when pushed ๐Ÿ‘ can't rate comfort as I went for the XL version for the stiffer sideways which increases the handling and feedback but will decrease ride comfort, If thats your preference. All in all a very good tyre and for the price I'll definitely buy these again๐Ÿ‘Œ (my ratings are based against tyres in this price range)
0 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
First time buying and using Hankook tires, I was initially very doubtful but I listened to the tire-dealers advice who strongly recommended these tires above anything els including so-called premium brands.
I have nothing bad to say about these tires, it's very good tires in both wet and dry, always good grip and braking both wet and dry, very good and safe handling, good and controllable feel, very good direction stability, good comfort and low noise-level.
These Hankook tires can match any premium brand and in my opinion they are better, very satisfied with these tires.
The only downside is the wear rate which is average at the best, they did not last very long, unfortunately a very typical problem with modern tires these days.
Although this is the only car I have driven with these Hankook tires, I think I can strongly recommend them except if wear is the most important issue.
Their performance lasted until the very last mm of tread, actually until somebody decided to shred all four tires on a public parking lot........fortunately.....(suspiciously?)..... there was a tire dealer next to this parking lot and he sold me some Michelin Primacy 4 tires which I have made another review about.
7 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 6,500 average miles
I bought them in March this year with about 52 euro / piece and I made about 10,000 km. From the comfort point of view, silent, good adhesion on both wet and dry. I am very pleased with them, I recommend them and I would buy them again.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2018
Given 91% while driving a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDci (225/45 R15) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I've been through various brands of tyres on the car which were OK but the difference with these is amazing. With emergency stops the ABS hardly switches on (wet and dry) with super short stopping distances. They have a solid feeling with excellent road feedback but without being uncomfortable and the road sound is OK and not a problem. I didn't know that tyres could be this good and make so much difference to a car.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018
Given 78% while driving a Volvo 240 estate (195/65 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 200 easy going miles
Recently, I went from ContiPremiumContact 5 (CPC5) on all four corners to Hankook Ventus Prime 3 (HVP3) on the rear axle. I have done a couple of hundred miles in the dry, and under those circumstances, the HVP3 seems to be on par with the CPC5. Cornering feels fine, comfort is okay and they actually seem a little quieter that the CPC5s.

Wet grip and wear are yet to be determinded and the overall picture will become clearer once my car has the HVP3 on all wheels. The initial impressions seem promising.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018

See all 38 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>