Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 50 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 315,062 miles driven.

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good braking performance, good dry handling.
  • Negative - Average wet performance, sluggish steering reactions.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good wet and dry braking, good off road, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Exemplary.

2019 ACE Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

2018-12-25 - I have a Cayman 2.9 and am looking to run a squared setup of 245/40/18, would these be a good tyre for track and street work on a car with 265hp, or would you recommend another tyre like ps4? Also, would you recommend a square setup that low on the car, as the standard setup for a 18" cayman is 235/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear.

Sadly I've not used the Prime3 on track, or do I know anything about changing tyre sizes on a Cayman! Perhaps check out an owners club online to see if others have made this change.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
406 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Honda (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Very good tyre. It's much cheaper than other premium brands but still gives good performance. Very good on dry roads. On wet they can be compared with my previous set of tyres which were Rainsports 3. Hankooks are quiet and have a good wear. I've done 3k miles and they seems to be still like new.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Volvo 240 estate (195/65 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 3,000 easy going miles
Now that I have done about 3000 miles on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 (HVP3), it's time to rereview them.

They are currently at the rear of a Volvo 240 Estate, while the ContiPremiumContact 5 (CPC5) are still at the front. In the mean time, the suspension has been upgraded making it a little stiffer and better handling than a factory original car, so now it demands a little more from the tyres in corners.

In my initial review I was positive about dry performance, and that hasn't changed. In corners taken at speed, the HVP3 matches the CPC5. After 3000 miles I can say that the same goes for wet driving. The HVP3 is a good tyre.

The main reason I switched from CPC5 to HVP3 was high wear of the former. In tests the hvp3 performed better. But on my car, the HVP3 has lost enough tread in those 3000 miles that I doubt it's going to have a much longer treadlife than the CPC5.
They lost 0.6 mm at the rear (driven) wheels while the CPC5s lost 0.4 mm at the front.

If wear remains linear throughout the tread life, I'll be looking for replacements in less than 25,000 miles.
I'm still planning on having HVP3s on all four corners to get a better picture, but that will have to wait a while as the CPC5's still have some life left in them.

To be revisited when I do a front/rear swap.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (205/55 R16 T) on mostly town for 20,000 spirited miles
Very good price and a very good all round tire!

Dry grip is great especially after they're warmed up. They're loosing grip very progressively when pushed hard but they seem to have a bit of rolling resistance, not much though.

Wet grip is also great as is the wear rate. I also drove them for 2k km on a Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI and they were lacking a bit of grip when pushed. I would recommend something sportier for cars of 140+ hp if they're usually driven in an agressive manner.

They convinced me to buy a winter set of Hankook winter Icept RS2 and they didn't dissapoint in an way.
I will definately buy Hankook again, most likely the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Previous had 4 hankook ventus prime 2 Fitted this tyres all 4 by recomendation on the tyre review videos on youtube . Initial toughts and driving very good tyre , i mean excelent grip dry and wet at a good price!!! All good until they reached the 3-4mm mark... back is way loose now... if i make a spirited driving on moutain the rear feels like going on ice
... didnt have this till the 3-4mm mark . For the price they are the best ones i admit! And prettygood wear now at 3mm and almost 40k km.
.. gonna try Continental next time
13 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2019

See all 42 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>