Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Tyre review data from 30 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 150,950 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 AutoBild Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 15 tyres

• Positive - Very good on dry and wet roads, good value for money, accurate and quick steering response, very short braking distances on dry and wet roads, low wear
  • Negative - Average resistance to aquaplaning
  • Overall - Exemplary

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 2nd of 43 tyres

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 2nd of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
225 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf TSI 1.4 225whp (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 22,700 easy going miles
Great tyres just had to change having done 22700 miles on the fronts.
Grip has been excellent, handling has been amazing, a decent MPG.
I would definitely have these again.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS Veloce (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 spirited miles
I decided to try these as I previously had a complete set of Ventus Prime 2 K115 and the promise of being a little more sporting was appealing. Both the 2s and 3s are good tyres IMO when it is remembered they are touring tyres and not track biased in any way.

The first thing anyone will notice is noise and comfort. Surprisingly, the 3s are actually a set backwards. The 2s are noticeably quieter and round off road imperfections more effectively. In this department, both are superior to the heavy Conti Premium Contact 2s. The Kook 2s are almost as good as the lightweight Pirelli P7 Cinturatos with regard to comfort which on my other 156.

Next is response and feedback. The Ventus Prime 3s are a small improvement over the 2s in this respect. The 2s are obviously aimed more for comfort. The 3s are similar to the Pirellis but not as good as the Contis which need less lock to get round bends. The 2s are adequate but not inspiring.

Handling. I thought I'd have more to say given the crazy angles I've put the 156s round bends but they appear to be safe and manageable. Perhaps that is in itself great praise. Contrast that with the Contis which become messy, inaccurate and totally lack adjustability and either of the Kooks really do shape up to look controllable in extremis. They are perhaps not as good as the Pirellis though. The only criticism I have for the 3s is that cold weather does drop off a little (as it does with all summer tyres). In this area, for once, the Contis make sense. However, the good handling means it is easily manageable and the reduction is in no way concerning.

Wear. I'd say the 3s have it. I can't be sure but now the 3s have less than 3mm and over 20k miles (a first for me) I think the 3s are a particularly durable tyre. My impressions of the 2s wear I though wear was on the high side but I didn't mind. I did mind having to rub loads of tyre black into the tiny sidewall ribs of the 2s though... Another thing about these tyres, notably the 3s is how well they preserve the grip and handling characteristics when they are worn. Budget tyres cannot do this and become terrible (a set of Vredestein Sportrac 3s became decidedly psychotic- yet were winning tyre tests). They may not be up to Michelin Pilot levels in this respect but they do perform convincingly even when worn so can go right to the 1.6mm.

In short, either variant is recommended. The 2s are quieter and more comfortably and the 3s feel a little more sporting even though there is not much difference in outright grip.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2017
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS Veloce (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I've found these to be a well balanced touring tyre which I can recommend. Tyre life is good and although they have been on the front and rear, there is still over 3mm on them after 20000 miles of sometimes very spirited progress.

For a touring tyre, grip is about as good as can be reasonably expected which is less than that of a sports focused tyre for obvious reasons. However, last winter I found the cold weather performance to suffer more than the Continental Premium Contact 2 tyres at the other end. The Hankooks are not terrible in this respect but not as good as some. However, they remained stable, predictable and controllable so there was never cause for alarm.

Although they tend to have fairly large slip angles (not as true tracking as some tyres), grip and tyre life seems notably good. In short, not quite up to Pirelli P7 Cinturatos but they are cheaper and only slightly not as good.
Definitely good value for money and a good performing tyre which is only slightly let down by its aquaplaning resistance. Good in all other respects.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320 d (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I have only 1500km with them and the wear for now is minimum. Very quiet and comforttable tire. Wet and Dry feedback is good, but this is not sporty tires. This is maybe one of best touring tires for me. I recommend for everyone who want to buy good touring tires for nice price.
12 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2017

See all 24 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>