Jinyu YW51

Show all: Jinyu tyres, Passenger Car Winter Touring tyres
The Jinyu YW51 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 17,200 miles driven.

Jinyu YW51

76%

73%

74%

Jinyu YW51 Reviews

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180K Avantgarde (225-45-17-)
Bought these last year from Wheelwright for winter with some steel wheels and the difference they made was unbelievable. I managed to get to work throughout the winter which is important as taking a day off because of snow isn't really an option, and I cannot believe how much better the Merc handles. Before buying these tyres, driving was pant-wettingly scary! Would recommend.
tyre reviewed on November 28, 2013
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz B200cdi (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
don't buy. cheep shit.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2013
Looking to buy the Jinyu YW51? Click here to search for the best price for the Jinyu YW51 or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225-45-17-H)
I drive a rear wheel drive car and after the constant jibes last year I decided to bite the bullet and buy some winter tyres and wheels. Unfortunately I was on a serious budget due to a rather excessive summer tyre bill for my other wheels and it was with some reluctance that I finally decided on these. All I can say is wow! Winter driving in general was greatly improved and after doing a few hundred miles quite gingerly I decided that these could take the strain nearly as well as my summers. When it came to snow these were in a completely different league - I honestly can't convey quite how good these worked but imagine the difference between night and day. Last year I got stuck in a flat car park just spinning around a bit and wearing my clutch out - this year in the same car park I was flying past everything. My only real concern was that my stopping distances were now so short (in comparison) that I did fear for the back end of my car when the person behind couldn't stop!
tyre reviewed on March 2, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 T5 (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Bought a pair for the front in the second snow Jan 2013, traveled from Horsforth, Leeds to Pudsey asda, back down through Carverly then on to Harrogate to visit my son, got home 2.30 AM no trouble at all, even the steep hill in Bramhope, & ccokridge, uo Pool bank and airport no probs, front wheel drive only.
Absolutley fantastic.
tyre reviewed on January 27, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V40 Estate (195-55-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
As we live in a rural backwater I fitted a set of these to my wife's Volvo V40 last winter. Not really put to the test last year. However, put them back on this winter. Really put them to the test today. Compacted snow and freezing temps made the road in front of my house like an ice rink. These tyres were brilliant. Took it steady on the way out. No wheel spin and they felt very grippy. On the way back I decided to put them to the test and put my foot on the break. They kept me going in a straight line. Extremely good value and more importantly I felt safe with them in each corner. Will be putting a set on my V70 D5.
tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan Sport 2.0 TDI 140hp (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Just got back from Austria Ski trip with a VW Tiguan 4 motion
fitted new Jinyu tyres as recommended by my tyre fitters that i have used for ever @ 80.00 per corner
They were first class
They were so grippy it was a delight
We were out every day in fresh snow and slush plus lots of rain
The temperature was between + 3 degrees and - 7 degrees
Another vehicle with us slid every where and got stuck a lot
We did not get stuck and we descended some very steep winding roads without fault
These tyres are well worth fitting for peace of mind
tyre reviewed on January 6, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Suberb MkII (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 4,000 spirited miles
Drove to Poland in Winter with these. In Germany it was Pi**ing it down (lots of surface water)no probs. Excellent in snow and Ice.
tyre reviewed on July 10, 2012
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (195-60-15-T)
fitted to taxi for winter months not used in snow yet but they are wearing well and can take the heavy use
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2012
Given 22% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 2.0 hdi (195-60-15-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2012
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 120d (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
Absolutely amazing in the snow and ice they just grip and grip I found my self going past a group of cars becoming stuck in the snow and I just flew past them effortlessly considering the car I have they make a hell of a difference brilliant I would highly recomend
tyre reviewed on December 19, 2011

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!