Jinyu YW51

The Jinyu YW51 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 21,300 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Jinyu YW51
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Jinyu YW51
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Jinyu YW51. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Jinyu YW51 Review

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225/45 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I drive a rear wheel drive car and after the constant jibes last year I decided to bite the bullet and buy some winter tyres and wheels. Unfortunately I was on a serious budget due to a rather excessive summer tyre bill for my other wheels and it was with some reluctance that I finally decided on these. All I can say is wow! Winter driving in general was greatly improved and after doing a few hundred miles quite gingerly I decided that these could take the strain nearly as well as my summers. When it came to snow these were in a completely different league - I honestly can't convey quite how good these worked but imagine the difference between night and day. Last year I got stuck in a flat car park just spinning around a bit and wearing my clutch out - this year in the same car park I was flying past everything. My only real concern was that my stopping distances were now so short (in comparison) that I did fear for the back end of my car when the person behind couldn't stop!
19 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2013

Latest Jinyu YW51 Reviews

Have you driven on the Jinyu YW51 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the YW51.

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (mk4 facelift) 1.3 Flight (175/65 R14) on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I bought these tyres a year ago already on steel rims and part used. They all had about 6mm of thread on them. But I only got around to fitting them today. I've fitted the tyres to my mother's car - a 1998 Ford Fiesta, so I'm not going to be able to give any real long term and in depth analysis of these tyres, other than to tell you if my mother managed to get out of the car park of the local supermarket on a snowy day.

All I can say is I drove the car to the garage for it's MOT and also to get the summer tyres changed with these and on the way home the ride was much nicer, a lot less bouncy then with the summer tyres which were 4 different makes on each wheel. One thing to note that I've not seen pointed out on any review is these tyres are designed to turn in only 1 direction, so the tread pattern is pretty good in that it's designed to provide good grip going forwards. I'd say the car drove much better on these tyres, part of the reason for that will be having 4 tyres all of the same make and model.

Right now it's the first week of December 2017 - they keep telling us this will be the coldest winter in 5+ years, so if it is then it will give use a good chance to test out these tyres. All I can say right now is the tyres seem fine and they drove a lot better than the previous mixed set of tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2017
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (205/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Good winter tyre does the job . Very good value for money. Better than summer tyres in the snow
6 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2016
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S40 (195/60 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
just fitted these tyres to my Volvo S40 saloon, and have so far driven over a 1000 miles with no problems at all, the tyres grip great in the wet,ice and dry and the steering has been more responsive than ever, I have not tried then in any snow yet but will be very soon on a trip up to Scotland. For the past 2 years I have fitted more premium brands of tyres to my car but will be purchasing set of Jinyu summer tyres later on in the year and they are a superb make.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180K Avantgarde (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought these last year from Wheelwright for winter with some steel wheels and the difference they made was unbelievable. I managed to get to work throughout the winter which is important as taking a day off because of snow isn't really an option, and I cannot believe how much better the Merc handles. Before buying these tyres, driving was pant-wettingly scary! Would recommend.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2013
Given 28% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz B200cdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
don't buy. cheep shit.