Kleber Quadraxer

Kleber Quadraxer

The Kleber Quadraxer is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 40 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 578,731 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2012 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Balanced safe driving characteristics and short braking distances on snowy slopes, pleasant ride comfort
  • Negative - Poor steering behavior and extended braking distances in wet and dry conditions

2011 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Dynamic safe handling, good steering, short braking on snow. Good ride comfort and rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Long braking distances in wet conditions.

2013 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 8th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Balanced safe driving in winter, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Weak performance in the wet, prolonged braking distances on wet and dry conditions. Low aquaplaning resistance.
185/60 R15 84T   E E 71
205/55 R16 94V XL   E E 71
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kleber Quadraxer. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kleber Quadraxer Review

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 26,000 spirited miles
I was recommended these by my local tyre fitter, after a little research I decided they would probably be a good option for all year round driving. Well after 26000 miles of pretty spirited driving I have to say these are a good choice. they are not the best at any particular type of weather or road. However they are a good all-round tyre. Snow grip was very good, rain traction is ok, braking not so good in the wet. dry conditions traction is good, cornering nice and progressive braking good. However these tyres seem to get better the colder it is, almost like a switch, when it drops below 5 deg c is when they are at their best.I was expecting them to wear out in the summer months but they have really surprised me. I've had them on for 2 years now and they are still going strong (Maybe the 4 wheel drive is helping). I don't even think they are half worn yet.They are a little noisier than summer tyres that is my only criticism really . If you take them as a good all-round average tyre for all conditions you cant get a lot better for your money. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good quality tyre.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2014

Latest Kleber Quadraxer Reviews

Have you driven on the Kleber Quadraxer tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Quadraxer.

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (185/65 R15 R) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
Fitted just over a year ago, and with such a mild winter had no opportunity to try in adverse weather. This is the house runabout car with predominately shortish trips in variety of conditions.
Definitely notice the handling difference in dry hot weather vs summer tyres with less precise turn in, but more than makes up for this when the temperature drops or the rain falls. Very quiet and smooth in all conditions. Very good at displacing water in flooded motorways.
This winter had the opportunity to try in snow - what a transformation from summer tyres. Passed three cars who were attempting a hill and failing, had enough traction and steering to be able to safely negotiate my way around them and accelerate up the hill. The ability to brake in snow and to go downhill safely is a tremendous confidence booster. All in all an inexpensive but very capable set of tyres and I am surprised why they rate poorly in independent tests when they are very competent in real life.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2015
5 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 2.3 SE Estate (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
An excellent all round tyre that has lasted 4 years. Always felt safe especially on snow. Will replace all my tyres with quadraxers again on my Saab 95.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 dti (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 36,000 spirited miles
I had these fitted to a Zafira 2.0dti, not a performance car so the lack of turn-in and feedback wasn't an issue despite mixed urban/country (often spirited) driving. Excellent performance in snow and rain saved the day on many occasions over 'closed' Peak District roads. Quiet, comfortable and fuel economy seemed unaffected. I can't believe they were still legal after 36,000 miles!!! Whilst driving feedback scores low it simply isn't noticed 98% of the time. Definitely buy again.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 42,800 easy going miles
I Bought these in December 2012 for winter use - didn't bother to change them in March 2013 as I had got used to the feel of them - I am still using them in March 2014 having done 42,800 miles on them and they still have 5mm on the front and 6mm on the back. They are not as good in the dry and hot conditions as summer tyres - but hey drive sensibly keep your distance and they are perfect - you will use less fue too (2011 Passat Estate 1.6 diesel LS model averaging 55.6mpg over total distance to date of 77,800). Will never buy another type of tyre.

Oh yes - they are superb in the snow.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014