Maxxis Bravo A/T771

The Maxxis Bravo AT771 is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 148,561 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Maxxis Bravo AT771
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Bravo AT771
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis Bravo AT771. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis Bravo AT771 Review

Nissan (235/75 R15) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
I have never had such bad tyres in the wet as these Maxis 4x4 Bravos. They were on the swb Terrano when we bought it and they wear very well but we have to be extremely careful on tight bends due to the skidding back end.
They are quite old I'm told but they have loads of tread on them but I replaced the fronts due to front skidding when braking in the wet and these rear ones will come off this weekend as I would say the situation is dangerous if the rear Bravos are left on. I spoke to an excellent motor engineer who's Merc skids in the wet and guess what his tyre brand is ?
259 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2016

Latest Maxxis Bravo AT771 Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Bravo AT771 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Bravo AT771.

Given 93% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover TD6 (255/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Previously, I've bought sets of both the Goodyear Wrangler HP (Land Rover's original fitment) and Michelin Latitude Cross tyres. I decided however, that this time around I'd try a set of Maxxis AT771's as the Michelin's proved to work well on the road, but far less well off road, particularly on wet grass.

I generally expect All Terrain tyres to be a bit of a compromise, that said, the Maxxis 771's have really impressed me. The grip off-road is far better that I've experienced before, sure-footed progress up wet bank sides is no problem, likewise the grip on descent provides every confidence that you're not going to lose traction.

On the road, the 771's drive comfortably, they're smooth and surprisingly quiet, with little discernible difference in road / cabin noise to previous tyres despite the higher rating. The Maxxis 771's grip well in the dry and (if driven responsibly!) equally well in the wet, coping easily with moderate snow . After 11 months of use the wear on these tyres is minimal despite the car covering a good many road miles and with luck, they should last at least as well, if not somewhat better, than the Michelin Cross.

Overall, I highly recommend these tyres if you intend using your car both on and off road. I'd happily buy them again.
9 - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2018
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 96% while driving a Subaru Forester 2.0 XT (205/70 R15) on mostly country roads for 27,961 spirited miles
Amazing AT Tyres!!! highly recommend these as a full set. Why do I love them:
1. They handle the road really well for an AT tyre, I can still "drive" my car through corners with confidence.
2. Do extremely well on gravel roads. I used to have a 20km daily commute on gravel, with AWD they stick like glue.
3. Great grip on grassy hills, okay in mud and sand
4. With correct pressure and rotation and alignment every 10,000km I got 45,000km out of them. And that's with me 'driving' my manual Forester quite hard on windy tar-seal and gravel. Something we have a lot of in New Zealand. For an AWD vehicle this is a great result, my local dealer was well impressed.
5. For an AT tyre not much road noise
6. White lettering on the side walls helps beef up the look of the Forester :)

Don't hesitate, you'll be pleased with this choice..
3 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Mitsubishi shogun sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Got 4 new for my shogun sport on the road and snow they are good but on mud they have let me down and i have been stuck, it was like I had slicks on with no grip
17 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2018
Given 99% while driving a Mitsubishi shogun sport (255/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
I've had various tyres on my 2.5 warrior over the years and have found Maxxis AT771 to have been top performer so far. I only selected these as a cheaper choice between these and grabbers AT2. After 25k they're evenly down to 4mm so will be looking to change imminently, however unless someone provides are good reason to change to at2 then will definitely go with maxxis again.
Have been faultless from initial balancing to motorway, field, farm tracks, rain, mud and snow.
Yes they'll break free in the wet if RWD is selected and you attack the throttle and yes they'll slide on sheet ice....but lets be real.
35 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2018