Maxxis Mecotra ME3

The Maxxis Mecotra ME3 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Maxxis Victra MA510

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 22,006 miles driven.

2019 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 7th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Very low fuel consumption, very good in the dry.
  • Negative - A little weak in the wet.

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 175/65 R14 - 13th of 14 tyres

• Positive - Best dry performance
  • Negative - Weak in the wet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Mecotra ME3

Questions and Answers for the Maxxis Mecotra ME3

2018-10-02 - What is the weight of a Maxxis Mecotra ME3 165/65/14?

Unfortunately we don't have any weight data for this tyre.

Top Maxxis Mecotra ME3 Review

Given 51% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16) on for 6 miles
I bought these tyres mid-September '18 and I'm replacing them now mid-January '19. Decent grip in the dry but prone to understeer in the wet.
26 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2019

Latest Maxxis Mecotra ME3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Mecotra ME3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Mecotra ME3.

Given 81% while driving a Rover rover 200 turbo coupe (185/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Admittedly I've not had these long but really a very good all round tyre, you won't get much better for the money and a big step up from the cheapest budget / unknown brands. Very grippy, car does not understeer as easily in the dry and seems to allow me to exploit the handling characteristics of my car a bit more. Less wheel spin that previous tyres too. If I was critical possibly less feedback but honestly it's hard to tell and not an objective thing really.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2019
Renault (185/60 R16 T) on mostly town for 12,000 spirited miles
They are fitted to a mk3 clio 1.4.

They are an alright tyre in the dry, reasonably quiet, comfy and have decent grip in the dry. However, anything other than dry they are terrible. Fitted to a 100hp car and it still lights up the tyres in 2nd at a reasonable rpm in the wet. I've never had any tyres do this in such a low hp car. When cornering, they are predictable in the wet and dry which is a plus for me. All 4 tyres currently have 5mm so wear is quite good.

I know its a summer tyre, but they significantly lose grip in sub 0 temps where as my older tyres, dunlop sp sport 01 retained a lot more grip in less than ideal conditions.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 51% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16) on for 6 miles