Maxxis Premitra HP5

Maxxis Premitra HP5

The Maxxis Premitra HP5 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Maxxis PRO R1

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 3,500 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Maxxis Premitra HP5
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Premitra HP5
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis Premitra HP5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis Premitra HP5 Review

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Swift 1,2 2013 (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Applied this Maxxis HP5 on my wife's Suzuki Swift for 6 weeks/2500KM. At the first week these HP5 surprised me very much, I can even drift the little Swift at 80Km/hr on corners without braking it and no tyre crying noise. However, after 1500 KM, I found loud ZZZ noise up the highway driving at over 80Km/hr. Other than bad noise comfort, I actually feel the grips on wet/dry are quite above average. Recommended only for racing enthusiastic people who do not mind the noise. Me I cannot stand it cause it really trigger my tinnitus.
24 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2016

Latest Maxxis Premitra HP5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Premitra HP5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Premitra HP5.

24 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2016
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E39 5 series (225/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
According to an Article found online:
(The Maxxis Premitra HP5 has been awarded the highest honour at 2015 Motor Trend magazine’s ‘Tyre of the Year’ award ceremony in Shanghai surpassing the likes of industry leaders Pirelli, Bridgestone and Goodyear.)
I decided to give the Maxxis Premitra HP5 a try.
Not expecting much from chinese brands, I was positive surprised !

Outstanding performance in wet and dry weather conditions !
The EU - Tire label rated A for wet conditions is spot on !
Never had that great street performance experience on other tires.Not even the Continental Winter Contact tires I had were that god on rainy conditions.
I drive once a week a 49 km mountain road.
The grip on the curves is just incredible god.
Minimum vibration and rolling noise.On freeway,Highway speeds even lover
sounds like beeing in a airplane.
Wear is not visible jet. but because of its full-silica rubber compound I guess these will last for a long time.
I understand now why the Maxxis Premitra HP5 beat Pirelli, Bridgestone and Goodyear at the‘Tyre of the Year’ award ceremony in Shanghai last year.

I highly recommend these 225/55/16 sized Maxxis Premitra HP5 tires
for BMW and simmilar build and weighted cars.
Tire size 205 to 235 may be same or simmilar god.
Please do not complain later, If you need big tires for SUV or sports cars.
Big tires are different in handling and noise levels.Wait for a review with the
big sized tires you need.

3 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2016