Maxxis Premitra HP5

Maxxis Premitra HP5

The Maxxis Premitra HP5 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Maxxis PRO R1

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 17,000 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 Auto Bild Summer SUV Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good traction on wet roads, low rolling resistance, surprisingly good traction in sand and mud, cheap
  • Negative - Very low traction on wet grass and gravel, inaccurate response to steering, noisy

2017 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances in the dry
  • Negative - Imprecise steering response on dry roads, long braking distances and a strong tendency to understeer on wet roads, high level of noise
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good handling in the dry, excellent wear
  • Negative - Average resistance to aquaplaning, limited wet grip
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Premitra HP5
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis Premitra HP5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis Premitra HP5 Review

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki Swift 1,2 2013 (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Applied this Maxxis HP5 on my wife's Suzuki Swift for 6 weeks/2500KM. At the first week these HP5 surprised me very much, I can even drift the little Swift at 80Km/hr on corners without braking it and no tyre crying noise. However, after 1500 KM, I found loud ZZZ noise up the highway driving at over 80Km/hr. Other than bad noise comfort, I actually feel the grips on wet/dry are quite above average. Recommended only for racing enthusiastic people who do not mind the noise. Me I cannot stand it cause it really trigger my tinnitus.
36 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2016

Latest Maxxis Premitra HP5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Premitra HP5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Premitra HP5.

Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen 2.0 TDI 4Motion 16V (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Hello I’m very careful when choosing my tyres as I’ve experienced poor quality tyres before! I’m in the garage trade! I’m a time served mechanic I currently own a VW golf VII 4 motion 2.0TDI running on tyre size - 2055516 91v now I’ve had maxxis hp5 as a recommendation by a tyre expert in the know! so I’ve been running on the hp 5 shows which a labelled at A for wet grip & C for fuel efficiently I was very suspicious to how they have better grades than the Michelin energy saver that originally came off the car yet maxxis is a lot cheaper, now I I’ve currently done 6231 miles and there not far from legal limit with only 2mm to go before hitting the wear indicator leaving the tyre at 1.6mm that in my opinion is false economy, however I do long journeys 50 miles round trip to work and back daily so maybe tyres getting to much heat or rubber compound to soft but then this does not make sense due to the current low temperature so I’m left confused about the wear! stability is great in a straight line in the dry and wet roads in a straight line however I find it’s not the best at higher speed 50-60 in the wet whilst cornering or manuvering and feels a little of balance compare to Michelin energy saves that came off the car, the wet grip to be fair is good for town driving just don’t expect to drive your car hard or any high speed cornering a little too scary for me I would recommend placing tyre purchases very carefully a higher end mid range a tyre with a brand backed by a premium tyre manufacture the end of the day if I’m to purchase a mid range tyre I’m best looking for the right tyre balance, more focus on wet grip and tyre “wear” unfortunately the tyre labels don’t show wear! Why is this! If tyre wear was graded this would change the way we purchase tyres, a balanced tyres make more sense to me! Overall all the maxis hp5 is not a bad tyre although ive had better tyre grip & tyre wear and would rather spend a little more to improve quality of tyre more miles and wet grip stability please maxxis just not quiet got the balance right, there for I’ve balanced my score on price vs quality and believe it’s a fair balance.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2017
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Always had Continental contact 5 fitted to my Seat Leon, when they had done there time i was offered a set of Maxxis HP5s by by local tyre fitter,so at the price i thought id give them a try, must say so far i am very impressed,great feedback,grip in the wet just as good as they do in the dry and very quiet,,7000 miles so far and they seem to be wearing a lot better than the continentals,, I will be buying another set of HP5s when this wear out
4 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2017
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Celica VVTLi (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Had 215/45/17 fitted. So far so good after a few thousand miles. Wet grip is excellent compared to some premium brands I have had in the past costing twice as much. Wear is acceptable but for how much they cost I believe it evens out in the end when coming to fitting new perhaps a couple of months sooner than before. Comfort is decent and noise acceptable. Dry grip very good. Cornering relatively stable. Yes there are better tyres out there, but for someone on a budget these are excellent.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2017
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (195/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Very pleasantly surprised by these - they are quite cheap yet very well made, & sturdy - yet the ride is not very hard - its about in the middle I would say. Straight line stability is great - none of this pulling to one side or the other on odd surfaces.Wet grip is amazing and yes I even tried them out briefly in snow and in a quiet car park - these are as good as the best of the other Summer tyres I have ever had .
To be honest I don't know how the wear will pan out - but the rest is so good I would accept less then good wear as they are quite cheap to buy - better handling and feedback than the top tyres I have had so far.
Despite not claiming to have a rim guard there is more there than on my old Falkens which had rim guards!
I love these and will buy more.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2017