Michelin Primacy 3

Progressiveness 78%
Michelin Primacy 3

The Michelin Primacy 3 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Primacy HP

Tyre review data from 59 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 782,690 miles driven.

Reports

205/55 R16 £58.04 - £88.80 (31 prices) Compare Prices >>
215/55 R16 £86.99 - £117.70 (44 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £74.40 - £98.85 (33 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/50 R17 £97.96 - £165.00 (65 prices) Compare Prices >>
235/45 R17 £85.82 - £111.00 (17 prices) Compare Prices >>
245/45 R18 £121.17 - £203.01 (19 prices) Compare Prices >>

Michelin Primacy 3 Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Bought the tyres in jan 2014 with 64 100km now jan 2016 88 100km
with 2 mm left.the primacy 3 are on front only for dry and turanza GR90
On rear for wet.the 159 like sporty fiat cars namely ferrari maserati etc have
sensitive steering wheel so you can feel white road
marking etc when driving.i wanted tyres which would absorb more and
transfer less to my steering hands.the primacy 3 XL have very flexible side
walls which absorb more compared to other tyres.which makes driving
less tiring.the turanza GR90 has stiff side wall like driving on rails.so i know the
difference well.only problem with the primacy 3 xl is the price/treadwear
i covered 20 000km and only 2mm left.but i looked around for bridgestone/vredestein
goodyear etc non of the other give the primacy 3 comfort unfortunately i will
try to make the 2mm last till december.lol
tyre reviewed on February 8, 2016
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 D5 (235/50 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Recommended from Volvo and Formula One Tyre garage I gave these tyres a chance last year to take out some of the "lowered suspension" hard ride this SE Sport S80 has had since manufacture.
Yes a new tyre is always better than the last one, but these tyres were a fraction bigger than the prescribed 245 40 18s that were specified and with 35psi I had the ride I was expecting, very quiet and comfortable too.

However, they met rain conditions with relative ease when new, but after 15k and half worn didn't meet the same conditions without aqua planing. Maybe this Dec and Jan have been the wettest on record and therefore any tyre would have suffered?

Yes for summer rainy conditions.
No because even Michelin say these are not winter tyres.
Will go back to an All Season Goodyear or Avon tyre for grip and £30 per corner saving.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V40 D4 R-Design Polestar (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Decent overall grip when pushing hard in all conditions and it let you know early when you were reaching the limit, quiet and comfortable for the most part. Only downside is that they were at 2mm by 8,000 miles. Could be the car /driving style though. Rears are on 4mm at 8,000 miles too.
tyre reviewed on January 2, 2016
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 TDI Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20 spirited miles
I have always used Michelin tyres (if I could afford them) my tyre of choice has always been the Michelin Primacy HP as the wear rate and wet grip on these is always fantastic. I was a bit sceptical when I replaced worn tyres with these Primacy 3's but my goodness I have never seen a better tyre in the wet. The wetter it gets, the more these tyres cling to the road. You can push the car with confidence (especially if your suspension and brakes are in good shape)...dry grip not as good, the wear rate was disappointing in comparison to the HP's, I have had to move these to the back to prolong their life. Fully recommend them still though.
tyre reviewed on December 3, 2015
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 17,000 spirited miles
Fitted to the front at 81385 miles, laser alignment completed at the same time + new front shocks, springs, top mounts & bearings fitted. They have lasted to 98885 miles and still are just over the treadwear indicator. Amazing tyres. Incredible grip in the wet and dry; 100% confidence in them always. Slight slip now with full acceleration in the wet; but they are almost fully worn! Incredible comfort and quietness, and great durability on the front of a car which has 354NM of torque. I have always run top rated premium tyres from all the biggest brands. These are the best tyres I have ever had; second to none. Very highly recommended and great value too.
tyre reviewed on November 30, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet Orlando (215/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Second set in a row I have purchased on the front of my Front wheel drive 7 seater. I again bought the XL tyres as they ride speed ramps a lot smoother and of coarse the added safety of being Reinforced and were a similar price to the non XL version .Very responsive but you would expect from new tyres ,but a very comfortable tyre all round and with a good wet rating. I got around a years driving on the front set which is about 14,000 miles after changing before they were down to the minimum with possibly around 3 times that distance on the rear set . My rear tyres are still running the original Mich Prim HP's it came with , the car is 4 years old and done 42000 odd miles.I purchased online cheaper with an online tyre seller who sends them to a local fitters for fitting. I found there was a good quality to price to safety ratio so bought again.
tyre reviewed on November 13, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2015
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 23,000 average miles
Driven on an Audi A4 Avant Ultra 2.0 diesel. This is a heavy car and despite being labelled as 'green' emissions-wise is still very quick.

This is a company car so I did not pay for the tyres myself and therefore my review won't be bias either positively or negatively as they were not my investment.

The tyres have been great. Superb grip wet or dry, economical when needed (on a long trip back from France I managed to eek out 68mpg!) with good feedback. As it's a new car there is little in the way of road noise anyway but the tyres certainly seemed smooth.

After 23,000 the fronts needed replacing (2.5mm) which considering the weight of the car involved I thought good. The rears remain at 5mm so should get around 50,000 miles out of these.

I specifically asked for another set of the very same tyres at replacement (paid for by the fleet company) as I thought so highly of them. I can't compare costs to other tyres (as I thankfully didn't pay for them) but if money isn't a factor in your decision then I can't recommend them enough.

tyre reviewed on October 14, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
My old diesel Merc is chipped, de-catted, EGR-pypassed and I drive it like I stole it (when opportunity arises). I am not kind to tyres. I have ragged these something terrible and they have stood up very, very well.

I like my tyres over-inflated a bit, 40psi. They have lasted twice as long as the Avon ZV3 tyres I had on before. I've maxed them at 147mph on the autobahn, I've slid around every roundabout whenever I can, I have lit them up and smoked them down the road for no reason whatsoever . . . I've been bad, very very bad.

After 18,000 hard miles the fronts have 5mm left and the rears 2mm so will need replacing very soon.

Surprisingly grippy in the wet and quite progressive on a wet roundabout. Haven't swopped ends with these tyres, which I did with the Avons.

My only criticism is they don't have much feel, but that could also be down to the car's power steering which masks a lot of the feedback.
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2015