Nankang NS2

Show all: Nankang tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nankang NS2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 155 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 1,251,074 miles driven.

Nankang NS2

66%

65%

Tyre Test Results:

Nankang NS2 Reviews

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Msport (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
I bought many Nankangs NS-2 tyres and I very happy with the result.They are cheap but the best budget tyres.I used them in winter-summer time and the results was always very good.
I will buy Nankangs again.
tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 (225-45-17-)
I bought 9 of these for my BMW 330 over the course of 4 years!!
They are easily the best value pound for pound tyre available that I have ever used.
I also found them better on the front than the Pirelli P Zero Nero's that they replaced.
Traction in the dry is good.
In the wet traction out of junctions isn't perfect, but it is acceptable.
The only issue I ever had with them is that they can aquaplane if you hit water at speed.
If you are on a budget these would be my top recommendation!
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Nankang NS2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nankang NS2 or any other tyre.

Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Daihatsu Passo Sette (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
I have using this tyre almost 2 year. The thread wear is good & long lasting. But the drawback of this tyre are:
i) in wet, no grip at all. almost accident when i drive my car in heavy rain at the highway. speed around 90-100kmh but the tyre no grip.
ii) make to loud noise. Im pissed off with the noise the tyre produce. for the 1st 3-5month ok, but thereafter it starting to produce loud noise.

Conclusion, i will never use this tyre again. better go for other brand like achilles/falken.
tyre reviewed on May 26, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 35 easy going miles
Bought these on a set of aftermarket alloy wheels. Original wheels (195 65 15 - 91H) were shod with Michelin Energysaver's. These tyres were XL 94V's so not ideal for the car in the first place but the price was right so thought I would give them a go. Initially, seemed OK but the noise from them is quite unbearable. The wheels and tyres were fitted at 35k and now the car is on 70k and they still have 3mm on fronts and 4mm on rears (I did swap front to back about 15k ago) Can't complain about the wear but wouldn't buy again because of the noise. Maybe XL tyres on this size vehicle could be the problem but not sure...have seen some other reviews for Nankang's and they too mention about the noise. I drive pretty conservatively so may go for Michelins or Goodyear next can't decide.
tyre reviewed on May 11, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Pathfinder (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 50 spirited miles
I am a huge fan of Nankang tires,we have a Mercedes clk500 with AMG package,and the car came with Invo's,biggest waste of money for the person or people who bought or will buy these tires,5000mi the back wall gave out,and the front tires ended up being all warped,ridges on the outside,I was recommended the NSII from a friend for my 2001 Pathfinder,got an alignment program from Tire Kingdom,visited them every 3wks,end result?50,000mi and almost down to the wear bars,they were 22's,and recommend these to everyone and bought these for a much faster vehicle and believe in them.....take what you want,leave the rest,my car is Governed at 165mph......
tyre reviewed on May 10, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 550i. 2006 (275-35-18-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
The tires ride comfortably but not sporty at all. Haven't tried in snow but
It's probably not bad. However my. Biggest gripe is one tire separated from
Sidewalk after only 200 miles. I course we do have a lot of potholes here in
Saint Louis but still. Shouldn't they be more reliable than that? Then again
You get what you paid for and these tires were dirt cheap. Oh well.
tyre reviewed on May 3, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (205-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30 easy going miles
I bought a set of these to go on my DS3 as I was fed up with paying £150 per corner for the OE spec Bridgestones, that wore rapidly. The set have been on for just over 30,000 miles now, the front tyres are almost down to the wear bars, so I've ordered some more.
Excellent value for money tyres, OK, the grip in the wet isn't as good as the Bridgestones, but I don't drive like it's been stolen anyway. They have plenty of grip for the way I tend to drive.
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225-40-18-W)
I had a full set of these on a 2004 BMW 330d Sport. The car had some tuning modifications but nothing extreme. 222hp remap, so not mega power and torque, but enough.
I was initially really impressed with them. They gripped well in the dry and ok in the wet. They seemed quiet enough and for the price I was happy.
After 3000 miles I started to notice slight vibrations through the steering on medium to high speed corners. I thought nothing of it as it was fine in a straight line but the noise and vibration got worse so I had a close look at the tyres.
On inspection there was a line / split in both front tyres right the way across the full width. Both tyres had exactly the same pattern of split in them. It wasn't like I'd run over something or someone had purposely damaged the tyres, it was a clear manufacturing defect.
I check my tyre pressures at least once a month and without fail before a long journey. The pressures were spot on and always have been so this was nothing less than a manufacturing defect.
I changed the front tyres for some Vredestein Ultrac Vorti which were instantly a huge improvement all round, in every aspect of performance and noise (read the reviews), but I kept the rears on the car as they had over 5mm of tread left. The fronts had 5.5mm before they split.
After two weeks the rear tyres dis exactly the same and at a 60mph on a straight road I had a catastrophic rear tyre failure. The whole rear o/s tyre delaminated and left the carcase on the rim. This was very similar to recent F1 type tyre failures. On checking the R/N/S tyre it alos had a split across the width, the same as the fronts did previously.
So I fitted Vortis to the rear too.
I have read numerous reports of the tyres delaminating and manufacturing failures. My advice would be to stay well clear of them.
tyre reviewed on March 29, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota celica st (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Stick like glue in summer took car through some tight bends at high speed no worries ,in the wet you know when they are going to let go go sudden surprises,long as they are warmed up,(otherwise very little grip in wet)once you down to a few mm you can spin the fronts very easily in the wet,if you put your foot down,cant go wrong 4 price i got em for,im not paying the extra £20 per corner,but have heard rumors that rubber compound is not as good as it used to be,when i got em.
tyre reviewed on February 25, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
I wanted to try something cheaper as I'm sick of paying £200 plus per tyre on premium brands so when for the NS2 after reading reviews on here and at £384 fitted you can't go wrong.

First impressions is that it is a good looking tyre with nice directional tread and has stiff sidewalls, it also has rim protection which is handy.

So far the dry grip has been fine with no issues what so ever, now for the wet grip which apparently these tyres will kill you in, It's been raining here in the uk hard for the past few weeks and as soon as I had them fitted I floored the car in 1st and 2nd gear and couldn't get the wheels to spin. Ok this might have something to do with the Quattro system but again I didn't exactly let the tyres bed in either.

A few roundabouts at a reasonable speed (and not at 80 mph) and the car grips well with no fish tailing or dramas, again that might be down to Quattro. I have done a few spirited drives on the motorway at night at well over 100 mph and again no dramas and no deaths either like some would have you believe on here.

I admit the grip in the dry is a tad off the premium brands and the grip in the wet is not as good either, but at £96 each it wasn't going to be, but I'm more than happy with them as all I do is adjust my driving style to the limits of the road and car I'm driving and I'm fine.

You wouldn't go round a swooping bend in the wet at 90mph in a Datsun, but put yourself in an RS5 and it's a different story.

Finally the road noise, yes they are louder than premium brands but that's down to the hard rubber compound so something had to give, grip + wear for longliveity + price and I don't mind the latter I just crank up the bang and olufsen stereo as listening to tyre noise is not one of my hobbies.

All in all if you want a cheap tyre that performers well, and if you know how to drive, then the nankang ns2 tyres are absolutely fine.

I will continue to do write ups on these every couple of thousand miles to see how they fair as they wear out.
tyre reviewed on February 4, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: