Nankang NS2

Show all: Nankang tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nankang NS2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 149 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 1,215,989 miles driven.

Nankang NS2

66%

65%

Tyre Test Results:

Nankang NS2 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (205-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30 easy going miles
I bought a set of these to go on my DS3 as I was fed up with paying £150 per corner for the OE spec Bridgestones, that wore rapidly. The set have been on for just over 30,000 miles now, the front tyres are almost down to the wear bars, so I've ordered some more.
Excellent value for money tyres, OK, the grip in the wet isn't as good as the Bridgestones, but I don't drive like it's been stolen anyway. They have plenty of grip for the way I tend to drive.
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225-40-18-W)
I had a full set of these on a 2004 BMW 330d Sport. The car had some tuning modifications but nothing extreme. 222hp remap, so not mega power and torque, but enough.
I was initially really impressed with them. They gripped well in the dry and ok in the wet. They seemed quiet enough and for the price I was happy.
After 3000 miles I started to notice slight vibrations through the steering on medium to high speed corners. I thought nothing of it as it was fine in a straight line but the noise and vibration got worse so I had a close look at the tyres.
On inspection there was a line / split in both front tyres right the way across the full width. Both tyres had exactly the same pattern of split in them. It wasn't like I'd run over something or someone had purposely damaged the tyres, it was a clear manufacturing defect.
I check my tyre pressures at least once a month and without fail before a long journey. The pressures were spot on and always have been so this was nothing less than a manufacturing defect.
I changed the front tyres for some Vredestein Ultrac Vorti which were instantly a huge improvement all round, in every aspect of performance and noise (read the reviews), but I kept the rears on the car as they had over 5mm of tread left. The fronts had 5.5mm before they split.
After two weeks the rear tyres dis exactly the same and at a 60mph on a straight road I had a catastrophic rear tyre failure. The whole rear o/s tyre delaminated and left the carcase on the rim. This was very similar to recent F1 type tyre failures. On checking the R/N/S tyre it alos had a split across the width, the same as the fronts did previously.
So I fitted Vortis to the rear too.
I have read numerous reports of the tyres delaminating and manufacturing failures. My advice would be to stay well clear of them.
tyre reviewed on March 29, 2014
Looking to buy the Nankang NS2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nankang NS2 or any other tyre.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota celica st (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Stick like glue in summer took car through some tight bends at high speed no worries ,in the wet you know when they are going to let go go sudden surprises,long as they are warmed up,(otherwise very little grip in wet)once you down to a few mm you can spin the fronts very easily in the wet,if you put your foot down,cant go wrong 4 price i got em for,im not paying the extra £20 per corner,but have heard rumors that rubber compound is not as good as it used to be,when i got em.
tyre reviewed on February 25, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
I wanted to try something cheaper as I'm sick of paying £200 plus per tyre on premium brands so when for the NS2 after reading reviews on here and at £384 fitted you can't go wrong.

First impressions is that it is a good looking tyre with nice directional tread and has stiff sidewalls, it also has rim protection which is handy.

So far the dry grip has been fine with no issues what so ever, now for the wet grip which apparently these tyres will kill you in, It's been raining here in the uk hard for the past few weeks and as soon as I had them fitted I floored the car in 1st and 2nd gear and couldn't get the wheels to spin. Ok this might have something to do with the Quattro system but again I didn't exactly let the tyres bed in either.

A few roundabouts at a reasonable speed (and not at 80 mph) and the car grips well with no fish tailing or dramas, again that might be down to Quattro. I have done a few spirited drives on the motorway at night at well over 100 mph and again no dramas and no deaths either like some would have you believe on here.

I admit the grip in the dry is a tad off the premium brands and the grip in the wet is not as good either, but at £96 each it wasn't going to be, but I'm more than happy with them as all I do is adjust my driving style to the limits of the road and car I'm driving and I'm fine.

You wouldn't go round a swooping bend in the wet at 90mph in a Datsun, but put yourself in an RS5 and it's a different story.

Finally the road noise, yes they are louder than premium brands but that's down to the hard rubber compound so something had to give, grip + wear for longliveity + price and I don't mind the latter I just crank up the bang and olufsen stereo as listening to tyre noise is not one of my hobbies.

All in all if you want a cheap tyre that performers well, and if you know how to drive, then the nankang ns2 tyres are absolutely fine.

I will continue to do write ups on these every couple of thousand miles to see how they fair as they wear out.
tyre reviewed on February 4, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type S (225-45-17-)
Fell on tougher times dater purchasing my car and had to stick to a budget, these very affordable tyres fit the bill but are a bit of a mixed bag. Decent enough in the dry for a hard tyre, quite a lot of road noise (notice this more now I have higher quality rubber on again) and they last forever. However when it's wet or the tyre is approaching the end of its life you can forget about grip in anything but a straight line.
I have low profile and 18" wheels and enjoy a spirited drive so these would never have been my first choice but if you are after some larger walled boots and are more sedentary in your driving these would be a decent choice of tyre.
tyre reviewed on January 9, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Audi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
lol at the reviews your never going to get a track day tyre at this price cant really say ive had issues with driving in the rain and i do 500+ miles a month in my Audi A3 TDI best value Vs performance you find on the web !!
tyre reviewed on January 6, 2014
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I acquired a set of these when i purchased my car, i would sat that they are just about borderline ok in a straight line in the summer. A touch of rain and these will quite happily send you sideways, back kicks out with a TINY dab of throttle around a corner. You are always on the limit. I changed these for Avon zv5 on the front, and then full set continental contisport5 on my other alloys, both of which made a world of difference and give much more confidence! Would not recommend these nagkangs to anyone
tyre reviewed on December 30, 2013
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI (225-45-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Cheaply priced tire. If you are looking to buy a tire for general "Summer" use then this is a decent tire. Although, once the ground gets wet.. look out. cornering in wet conditions are dangerous even an slow speeds, and as for abrupt stopping in wet conditions.. good luck. Overall good tire for dry and warm weather conditions.

tyre reviewed on December 14, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Cilo 1.2 Extreme (190-50-15-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were on a set of Alloys I purchased, I was a little worried as I've never heard of them but they are much better than the ones which I replaced (Avons with 3-4mm tread on the front and Dunlops 4-5mm on the back), they are slightly wider than the ones they replaced so this may be part of the reason. Car certainly feels better into corners, can't go wrong if you are on a tight budget.
tyre reviewed on December 7, 2013
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru subaru l series station wagon 4wd (215-40-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Dangerous in the wet
tyre reviewed on November 29, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: