Nankang NS2

Show all: Nankang tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nankang NS2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 164 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 1,312,314 miles driven.

Nankang NS2

65%

65%

Tyre Test Results:

Nankang NS2 Reviews

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (205-50-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Considering I paid £190 for a full set I was expecting poor shabby quality but in all honesty I cannot say that I found for the price I paid for the tyres they are very good the handle nicely for a budget tyre and there not as loud as some mainstream tyres at 71db very pleased and would consider them again
tyre reviewed on December 31, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
I have now done 18k on these tyres and I have mixed opinions on them, yes they are very cheap and have a good sidewall and treadpattern and are now 5.6mm on the fronts and 6.8mm on the rears.

However they are becoming very noisy to the point that the noise seems to overshadow anything you do from putting the stereo up to not concentrating on the noise. I can hear a humming sound at 70mph and above and it sounds like my wheel bearings are gone, but I know its the tyres and on my last service the Audi specialist pointed out how loud they were and checked my wheel bearings on the teast drive just in case and they were fine.

Grip in the dry is fine and also in the wet with no issues, but I have come to the conclusion that cheap tyres do have a tradeoff and on this occasion its the noise as the wear rate is brilliant, and ill at least get 40k out of them no doubt which is legendry, but then again they are a hard compound tyre hence the noise.

Sorry nankang but ill go premium next time.
tyre reviewed on December 6, 2014
Looking to buy the Nankang NS2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nankang NS2 or any other tyre.

Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 18,000 average miles
I bought brand new tires Nankang NS2, the first year were fantastic, soft and stability of the car is very good, but after a year they became very loud and hard as a rock, never again would not buy this tire.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra Estate (215-40-18-W)
Average budget tyres. I had recommendations for these tyres. They were decent to drive for the first 5000km's and after that the noiselevel started to go up and inner surfaces start to wear unevenly. First I thought the wheel alignments was to blame, but they were perfectly ok.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225-40-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
For the short time I've had the tyres on they've been great, handling in the wet has been perfect, no complaints or worries, I have the semi slick version hence my confidence in buying these. Will buy again
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245-35-20-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
These are cheap tyres and do a good job, and seem to work well in all conditions...
The reason I brought them was that I wanted the RIM PROTECTION for my 20" alloys..., and I have to say they are total rubbish from this perspective.. The protection is non-existent.. I have seen normal tyres with more to stop the ally from damage..
I contacted Nankang in the UK and they just said that was how it was.., and didn't really want to know..
Don't buy these if you want any protection, but if you are after a good cheap tyre that works in all conditions and looks good..., look no further..
tyre reviewed on September 16, 2014
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d (255-40-17-V)
These tyres improved my MPG as they are soo rubbish and dangerous in the WET!!!. Even just taking off and getting to 20,30 MPH the back would be trying to flip out and I'm no heavy footed driver. Very loud on the motorway. Last straw was being on the M40 to london in the heavy rain, could not go over 50 MPH without the ABS kicking in. I would never buy these tyres again!!!!
tyre reviewed on August 30, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (205-40-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 40 spirited miles
I had a set of these on my Megane II, got a whopping 40,000 miles from them, so impressed with them, I have fitted them on my reverse trike, that accelerates from 0-60 in 3.5 secs, and corners with 1.4 lateral G, these tires are brilliant, maybe not as great in the wet, but really not too bad at all, I certainly felt safe in a corner wet or dry. Generally, slow down for corners whatever tires you are using, its just common sense.......
tyre reviewed on August 22, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
This is my second review after 10,000 miles of driving albeit mainly motorway, and the tyres are now down to 6mm front and 7mm at the rears which is excellent wear IMHO. At this rate should last at least 30,000 miles and more, they are very hard wearing.

Dry grip is absolutely fine and wet grip is absolutely fine too and I have had no issues at all with grip, unlike some reviews on here which I just don't understand. Either those drivers cant drive or they are throwing the car into bends at impossible speeds expecting the car to grip. But im sorry even if you had Michellin Pilot Sport 10 on your car you would lose it.

My only gripe and it is a major gripe is the tyres are noisy, I can hear a deep humming sound at 70 mph and above, although below 70 mph and in and around town the tyres sound fine. As I do a lot of motorway driving this is becoming more of an issue, as premium tyres are so quiet and silky smooth.

At £396 fitted I cant complain as they are economical, grip fine, drive fine just noisy, but if you can get over badge snobbery then they are excellent tyres and a brilliant effort from Nankang.
tyre reviewed on August 14, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Msport (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
I bought many Nankangs NS-2 tyres and I very happy with the result.They are cheap but the best budget tyres.I used them in winter-summer time and the results was always very good.
I will buy Nankangs again.
tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: