Nankang NS2

Show all: Nankang tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nankang NS2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 157 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 1,261,114 miles driven.

Nankang NS2

66%

65%

Tyre Test Results:

Nankang NS2 Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (205-40-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 40 spirited miles
I had a set of these on my Megane II, got a whopping 40,000 miles from them, so impressed with them, I have fitted them on my reverse trike, that accelerates from 0-60 in 3.5 secs, and corners with 1.4 lateral G, these tires are brilliant, maybe not as great in the wet, but really not too bad at all, I certainly felt safe in a corner wet or dry. Generally, slow down for corners whatever tires you are using, its just common sense.......
tyre reviewed on August 22, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
This is my second review after 10,000 miles of driving albeit mainly motorway, and the tyres are now down to 6mm front and 7mm at the rears which is excellent wear IMHO. At this rate should last at least 30,000 miles and more, they are very hard wearing.

Dry grip is absolutely fine and wet grip is absolutely fine too and I have had no issues at all with grip, unlike some reviews on here which I just don't understand. Either those drivers cant drive or they are throwing the car into bends at impossible speeds expecting the car to grip. But im sorry even if you had Michellin Pilot Sport 10 on your car you would lose it.

My only gripe and it is a major gripe is the tyres are noisy, I can hear a deep humming sound at 70 mph and above, although below 70 mph and in and around town the tyres sound fine. As I do a lot of motorway driving this is becoming more of an issue, as premium tyres are so quiet and silky smooth.

At £396 fitted I cant complain as they are economical, grip fine, drive fine just noisy, but if you can get over badge snobbery then they are excellent tyres and a brilliant effort from Nankang.
tyre reviewed on August 14, 2014
Looking to buy the Nankang NS2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nankang NS2 or any other tyre.

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Msport (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
I bought many Nankangs NS-2 tyres and I very happy with the result.They are cheap but the best budget tyres.I used them in winter-summer time and the results was always very good.
I will buy Nankangs again.
tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 (225-45-17-)
I bought 9 of these for my BMW 330 over the course of 4 years!!
They are easily the best value pound for pound tyre available that I have ever used.
I also found them better on the front than the Pirelli P Zero Nero's that they replaced.
Traction in the dry is good.
In the wet traction out of junctions isn't perfect, but it is acceptable.
The only issue I ever had with them is that they can aquaplane if you hit water at speed.
If you are on a budget these would be my top recommendation!
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Daihatsu Passo Sette (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
I have using this tyre almost 2 year. The thread wear is good & long lasting. But the drawback of this tyre are:
i) in wet, no grip at all. almost accident when i drive my car in heavy rain at the highway. speed around 90-100kmh but the tyre no grip.
ii) make to loud noise. Im pissed off with the noise the tyre produce. for the 1st 3-5month ok, but thereafter it starting to produce loud noise.

Conclusion, i will never use this tyre again. better go for other brand like achilles/falken.
tyre reviewed on May 26, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 35 easy going miles
Bought these on a set of aftermarket alloy wheels. Original wheels (195 65 15 - 91H) were shod with Michelin Energysaver's. These tyres were XL 94V's so not ideal for the car in the first place but the price was right so thought I would give them a go. Initially, seemed OK but the noise from them is quite unbearable. The wheels and tyres were fitted at 35k and now the car is on 70k and they still have 3mm on fronts and 4mm on rears (I did swap front to back about 15k ago) Can't complain about the wear but wouldn't buy again because of the noise. Maybe XL tyres on this size vehicle could be the problem but not sure...have seen some other reviews for Nankang's and they too mention about the noise. I drive pretty conservatively so may go for Michelins or Goodyear next can't decide.
tyre reviewed on May 11, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Pathfinder (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 50 spirited miles
I am a huge fan of Nankang tires,we have a Mercedes clk500 with AMG package,and the car came with Invo's,biggest waste of money for the person or people who bought or will buy these tires,5000mi the back wall gave out,and the front tires ended up being all warped,ridges on the outside,I was recommended the NSII from a friend for my 2001 Pathfinder,got an alignment program from Tire Kingdom,visited them every 3wks,end result?50,000mi and almost down to the wear bars,they were 22's,and recommend these to everyone and bought these for a much faster vehicle and believe in them.....take what you want,leave the rest,my car is Governed at 165mph......
tyre reviewed on May 10, 2014
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 550i. 2006 (275-35-18-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
The tires ride comfortably but not sporty at all. Haven't tried in snow but
It's probably not bad. However my. Biggest gripe is one tire separated from
Sidewalk after only 200 miles. I course we do have a lot of potholes here in
Saint Louis but still. Shouldn't they be more reliable than that? Then again
You get what you paid for and these tires were dirt cheap. Oh well.
tyre reviewed on May 3, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (205-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30 easy going miles
I bought a set of these to go on my DS3 as I was fed up with paying £150 per corner for the OE spec Bridgestones, that wore rapidly. The set have been on for just over 30,000 miles now, the front tyres are almost down to the wear bars, so I've ordered some more.
Excellent value for money tyres, OK, the grip in the wet isn't as good as the Bridgestones, but I don't drive like it's been stolen anyway. They have plenty of grip for the way I tend to drive.
tyre reviewed on April 8, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225-40-18-W)
I had a full set of these on a 2004 BMW 330d Sport. The car had some tuning modifications but nothing extreme. 222hp remap, so not mega power and torque, but enough.
I was initially really impressed with them. They gripped well in the dry and ok in the wet. They seemed quiet enough and for the price I was happy.
After 3000 miles I started to notice slight vibrations through the steering on medium to high speed corners. I thought nothing of it as it was fine in a straight line but the noise and vibration got worse so I had a close look at the tyres.
On inspection there was a line / split in both front tyres right the way across the full width. Both tyres had exactly the same pattern of split in them. It wasn't like I'd run over something or someone had purposely damaged the tyres, it was a clear manufacturing defect.
I check my tyre pressures at least once a month and without fail before a long journey. The pressures were spot on and always have been so this was nothing less than a manufacturing defect.
I changed the front tyres for some Vredestein Ultrac Vorti which were instantly a huge improvement all round, in every aspect of performance and noise (read the reviews), but I kept the rears on the car as they had over 5mm of tread left. The fronts had 5.5mm before they split.
After two weeks the rear tyres dis exactly the same and at a 60mph on a straight road I had a catastrophic rear tyre failure. The whole rear o/s tyre delaminated and left the carcase on the rim. This was very similar to recent F1 type tyre failures. On checking the R/N/S tyre it alos had a split across the width, the same as the fronts did previously.
So I fitted Vortis to the rear too.
I have read numerous reports of the tyres delaminating and manufacturing failures. My advice would be to stay well clear of them.
tyre reviewed on March 29, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: