Nankang NS2

Show all: Nankang tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nankang NS2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 168 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 1,392,939 miles driven.

Nankang NS2

Tyre Test Results:

Nankang NS2 Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330CI M Sport (225-35-18-R)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2015
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 32,000 average miles
This is my last review with these tyres and I have reviewed them at various mileages on my A5 3.0 tdi Quattro sport.

After 32000 miles the fronts are down to 2.5 - 3mm but the inners of the tyres are worn to almost slick but 75% of the tread across the tyre is fine. The rears are worn down to 4-5mm so still have life in them, I should have rotated them at 10k intervals and I would easily have hit 40000 miles wear on these tyres.

At the time I bought these tyres money was a bit tight and I took a punt and to be fair these nankangs have been fine. The dry grip is acceptable and the wet grip is acceptable too, but this is down to the Quattro system on the car. Now that the fronts are almost shot in the wet the front end has very limited grip and slides easily when pushed gently on small roundabouts, so no high speed bends for me now. Even in the dry the front end is now skitterish at low speeds into bends and I know the tyre is almost at the end of its life but in the dry a premium tyre would not do this. I feel this is down to the very hard compound the tyres have and it seems to be getting harder as they wear.

The tyre noise from day 1 was loud and they have been getting progressively louder as the tyres have worn, it's a deep humming sound which simply is not acceptable. I feel this tyres would be great for lots of town driving at low speed and the noise is acceptable, but step into a motorway and it's a different ball game. My mum even commented on the tyre noise on a recent trip to Southampton and that says it all.

I won't be buying budget tyres again and will go for mid range to premium like Avon, hankook, vredestein etc.

tyre reviewed on August 9, 2015
Looking to buy the Nankang NS2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nankang NS2 or any other tyre.
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 sporting (225-45-17-)
These tyres are OK on dry.
But how can one say these tyres perform well on wet?! They are a DEATH TRAP on wet. Don't buy this, unless you want to die when the rain comes.
tyre reviewed on May 26, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (220-40-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (205-50-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Considering I paid £190 for a full set I was expecting poor shabby quality but in all honesty I cannot say that I found for the price I paid for the tyres they are very good the handle nicely for a budget tyre and there not as loud as some mainstream tyres at 71db very pleased and would consider them again
tyre reviewed on December 31, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255-35-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
I have now done 18k on these tyres and I have mixed opinions on them, yes they are very cheap and have a good sidewall and treadpattern and are now 5.6mm on the fronts and 6.8mm on the rears.

However they are becoming very noisy to the point that the noise seems to overshadow anything you do from putting the stereo up to not concentrating on the noise. I can hear a humming sound at 70mph and above and it sounds like my wheel bearings are gone, but I know its the tyres and on my last service the Audi specialist pointed out how loud they were and checked my wheel bearings on the teast drive just in case and they were fine.

Grip in the dry is fine and also in the wet with no issues, but I have come to the conclusion that cheap tyres do have a tradeoff and on this occasion its the noise as the wear rate is brilliant, and ill at least get 40k out of them no doubt which is legendry, but then again they are a hard compound tyre hence the noise.

Sorry nankang but ill go premium next time.
tyre reviewed on December 6, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 18,000 average miles
I bought brand new tires Nankang NS2, the first year were fantastic, soft and stability of the car is very good, but after a year they became very loud and hard as a rock, never again would not buy this tire.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra Estate (215-40-18-W)
Average budget tyres. I had recommendations for these tyres. They were decent to drive for the first 5000km's and after that the noiselevel started to go up and inner surfaces start to wear unevenly. First I thought the wheel alignments was to blame, but they were perfectly ok.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225-40-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
For the short time I've had the tyres on they've been great, handling in the wet has been perfect, no complaints or worries, I have the semi slick version hence my confidence in buying these. Will buy again
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245-35-20-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
These are cheap tyres and do a good job, and seem to work well in all conditions...
The reason I brought them was that I wanted the RIM PROTECTION for my 20" alloys..., and I have to say they are total rubbish from this perspective.. The protection is non-existent.. I have seen normal tyres with more to stop the ally from damage..
I contacted Nankang in the UK and they just said that was how it was.., and didn't really want to know..
Don't buy these if you want any protection, but if you are after a good cheap tyre that works in all conditions and looks good..., look no further..
tyre reviewed on September 16, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: