Nankang NS2

Progressiveness 62%
Nankang NS2

The Nankang NS2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 169 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 1,392,939 miles driven.

205/45 R16 £41.30 - £47.45 (5 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £45.00 - £62.09 (10 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £41.10 - £42.90 (4 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R18 £58.78 - £72.65 (6 prices) Compare Prices >>
255/35 R19 £75.67 - £92.45 (6 prices) Compare Prices >>

Nankang NS2 Reviews

Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Stilo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles

I have these tires for 4 years on my car Fiat Stilo 1.6 16v , 35000km . After all this time I can say that are loud on dry road . They are dangerous in the rain , in addition were split after two years of use. I do not recommend these tires !
tyre reviewed on February 12, 2016
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330CI M Sport (225/35 R18 R) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
AROUND TOWN TO WORK AND BACK FINE HIT A MOTORWAY AND SOUNDS LIKE WHEEL BEARINGS AND DIFF ARE ABOUT TO PACK IN.3 YEARS OLD AND 15th MILES LATER RUBBER VERY HARD.TODAY BUYING AVONS BANG GO'S MY BEER TOKENS!!!
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2015
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 32,000 average miles
This is my last review with these tyres and I have reviewed them at various mileages on my A5 3.0 tdi Quattro sport.

After 32000 miles the fronts are down to 2.5 - 3mm but the inners of the tyres are worn to almost slick but 75% of the tread across the tyre is fine. The rears are worn down to 4-5mm so still have life in them, I should have rotated them at 10k intervals and I would easily have hit 40000 miles wear on these tyres.

At the time I bought these tyres money was a bit tight and I took a punt and to be fair these nankangs have been fine. The dry grip is acceptable and the wet grip is acceptable too, but this is down to the Quattro system on the car. Now that the fronts are almost shot in the wet the front end has very limited grip and slides easily when pushed gently on small roundabouts, so no high speed bends for me now. Even in the dry the front end is now skitterish at low speeds into bends and I know the tyre is almost at the end of its life but in the dry a premium tyre would not do this. I feel this is down to the very hard compound the tyres have and it seems to be getting harder as they wear.

The tyre noise from day 1 was loud and they have been getting progressively louder as the tyres have worn, it's a deep humming sound which simply is not acceptable. I feel this tyres would be great for lots of town driving at low speed and the noise is acceptable, but step into a motorway and it's a different ball game. My mum even commented on the tyre noise on a recent trip to Southampton and that says it all.

I won't be buying budget tyres again and will go for mid range to premium like Avon, hankook, vredestein etc.

tyre reviewed on August 9, 2015
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 sporting (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 38,525 average miles
These tyres are OK on dry.
But how can one say these tyres perform well on wet?! They are a DEATH TRAP on wet. Don't buy this, unless you want to die when the rain comes.
tyre reviewed on May 26, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (220/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (205/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Considering I paid £190 for a full set I was expecting poor shabby quality but in all honesty I cannot say that I found for the price I paid for the tyres they are very good the handle nicely for a budget tyre and there not as loud as some mainstream tyres at 71db very pleased and would consider them again
tyre reviewed on December 31, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
I have now done 18k on these tyres and I have mixed opinions on them, yes they are very cheap and have a good sidewall and treadpattern and are now 5.6mm on the fronts and 6.8mm on the rears.

However they are becoming very noisy to the point that the noise seems to overshadow anything you do from putting the stereo up to not concentrating on the noise. I can hear a humming sound at 70mph and above and it sounds like my wheel bearings are gone, but I know its the tyres and on my last service the Audi specialist pointed out how loud they were and checked my wheel bearings on the teast drive just in case and they were fine.

Grip in the dry is fine and also in the wet with no issues, but I have come to the conclusion that cheap tyres do have a tradeoff and on this occasion its the noise as the wear rate is brilliant, and ill at least get 40k out of them no doubt which is legendry, but then again they are a hard compound tyre hence the noise.

Sorry nankang but ill go premium next time.
tyre reviewed on December 6, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 18,000 average miles
I bought brand new tires Nankang NS2, the first year were fantastic, soft and stability of the car is very good, but after a year they became very loud and hard as a rock, never again would not buy this tire.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra Estate (215/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Average budget tyres. I had recommendations for these tyres. They were decent to drive for the first 5000km's and after that the noiselevel started to go up and inner surfaces start to wear unevenly. First I thought the wheel alignments was to blame, but they were perfectly ok.
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
For the short time I've had the tyres on they've been great, handling in the wet has been perfect, no complaints or worries, I have the semi slick version hence my confidence in buying these. Will buy again
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014