Nexen WinGuard Sport 2

The Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nexen Winguard Sport

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 93% over 11,750 miles driven.

2018 Autobild UHP Winter Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Balanced handling in the snow with short snow braking, low noise.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning, long wet braking, high rolling resistance.

2017 50 Winter Tyre Shoot Out - 9th of 45 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 10th of 21 tyres

• Positive - A good value winter tyre with balanced handling in the snow and on dry roads. Short wet braking distances.
  • Negative - Limited aquaplaning resistance, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Good.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Review

Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 250 average miles
I bought these tyres a week ago relying on Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test. Was looking for low cost tyre and decided to go with these. My summer tyres are Pirelli Cinturato P7 (not new version). After changing tyres my first impressions are definitely silence and comfort. Huge relief after Pirelli tyres. I drove 350 km on wet road last night (120-180 km/h ) and didnt have a problem at all. My only concern is understeering. Im not an expert but surely felt understeering a lot more on these tyres.
151 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2017

Latest Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WinGuard Sport 2.

Given 100% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I have just purchased a new Ford Kuga and I'm going on my annual ski holiday in a few weeks time, this is the second set of Winguard Sport I have purchased and for the life of me I don't know why people would want to spend silly money when all they need to do is a little internet revision on these tyres, Last year in the Alps driving through 8" of snow and up hills and they felt brilliant and not for one moment did I thin I was going to get stuck, I don't drive aggressively but these tyres deliver everything that I require, managed to get all four tyres and fitting for under £500, I would buy these again every time and driving in the Alps these tyres give me a sense of confidence.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2018
Given 94% while driving a BMW 330D Touring (255/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Considering the size of the tyres and the price of the competitors this is a very good tyre. Would recommend.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2018
Given 93% while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Bought these 225/45R17 on my BMW 328ci e46. Its european winter tyre, so don't expect much on snow and ice, expecially if you have rear wheel drive, but perfect for city and roadway. Comfortable, not noisy, good handling, low price.Drove ~5000km and i don't see any wear (;
19 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2018
Given 81% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17 H) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
I put these tyres on my BMW E90 320d, 2 months ago, used them for 1500 Km's and I'm very pleased with my choice. For what I paid, they are very VFM tyres, at least 30% less price than other brand name tyres. Although I haven't tried them on snow, the handling is quite nice both on wet and dry roads. In fact, this brand makes me thinking seriously to try it's summer tyres too next time. Finally, the performance of this tyre on the 2017 ADAC winter tyres test, was the reason I bought them and I'm quite happy for this choice of mine, so far.
20 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2018