Nexen WinGuard Sport 2

Nexen WinGuard Sport 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 68% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
Tires are a bit noisy and the handling got a bit vague. Good anti aquaplaning (160kmh+ in heavy rain) and an overall safe feeling
6 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Honda Accord Tourer Type S (225/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Absolutely happy with tyres. Used as All Season Tyres. Completed 5000miles/8000km
Tyres been used average driving conditions, average weather all year. (From -12 to +31 Celsius, UK conditions)
Front tyres left ~7mm, rear tyres left ~8mm
Few times crossed paddle with no issue
Great tyres for affordable price
15 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Toyota Auris (215/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
These are great tyres, I use them on a Auris Hybrid for about 20k miles and mostly motorways driving plus some country lanes and some A &B roads, they are absolutely brilliant in wet, very good in dry and snow and ice just grippy as on dry surface. Most important factor before my purchase was the noise level , and they exceeded my expectation, these tyres are quieter than many summer tyres, which is something unusual. Comfortable, safe, and reasonably priced i can highly recommend them. Fuel efficiency is also not much affected, they are typical euro winter tyres. 👍
5 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Mazda 3 Sport 2.2 Diesel 185 BHP (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Cant say much. Basically i was looking for not too expensive tyre and that was it. On dry it is great. Wet grip is not that good but on snow and ice it is handling extremely well. I drove 2000 km by now. Wearing is not something i can comment on but i am surprised the tyres are still okay given the fact i was driving on something most people would correct me if i say it is a road :D. I would probably buy this again. Not too many tyres are better than this and for the price it is a bargain.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2019
Given 75% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (235/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
To be fair it was ultimately price that took me to these tyres but they did have some decent reviews. They were fitted the day the snow arrived and the performance over the original fit Michelin primacy 3's was chalk and cheese but to be fair even the worst winter tyres generally work in proper snow. Where these nexen's really do surprise is colder temps and the greasy roads that the british weather excels in. Temps in the UK seem to bounce from around zero one day to ten degrees above the next day so obviously winter tyres tend to complain in higher temps, but again the nexen's manage to do this without the embarrassing howl of understeer that poor winters serve up. Wet braking is similarly good as well. I've used around seven types of winter tyre over the years,generally branded,and where these aren't as good as Michelin Alpin 4's/5's,there not a mile off. Factor in the price difference and once I see how they wear compared to the Alpin's(they were great) I would probably buy these again.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I have just purchased a new Ford Kuga and I'm going on my annual ski holiday in a few weeks time, this is the second set of Winguard Sport I have purchased and for the life of me I don't know why people would want to spend silly money when all they need to do is a little internet revision on these tyres, Last year in the Alps driving through 8" of snow and up hills and they felt brilliant and not for one moment did I thin I was going to get stuck, I don't drive aggressively but these tyres deliver everything that I require, managed to get all four tyres and fitting for under £500, I would buy these again every time and driving in the Alps these tyres give me a sense of confidence.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2018
Given 94% while driving a BMW 330D Touring (255/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Considering the size of the tyres and the price of the competitors this is a very good tyre. Would recommend.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2018
Given 93% while driving a BMW 328i Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
Bought these 225/45R17 on my BMW 328ci e46. Its european winter tyre, so don't expect much on snow and ice, expecially if you have rear wheel drive, but perfect for city and roadway. Comfortable, not noisy, good handling, low price.Drove ~5000km and i don't see any wear (;
22 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2018