Nokian zLine

Progressiveness 91%
Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Tyre review data from 49 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 307,200 miles driven.

225/45 R17 £64.00 - £74.00 (8 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £68.20 - £72.62 (6 prices) Compare Prices >>
235/35 R19 £102.00 - £126.40 (6 prices) Compare Prices >>

Nokian zLine Reviews

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225-45-17-)
An excellent tyre all round, I have subjected this tyre to all different surfaces and different weather conditions. the tyre has never let me down or behaved un-safely.Been trying to convince my buddies to try them out and see for themselves. But no takers so far, they hear the name and immediately switch off. They do not know what they are missing or how much they could be saving £££'s. Go on give them a goooo! you will not be disappointed .
tyre reviewed on February 6, 2016
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 35,000 average miles
I've bought these tyres when I had on the clock 17500 and now I have 55000 and still 4 mm ! That's brilliant ! I will definetley buy again ...
What I didn't liked is that the tyres are a little bit soft on the sides so when you turn your weels you feel like you lost your pressure I the tyres
Apart of these are the best tyres I ever had !
Thanks Nokian
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2016
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
The good!
I loved these tires at first, they changed the whole car around. I never dropped any speed for any corner, they provided the best grip I ever had in a car, you just stop worrying about losing it. You don't actually notice when it rains, the grip is exactly the same as dry. I didn't believe it is even possible, but they really are perfect in the wet. One issue though is when I'm starting hard in 1st gear, or even 2nd both dry and wet the rear end looses grip, might be due to little weight in the back drive wheels, but it's still there. Happens sometimes in 3rd gear as well, but only when it is wet. Might just be the car really but I thought it is worth mentioning. Very, very safe tires for a daily driver.

THE BAD!

The tire wear, it's just... horrendous. I knew they wouldn't last 100000km, but still. I try to never spin my tires(only happens in the wet, very, very rarely), no burnouts no abuse just normal spirited driving. After mounting them 5 months ago brand new they had 8mm of thread, I drove for some 10000km(6000 miles) since then and they are down to 5mm. The rears were wearing out even faster, I had to rotate them after 5000km already because the rears were down to 6mm in that time.

If nothing changes I will have another 15000km until the thread gets to 2mm and they will become illegal and unsafe where I live. This is just unacceptable, 25000km-30000km(around 15000miles) if I'm lucky from brand new tires.

Conclusion

Honestly decide for yourself, they handle perfectly at any speed (max I did was 250km/h) and any conditions. However the wear is simply unacceptable, and this is from a small car with not a lot of power.
tyre reviewed on December 3, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
Firstly, many thanks to this website and previous reviewers comments for helping me choose these tyres. My choice was also influenced by a very favourable experience with Nokian WR A3 winter tyres, which will shortly be going back on my car as the winter weather arrives.

The original tyres on my 2014 S Max 2.0 tdci 140bhp were Michelin Primacy 3's in 225/50 17" 98 load.

The Michelins were a good all round tyre but were € 136 each to replace. The Nokian Z Lines were €87. Quite a difference if you need four.

First impressioms are that the tyres look great with deep sipes and look more squat on the rim. Initially the tyres were noisier than I expected, but they need a couple of hundred kilometres to bed in. Also tyre pressures are critical as if you have the tyres slightly over aired, you do notice the ride is firmer. That aside, these tyres offer sharp turn in and good directional ability.

Driving in a variety of autumnal conditions in wet conditions these tyres are very reluctant to break away. Grip is excellent and certainly a match for the Michelins when they were new. Also the Nokians demonstrate great resistance to aquaplaning. This was the main reason I changed the Primacys early as the S Max would lose contact with the road in motorway situations with heavy rain.

In dry conditions the Nokians have made the S Max feel more agile and inspire great confidence. On the motorway they are very quiet and the car tracks like an arrow.

In conclusion this is a fine tyre which you will not regret buying.

tyre reviewed on November 8, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche 996 911 Carrera 2 (225-45-17-)
Best tyres i have ever bought. This is the second set of tyres on my Porsche from Nokian and i can fault them at all. Grip and wear even at highe speeds and cornering - excellent!!
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520i (235-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Euro (225-45-17-W)
Good tire, superb grip in wet, on dry road not so much. after 12 000km I have 5mm tread left, sometimes I drove spirited, but mostly a little bit on agressive side.
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
review of nokian zLine first I searched the internet for tyrereview I found all what I was looking for, with Nokian I'm satisfied, I hold the car on the road very well, and the rain was very happy
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyres, very good in the wet and dry. They're wearing well, with 6mm tread all round at 12000 miles. Highly recommended, suit the Impreza very well. As good if not better than Michelin ps3.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (225-45-17-)
Great Tires! Balanced, my steering wheel is not shaking any more. Dimension 225/40/R18
tyre reviewed on August 19, 2015