Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Tyre review data from 64 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 478,360 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and lateral stability in the wet, good handling feel and feedback in both the wet and dry
  • Negative - Highest rolling resistance

2015 Top 5 Summer Performance Tyres - 5th of 5 tyres

2015 Sport Auto 235/35 R19 UHP Tyre Test - 5th of 7 tyres

• Positive - A balanced performance on dry and wet surfaces
  • Negative - Relatively weak resistance to aquaplaning, slow response to steering, rolling resistance
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian zLine
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian zLine. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian zLine Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
526 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016

Latest Nokian zLine Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian zLine tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the zLine.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ES350 (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 spirited miles
Just ordered my second set of Z-Lines (I use the WR G3 in the winter). Very good handling, stopping on dry ground. The best tire I've ever used in the wet. A bit softer side walls than other UHP tires but not a big deal. Very safe tires. Always in control . No surprises. Very quiet and smooth ride. Only one down side. They wear fast. They were done at 18,000 miles. So what! Easily worth the price to pay!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2017
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDi quattro sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought set of 4 at 2015. The tyres are good, but nothing special. For 2 years the boards have small cracks, and don`t stop as well as at the beginning. I am not unhappy with them, but will not purchase the same tyres again. For approximately 15 000 kms I have 6-6.5 mm on the wheels, which is good.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2017
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S60 T5 250bhp (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Bought my Tyres august 2014.
Driven 2 1/2 seasons with them, or about 45 000km. Got 2.5mm left on all tyres.

Best with these tyres are following, Wet grip! WOW! Is the road even wet? Corners like the road is dry.
Responsivity, The tyre respons instantly to your steering!

Have even noticed that the new nano technology does not let the tyre to Scream when cornering hard or braking hard on hot Asphalt. :P

These are quiet when you have 5mm+ thread left, below that they become noisy.
I have pushed these tyres HARD with my Volvo S60 300bhp, the grip is so good that i cant get them to spin!

I am now looking after new tyres, but i cant see any other tyres compete with these in that price range! Going to order a new Set of these now! =)
0 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 04 WRX (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I'm a big fan of Nokians winter tyres, so as I needed to get a full set of summer tyres I thought I'd give the Zlines a try. The first few dozen miles were a bit slippery, but this is normal for any new tyre. After they were broken in they settled down well and are performing brilliantly.

I tend to push my car, and after going a bit tentitively to begin with while I got used to the tyres, I have got to the point where I trust them and find them very reliable in dry or wet conditions. Turn in is very nice and predictable (it's all relative - my benchmarks are the BFGoodrich gGrips which were on the car when I bought it, and Goodyear Eagle F1s that I've had a few times no previous cars of simliar performance (older versions of the twin turbo legacy so AWD, with plenty of power). Also a set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. I find the Zlines to be better than all of the above, with particularly note worthy performace in the wet.

I'll have to update this later to comment on the wear life as I've only done about 5,000 miles so far, but as I said I push quite hard nad so far the fronts have just over 1.5mm of tread scrubbed off. Another reviewer mentioned the wear slowed down once it got to 2mm so I'm hoping that turns out to be the case. Also it may be worth noting that most of my driving is on narrow country roads which don't tend to have the best road surface, so wear may be slightly exaggerated than it would on predominantly motorway/A road use.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2017