Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Tyre review data from 69 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 560,360 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and lateral stability in the wet, good handling feel and feedback in both the wet and dry
  • Negative - Highest rolling resistance

2015 Top 5 Summer Performance Tyres - 5th of 5 tyres

2015 Sport Auto 235/35 R19 UHP Tyre Test - 5th of 7 tyres

• Positive - A balanced performance on dry and wet surfaces
  • Negative - Relatively weak resistance to aquaplaning, slow response to steering, rolling resistance
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian zLine

Questions and Answers for the Nokian zLine

2018-01-17 - Looking to replace 265/45 21 104 Dunlop SP Sport 01s on an Infiniti QX70 with something newer and better. Nokian Zline SUV and Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2 seem about the same on eu label and reviewer scores. However, even though both are High Performance Summer tyres would the Nokian have the edge in colder temperatures and on snow ? The A/S version is US only and not made in 265/45 21 in any case.

While Nokian Tyres do specialise in winter tyres, the zLine is a UHP summer so it's unlikely to have a significant performance advantage over the Dunlop in cold / snow.

Top Nokian zLine Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
626 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016

Latest Nokian zLine Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian zLine tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the zLine.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Abarth Punto Evo (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Excellent price for the quality
Good feeling at the limit even when worn out
I'm going to buy a new set for my car
0 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2017
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 730d Sport (275/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyre for the money . strong grip in the dry or wet . much better than my old Michelin Pilot Primacy and wearing very well indeed on what is a heavy car . Bmw 730d . currently on 15k miles . only criticism would be they could improve when it comes aquaplaning . not super bad but other tyres are better . wet grip is superb though . all round a truely surprising result , highly impressed
6 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2017
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (235/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 32,000 average miles
Nice price, ride okay but had a flat one and the two new front Michelin Pilot sport seems to have more comfort. (they were worn down anyhow). My Z-Line lasted approx 51.000 km all four (rotated yearly). Four summers. Mostly freeway 115-125 km/t
2 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2017
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (235/35 R19) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
I've had a pair of these on the front of my 2010 Scirocco and it made the ride comfort appalling. The car crashed over bumps and potholes to the extent that I took my car to two garages to see if there was a suspension fault, as I was convinced that a pair of tyres couldn't cause such a problem and there must be an underlying mechanical problem. Later after a bulge appeared in the tyre side wall I replaced both of them with a pair of Pirelli P Zeros (I'd had some before the Nokian Z Lines) and immediately the ride comfort was restored.

The extent of the discomfort of these tyres was such that the car became unenjoyable and often unpleasant to drive. The reasonable performance and price of these tyres was therefore irrelevant when considering the detrimental effect it had on the car.

I would strongly recommend not buying these tyres. If you drive a Scirocco I'd recommend the P Zeros though (normal ones, not the Rosso or Nero). The feel of the car with them is fantastic and worth the extra.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2017