Nokian zLine

Progressiveness 90%
Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Tyre review data from 57 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 374,360 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian zLine
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian zLine. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian zLine Reviews

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
The good!
I loved these tires at first, they changed the whole car around. I never dropped any speed for any corner, they provided the best grip I ever had in a car, you just stop worrying about losing it. You don't actually notice when it rains, the grip is exactly the same as dry. I didn't believe it is even possible, but they really are perfect in the wet. One issue though is when I'm starting hard in 1st gear, or even 2nd both dry and wet the rear end looses grip, might be due to little weight in the back drive wheels, but it's still there. Happens sometimes in 3rd gear as well, but only when it is wet. Might just be the car really but I thought it is worth mentioning. Very, very safe tires for a daily driver.

THE BAD!

The tire wear, it's just... horrendous. I knew they wouldn't last 100000km, but still. I try to never spin my tires(only happens in the wet, very, very rarely), no burnouts no abuse just normal spirited driving. After mounting them 5 months ago brand new they had 8mm of thread, I drove for some 10000km(6000 miles) since then and they are down to 5mm. The rears were wearing out even faster, I had to rotate them after 5000km already because the rears were down to 6mm in that time.

If nothing changes I will have another 15000km until the thread gets to 2mm and they will become illegal and unsafe where I live. This is just unacceptable, 25000km-30000km(around 15000miles) if I'm lucky from brand new tires.

Conclusion

Honestly decide for yourself, they handle perfectly at any speed (max I did was 250km/h) and any conditions. However the wear is simply unacceptable, and this is from a small car with not a lot of power.
4 | - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Zafira A OPC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 47 spirited miles
That's my second set Z-line tyres. Amazing results !
With the first set I turned 75 000 (!) kms. in 3 years (half spring , full summer and full autumn).
I had not any problems - our roads in Bulgaria are disgusting (holes,
totally uneven road surfaces and so on) - they were just briliant :-) With my Opel Zafira OPC drove on a track day in Germany , the legendary Nurburgring/Nordschleife race track and I was fully amazed how they worked after many tours out there !

Еxtremely recommended !!!
4 | - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2016
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
Firstly, many thanks to this website and previous reviewers comments for helping me choose these tyres. My choice was also influenced by a very favourable experience with Nokian WR A3 winter tyres, which will shortly be going back on my car as the winter weather arrives.

The original tyres on my 2014 S Max 2.0 tdci 140bhp were Michelin Primacy 3's in 225/50 17" 98 load.

The Michelins were a good all round tyre but were € 136 each to replace. The Nokian Z Lines were €87. Quite a difference if you need four.

First impressioms are that the tyres look great with deep sipes and look more squat on the rim. Initially the tyres were noisier than I expected, but they need a couple of hundred kilometres to bed in. Also tyre pressures are critical as if you have the tyres slightly over aired, you do notice the ride is firmer. That aside, these tyres offer sharp turn in and good directional ability.

Driving in a variety of autumnal conditions in wet conditions these tyres are very reluctant to break away. Grip is excellent and certainly a match for the Michelins when they were new. Also the Nokians demonstrate great resistance to aquaplaning. This was the main reason I changed the Primacys early as the S Max would lose contact with the road in motorway situations with heavy rain.

In dry conditions the Nokians have made the S Max feel more agile and inspire great confidence. On the motorway they are very quiet and the car tracks like an arrow.

In conclusion this is a fine tyre which you will not regret buying.

2 | - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2015

Latest Nokian zLine Reviews

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
Great grip and feel but the tyre wear is an absloute joke.Its the worst of any tyre that I have ever bought. I,ve covered 6000miles and they are down to 3mm on the front. This on a Honda Accord and I do not drive hard. Needless to say I will not be giving Nokian my money again. Back to Goodyears I think.
-2 | - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2016
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D Sport Plus (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
had the Zlines for approx 6 months. wear is average, noise is odd - they make strange noises over certain surfaces and rumble a lot when parking or slow cornering with a mid-to-high amount of steering lock.

visited a Blackcircles approved garage yesterday,as one tyre is slowly loosing pressure, no bug deal, new valve. however, garage noticed the tread separating from tyre body on all 4 tyres.

i am careful to check pressures on a fairly regular basis and the car has done 80K miles, is now 5yrs old, so not a dog of a car by any stretch.

anyone else had problems like this?

the returns and complaints procedure is woeful in the uk. you have to send the tyres back for the manufacturer to confirm the cause of fault, which can take up to 12 weeks. in the mean time, you have to buy new tyres if you ant to drive the car, and if for some reason they do no uphold your claim, you then have 2 sets of tyres...

also, if your claim is upheld, a refund based on remaining tread depth is offered.
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
-10 | - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016
That's my second set Z-line tyres. Amazing results !
I had not any problems - our roads in Bulgaria are disgusting (holes,

Еxtremely recommended !!!
4 | - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2016
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 320 (245/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 13 average miles
Great dry grip and decent wet grip, but wear v. poor. I drive quickly-ish on good straight roads (mainly motorways) but I'll be lucky to see 13,000 miles out of a set of rears put on in Feb. last year.
-2 | - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2016