Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Tyre review data from 71 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 581,360 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2018 Ace 235/45 R18 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 11 tyres

2017 AZ Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and lateral stability in the wet, good handling feel and feedback in both the wet and dry
  • Negative - Highest rolling resistance

2015 Top 5 Summer Performance Tyres - 5th of 5 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian zLine

Questions and Answers for the Nokian zLine

2018-01-17 - Looking to replace 265/45 21 104 Dunlop SP Sport 01s on an Infiniti QX70 with something newer and better. Nokian Zline SUV and Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2 seem about the same on eu label and reviewer scores. However, even though both are High Performance Summer tyres would the Nokian have the edge in colder temperatures and on snow ? The A/S version is US only and not made in 265/45 21 in any case.

While Nokian Tyres do specialise in winter tyres, the zLine is a UHP summer so it's unlikely to have a significant performance advantage over the Dunlop in cold / snow.

Top Nokian zLine Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
882 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016

Latest Nokian zLine Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian zLine tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the zLine.

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Audi Audi A6 (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Bought a set of Nokian Zline and initial thought was that they were very good tires. There is really nothing bad about the handling. But the upper sidewall started to crack after one summer. Had them changed for another set and they also started to crack after a summer. I've gone through 3 set of Nokian Z-Line tires in three summers and every set started to crack. I'm not really confident driving the car 180-200 km/h in Germany with micro cracks on the sidewall.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2018
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Santa Fe (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
I used these Z-line tyres in my 2007 Santa Fe. Handling and grip were fine, wear was terrible though, worse than any tyre I have had before. After 18000km (just over 11000 miles) I had to replace them! Never a Nokian Z-line again for me!
9 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2018
Fancy winning a set of 4 tyres, fully fitted? Click below and enter!
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Abarth Punto Evo (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Excellent price for the quality
Good feeling at the limit even when worn out
I'm going to buy a new set for my car
9 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2017
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 730d Sport (275/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyre for the money . strong grip in the dry or wet . much better than my old Michelin Pilot Primacy and wearing very well indeed on what is a heavy car . Bmw 730d . currently on 15k miles . only criticism would be they could improve when it comes aquaplaning . not super bad but other tyres are better . wet grip is superb though . all round a truely surprising result , highly impressed
13 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2017