Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian PowerProof

Tyre review data from 76 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 596,390 miles driven.

2018 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Very weak dry performance, average wet performance.

2018 Ace 235/45 R18 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 11 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 15th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good handling on dry roads
  • Negative - Tendency to understeer and a relatively long braking distance on wet surfaces, poor wear, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian zLine

Questions and Answers for the Nokian zLine

2018-01-17 - Looking to replace 265/45 21 104 Dunlop SP Sport 01s on an Infiniti QX70 with something newer and better. Nokian Zline SUV and Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2 seem about the same on eu label and reviewer scores. However, even though both are High Performance Summer tyres would the Nokian have the edge in colder temperatures and on snow ? The A/S version is US only and not made in 265/45 21 in any case.

While Nokian Tyres do specialise in winter tyres, the zLine is a UHP summer so it's unlikely to have a significant performance advantage over the Dunlop in cold / snow.

Top Nokian zLine Review

Given 87% while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
980 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016

Latest Nokian zLine Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian zLine tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the zLine.

Given 100% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Wagon (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 30 average miles
I just can't score these any higher. I have them on a 2006 Saab 95 Aero Combi and I got 30,000km from them which is the most I ever got on that car. I always used Goodyear Eagle F1s on it before but they were getting very expensive so tried the zLine. In the wet they are so much better than the Goodyear, the water they throw up is massive compared to the Goodyear F1 and they actually aren't bad in snow either. I found their ability to hold air much better too, I check my pressure twice a week and they may drop 1psi in a month where the Goodyear may drop that in a week. Don't get me wrong, the Goodyear Eagles are fantastic but they aren't as good as the Nokian zLine. The most mileage I got from a tire on my Saab was around 11,000km until I got the Nokian tires. In the dry they are very good, great feel and they wear better than anything else I've had, they wear perfectly to be honest. I live in Ireland and the roads here are probably the worst in Europe I reckon, the motorways are good but noisy but they drain water here better than any other European motorway. Some reading this might say I'm over stretching this review but seriously, the Nokian zLine is THE BEST tire I have ever used.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,500 average miles
I use the 225/40/18 on a remaped Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci with 8.5j rims. Comparing them to my 'ex' tires (Falken Ziex 914 EcoRun 205/50/17 on 7.5j rims ) I can say the following after 3.000 km:
- 1 mm is gone already, I don't do street racing . I hope that the wear does not continue at this rate.
- the sidewall is not that good, when coming out of a corner I feel that the car is being thrown out (I did not have this feeling with the Falkens)
- they are a bit noisy
- the dry grip is pretty good, wet grip also good .

For the money (approx. 100 Euros) I would recommend them .

0 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2018
Given 69% while driving a Mercedes Benz A180 CDI W176 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Nokian Zline does everything the way it should. Water, grip, fuel and handling is really good. But when it comes to comfort it´s not really good. Halfway through the tyre and you can feel driving over a penny. To bad cause else it perform really well. High speed driving and braking at high speed, is not so good as Dunlop Sport Max rt2.
Recommend.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Audi A7 3.0 TFSI (225/40 R19 W) on mostly town for 1,500 easy going miles
Those tires are so weird . There are sign of disintegration on all 4 tires . There are pieces of them that literally fall apart . Beside of that they behave great , but i am really concerned
2 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2018