Nokian zLine

Progressiveness 90%
Nokian zLine

The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Tyre review data from 59 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 404,360 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian zLine
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian zLine. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian zLine Reviews

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Zafira A OPC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 47 spirited miles
That's my second set Z-line tyres. Amazing results !
With the first set I turned 75 000 (!) kms. in 3 years (half spring , full summer and full autumn).
I had not any problems - our roads in Bulgaria are disgusting (holes,
totally uneven road surfaces and so on) - they were just briliant :-) With my Opel Zafira OPC drove on a track day in Germany , the legendary Nurburgring/Nordschleife race track and I was fully amazed how they worked after many tours out there !

Đ•xtremely recommended !!!
6 | - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2016
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
The good!
I loved these tires at first, they changed the whole car around. I never dropped any speed for any corner, they provided the best grip I ever had in a car, you just stop worrying about losing it. You don't actually notice when it rains, the grip is exactly the same as dry. I didn't believe it is even possible, but they really are perfect in the wet. One issue though is when I'm starting hard in 1st gear, or even 2nd both dry and wet the rear end looses grip, might be due to little weight in the back drive wheels, but it's still there. Happens sometimes in 3rd gear as well, but only when it is wet. Might just be the car really but I thought it is worth mentioning. Very, very safe tires for a daily driver.

THE BAD!

The tire wear, it's just... horrendous. I knew they wouldn't last 100000km, but still. I try to never spin my tires(only happens in the wet, very, very rarely), no burnouts no abuse just normal spirited driving. After mounting them 5 months ago brand new they had 8mm of thread, I drove for some 10000km(6000 miles) since then and they are down to 5mm. The rears were wearing out even faster, I had to rotate them after 5000km already because the rears were down to 6mm in that time.

If nothing changes I will have another 15000km until the thread gets to 2mm and they will become illegal and unsafe where I live. This is just unacceptable, 25000km-30000km(around 15000miles) if I'm lucky from brand new tires.

Conclusion

Honestly decide for yourself, they handle perfectly at any speed (max I did was 250km/h) and any conditions. However the wear is simply unacceptable, and this is from a small car with not a lot of power.
4 | - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D Sport Plus (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
had the Zlines for approx 6 months. wear is average, noise is odd - they make strange noises over certain surfaces and rumble a lot when parking or slow cornering with a mid-to-high amount of steering lock.

visited a Blackcircles approved garage yesterday,as one tyre is slowly loosing pressure, no bug deal, new valve. however, garage noticed the tread separating from tyre body on all 4 tyres.

i am careful to check pressures on a fairly regular basis and the car has done 80K miles, is now 5yrs old, so not a dog of a car by any stretch.

anyone else had problems like this?

the returns and complaints procedure is woeful in the uk. you have to send the tyres back for the manufacturer to confirm the cause of fault, which can take up to 12 weeks. in the mean time, you have to buy new tyres if you ant to drive the car, and if for some reason they do no uphold your claim, you then have 2 sets of tyres...

also, if your claim is upheld, a refund based on remaining tread depth is offered.
3 | - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2016

Latest Nokian zLine Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna sport tourer (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I have just replaced the front corners after 20k miles of wear in two years.Two more zLines.The tyres have served me well. Performance in the dry or wet has never given me cause for concern. Grip and feedback is excellent. The tyres are XL rated. The front end of my Laguna is heavy, the tyres being at 38psi pressure. Some may complain at the tyre life, but that front end has worked hard. Grip and wear will always be a compromise. The rear tyres still have 4 to 5 mill on them, all four corners being replaced at the same time in Aughust 2014.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2016
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V50 estate (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
No comments left
0 | - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2016
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
Great grip and feel but the tyre wear is an absloute joke.Its the worst of any tyre that I have ever bought. I,ve covered 6000miles and they are down to 3mm on the front. This on a Honda Accord and I do not drive hard. Needless to say I will not be giving Nokian my money again. Back to Goodyears I think.
-6 | - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2016

anyone else had problems like this?

3 | - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
-22 | - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016