Nokian zLine

Show all: Nokian tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Nokian zLine is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 46 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 258,200 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Nokian Z G2

Nokian zLine

Nokian zLine Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford S Max (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
Firstly, many thanks to this website and previous reviewers comments for helping me choose these tyres. My choice was also influenced by a very favourable experience with Nokian WR A3 winter tyres, which will shortly be going back on my car as the winter weather arrives.

The original tyres on my 2014 S Max 2.0 tdci 140bhp were Michelin Primacy 3's in 225/50 17" 98 load.

The Michelins were a good all round tyre but were € 136 each to replace. The Nokian Z Lines were €87. Quite a difference if you need four.

First impressioms are that the tyres look great with deep sipes and look more squat on the rim. Initially the tyres were noisier than I expected, but they need a couple of hundred kilometres to bed in. Also tyre pressures are critical as if you have the tyres slightly over aired, you do notice the ride is firmer. That aside, these tyres offer sharp turn in and good directional ability.

Driving in a variety of autumnal conditions in wet conditions these tyres are very reluctant to break away. Grip is excellent and certainly a match for the Michelins when they were new. Also the Nokians demonstrate great resistance to aquaplaning. This was the main reason I changed the Primacys early as the S Max would lose contact with the road in motorway situations with heavy rain.

In dry conditions the Nokians have made the S Max feel more agile and inspire great confidence. On the motorway they are very quiet and the car tracks like an arrow.

In conclusion this is a fine tyre which you will not regret buying.

tyre reviewed on November 8, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche 996 911 Carrera 2 (225-45-17-)
Best tyres i have ever bought. This is the second set of tyres on my Porsche from Nokian and i can fault them at all. Grip and wear even at highe speeds and cornering - excellent!!
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Looking to buy the Nokian zLine? Click here to search for the best price for the Nokian zLine or any other tyre.
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520i (235-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Euro (225-45-17-W)
Good tire, superb grip in wet, on dry road not so much. after 12 000km I have 5mm tread left, sometimes I drove spirited, but mostly a little bit on agressive side.
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
review of nokian zLine first I searched the internet for tyrereview I found all what I was looking for, with Nokian I'm satisfied, I hold the car on the road very well, and the rain was very happy
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyres, very good in the wet and dry. They're wearing well, with 6mm tread all round at 12000 miles. Highly recommended, suit the Impreza very well. As good if not better than Michelin ps3.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (225-45-17-)
Great Tires! Balanced, my steering wheel is not shaking any more. Dimension 225/40/R18
tyre reviewed on August 19, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (215-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 11,000 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on August 13, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 190 (225-45-18-)
Probably the best wheels I have used on wet surface. A must have for the scottish weather.
tyre reviewed on August 12, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi Sport (225-50-16-W)
I purchased these tyres last July and wrote a review in oct 14. I had only coveed 3000 miles at that stage but was very pleased with them nevertheless.

I have just this afternoon replaced the front pair after covering well over 18,000 spirited miled from a modified 220bhp high torque Audi TDi engined car.

Not once did they let me down and only gave me a slight shivver when I was driving in absolutely torrential rain last thursday for hour after hour. And then it was only a very short aquaplaining episode which came straight back under control as soon as I lifted off. And that was with tread in the 2.0mm region.

Since purchasing these tyres I have had nothing but praise for them. The grip is unbelievable in both dry and wet, even when worn close to the legal limit. The noise is slightly higher than others I have fitted in the past but the radio goes up a fraction and the issue disappears.

The price has fallen by 20% too so they are even greater value than they were a year ago.

I have marked these 100% in every catagory for a reason. Thats because in my hands, they have behaved 110% in every possible catagory. Shame they wont let me mark them as such.

I have bought these again and will yet again when these wear out.

Have ordered some for the MGF Lotus so will report on these when I have done a few miles on them.

tyre reviewed on July 30, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: