Nokian Z G2

Show all: Nokian tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Nokian Z G2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 404,400 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian zLine

Nokian Z G2

82%

86%

84%

Nokian Z G2 Reviews

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 200 (225-45-17-)
Short version: Not bad, bought again once, but now they got to go.

Long Version: Nothing wrong when driving civilized. No trouble with comfort, grip or anything. When the driving gets more exciting, usually when the roads get smaller and windier, they do a good but not outstanding job. A bit of give on the back end on dry surfaces, enough to get a rush but not so much as to end up in the bottom of the valley. Not great on wet roads. The back end gets lose quickly and ESP steps in to keep me out of that valley.

What opened my eyes a quite a lot was the Michelin Alpin 5 I got for the brief winter period. They're thiner than my summer tyres but provide a LOT more grip on wet AND dry roads. The latter one came unexpected. Now as the front wheels need replacement anyway I look into a complete replacement that gives me more confidence in the wet and grips at least as good on dry roads as the Alpin 5 does.

My sizes: 205/55/R16 (front) and 225/50/R16 (rear)
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan 350Z (255-35-19-W)
Used the set for the rear. at 20000km still have 30% more thread. Only replace because the inside of the tire is wearing out.

Good in dry and wet.

Really like how the Nokian tires are built and priced. Change all four to the new zLine and really like how smooth it rolls.
tyre reviewed on May 26, 2014
Looking to buy the Nokian Z G2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nokian Z G2 or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Abarth Punto Evo (215-45-17-)
These tyres give very impressive performance especially in the wet and under braking. They have stiff sidewalls which give good turn in and stability at the cost of a firm ride. The wear rate seems acceptable given the level of grip they provide.
As a summer tyre I am very pleased with these and they represent excellent value for money.
tyre reviewed on April 12, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 (215-45-17-W)
The ZG2 is the the best breaking tyre in the 50 UHP tyre breaking test. What I have to say more. On that point this is the ultra premium tyre. 1 or 2 meters can make the difference. Not only for myself but also for the people in front of me. Breaking is for me one of the most important issues. Having accidents or not you decide mostly in the shop by what tyre you buy. So I buy only UHP tyres. I find the lives of myself and others more important than the little money you "safe" to try something cheap. Deuteronomium 22: When you build a house with a flat roof you have to put a fence around it, so it is not your guild when someone fall down.

So I try to buy products from countries where the human rights and rights from animals got respected.

Handling and grip in dry and wet. So good. In the wet I start to sing, so I know I have the right one (Far better than the good Sportmaxx RT). In the dry the Sportmaxx RT is sometimes a little better but in wet this one is.
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 3.0 automat (225-45-17-)
I found these tyres to be the best tyres I ever had on My car. Over 1 500 000 km on my back, I would recomend these tyres for all performanse cars. Feedback and grip in just great!
tyre reviewed on September 28, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Msport (255-35-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I mounted the Nokian ZG2 this spring on my BMW 3-series with different sizes 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear.
I took them for the great price and the flattering reviews found online.
Aesthetically they are very beautiful, very knobbly and make good their actual width.
On the road with the dry are really great, very precise and really impossible to undermine the power of my car.
I used them a little wet and, anyway, I would not be a reliable tester as I drive really carefully on slippery road.
After 3,000 km are really really happy with the purchase and buy another one.
tyre reviewed on August 22, 2013
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
Very good tyres lots of grip ,quiet but now have to replace them after only 15000 miles due to wear... My previous tyres Dunlop , Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric both much better and last longer.
tyre reviewed on May 24, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS 220D (205-55-16-)
Near silent, very comfortable with excellent wet grip. Slight going over at high speed bends on the dry but only slight. Alway feel safe and enjoy the quite drive especially on roads with awful quality like in the UK.
tyre reviewed on January 31, 2013
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 sw (215-55-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
Exellent tyres, but...too noisy.
tyre reviewed on January 16, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS200 (215-45-17-)
These are the best tyres I have ever had on my car. Nokian ZG2 handled brilliantly in the snow last year and improved my car's handling and quality of the ride. Only wish they were more freely available in the UK.
tyre reviewed on December 2, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: