Hankook Winter i cept evo2

The Hankook Winter i cept evo2 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Snow, ice, frost, heavy rain or wet leaves often produce dangerous road conditions in winter. Hankook Winter i*cept evo² and i*cept evo² SUV profiles therefore meet these challenges with improved tread compounds and optimised design functions.Among other things, a highly dispersible nano-silica compound is used, which prevents hardening of the tyre at low temperatures and thus ensures better grip on wintry and wet roads through greater elasticity of the tyre contact area. With a further optimisation of the tyre profile, the contact area of the tyre has been enlarged further, which likewise has a positive effect on grip in snow and rain and moreover ensures improved aquaplaning performance.

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 75,110 miles driven.

2017 Sport Auto Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Strong in the snow, good dry handling
  • Negative - Average wet performance, long braking distances in the dry and wet
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended

2017 Auto Bild SUV Winter Tyre Test - 6th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distance and general well balanced snow performance, well priced
  • Negative - Long braking distances in the dry and wet, average comfort
  • Overall - Satisfactory

2017 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 20th of 21 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - Poor handling in the snow and wet. Average comfort.
  • Overall - Average.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept evo2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept evo2

2017-11-16 - Is the tyre tread directional? All four tyres are marked "inside" but all the tread is the same direction.Two of the tyres have the tread in one direction and two in the other,is this normal?

This is normal, the Hankook Winter i cept evo2 is an asymmetric tyre and can rotate in either direction.

2017-11-28 - These are fine for 20" AudiQ7 (2008) ?

As long as you purchase the Hankook Winter i cept evo2 in the correct size and load rating they will be suitable for your SUV

Top Hankook Winter i cept evo2 Review

Given 86% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10 spirited miles
I drove with them trough the whole 2015/16 winter season, in Eastern Europe, under generally mild winter conditions. They are very comfortable all-rounders at a reasonable price. Secure grip and traction under icy and snowy conditions. Very good on wet and dry, and also very durable. I think i could easily make more than 30 000 miles in the winters.
142 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2016

Latest Hankook Winter i cept evo2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept evo2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Winter i cept evo2.

Given 84% while driving a Mazda 2 SP (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
On my Mazda 3 MPS, around 315hp, those tyres perform really good when the temperature is below 6-7 degrees celsius. As the temperature went up, they do not give me the confidence of a summer tyre.
Overall, strictly for winter this tyre is great. Performed really well on 10cm snow + ice underneath on an 10 degrees incline(I was amazed by that as my car has a high amount of torque).
If you buy them to use as "all season" do not mind.
As I used them for only for winter they performed as expected.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2019
Given 97% while driving a BMW 520D M Sport Touring (255/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
I bought a second hand BMW 520D automatic 185ps and wanted to put a nice set of 20" wheels...but didn't want to swap it for the standerd wheels in winter...I didn't want to change the great looks in winter...So I started reading and searching the internet for a performance wintertyre I could use summer AND winter. I was aware that a lot of wintertyres are horrible noise makers...so I searched for a profile that I know that would be silent. After my search...I bumped into these Hankook W320 tyres...and finally bought them and fitted them on my nice new AXE EX30 wheels. These tyres needs a bit running in for about 500 km...but once that passed...WAWWW !!! Hankook did here an excellent job with these new W320 wintertyres. I have them now for exact one year and drove 30.000 km with them. The wear is excellent and now changed them front to rear...still plenty of mm's left. These tyres are also very quiet and almost as good as summertyres. Also the handling in summer is really very good even when it's very hot...and in winter-wet conditions excellent. Heavy snow we didn't have last year but in those winter condition I also felt very secure with my RWD car. I know for one thing...I recommand these tyres VERY MUCH...do not hesitate...and are in my opinion as good (or better) than some all season tyres that are being sold...for much higher price...What is also a very good point on these Hankook...very good in pricing, even for big tyres like my 255/35R20.
So in case you didn't get it....BUY THEM !!!
6 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 67% while driving a Fiat Abarth Punto Evo (205/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Very good traction on the snow
Standard performance in wet condition
In my opinion poor performance on dry road, expecially with sprinted driving stile: I found the tyre shoulder very weak and the dynamic balance of my car severely changed (in comparison with summer tyres)
9 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2017
Lexus (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
This is a review based on every day suburban driving in and around a UK town.
Ok my summer tyres are premium and I say this to illustrate that I will buy the right tyre base on my views not on budget, status or the label.
I swap my tyres every winter and summer. In the winter the roads are wet more than they are dry and between December and Feb early 6am starts means temps from -5 to 5 degrees. In cold temps they great on both wet and dry. I drive normally. I don't throw the car around or accelerate hard off the start. I do drive A roads and motorways and have no issues. The worst thing I notice is that at 12 degrees, driving at 70 MPH the car does bounce around a lot.

I have driven over and around an empty car park covered with frozen snow and this was not a problem. Driving cautiously over a 10 meter layer of sheet ice was no problem either.

Yes I am confident that if you drive sensibly, realise that stopping distances double in rain and are 10 x further in snow and you respect the road then you should be fine. I will also say that after 2 seasons the wear is down to 6mm which is not bad for a car that weighs 2 tonnes.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
I'be bought these tires not so long ago. Seems to be pretty good ratio price/quality. As poor quality tires from China cost almost the same, this looks like a deal. Tires are good on dry roads. Noise is average. It did not experience much snow yet, however, I expect it to be OK. To sum up - for this kind of money (in my country it was about 40 eur), I cannot expect better tire. Budget buster.
12 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2017