Nexen CP641

Show all: Nexen tyres, Passenger Car All Season Touring tyres
The Nexen CP641 is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 255,749 miles driven.

Nexen CP641

75%

71%

61%

Nexen CP641 Reviews

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 406 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10 average miles
I have only driven about 200m with one of these tyres fitted and cannot really notice any difference from the previous Avon tyre.

I bought one in 195/65R15 very cheaply and having them fitted separately.

Later I bought another two except that I later noticed they were slightly different as an N Blue ECO

The reviews for the NBlue are far better!

But another aspect which has not been promoted here much is that the CP641 are sided! They can only be used after fitting on ONE side of the car.

The NBlue are sided and can be used on either side.

I paid the same price for both types! £31 including separate fitting!

tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (205-55-16-V)
For a budget tyre, these are excellent value for money. Just about to change front tyres, which have done 26,000 miles. That is marginally better than I got from Michelin and Bridgestone, in the past. They may be a little noisy, but not irritating. The last week or so, I have noticed some wheel spin when accelerating away from stop, but they've done 26k, so probably fair enough. the back should be good for another 20k, but I have noticed some minor cracking in the tread grooves. I've been assured this is nothing to worry about, but I'll keep my eye on it. Overall, I would buy again, but I'm going to try the Dunlop SP BluResponse this time.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Looking to buy the Nexen CP641? Click here to search for the best price for the Nexen CP641 or any other tyre.

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 sw (225-45-17-)
Brilliant. Half the price of pirellis. No loss of fuel economy at 47mpg. No excessive noise. Responsive, good grip in snow. Very very happy with these on my 407 hdi sw. 24000 miles and front nearlly at legal limit indicator. Buy them
tyre reviewed on December 22, 2013
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (225-45-17-)
Tyres were already fitted to the car when I brought it. In the dry they are not too bad, fairly high level of grip, at the limit they still give a fair amount of traction but this is quickly lost and then prone to skidding. The worst thing about these tyres is the Wet Grip, or I should say lack of. I have never felt confident driving with these tyres in the wet, I always feel even at slow speeds the car is twitching. Hit a puddle and it's like being on ice. Braking distance in the wet is shockingly bad and traction is lost very VERY quickly. Trying to pull away on a steep hill from traffic lights in heavy rain and they just span. Apparently they are very noisy but I have nothing to compare them to.
In the ice I found them not to be too bad, a fair amount of traction and when the back started to slide it was very easy to recover in minimal time with little steering input.

Fuel effeicancy, I was getting around 45mpg which isn't bad for a 1.25 Fiesta.

Looking at the price I think they were about £40. Seeing as you can fit the entire contact surface area of your car on the road on a piece of A3 paper I was always told it's worth making sure its up to the challenge.
If you are mainly driving around city and slow to moderate speeds then I'm sure these tyres are fine for you. If you are driving more on twisting B & A roads or motorways then I would steer clear( no pun intended )

Decided that as we are forecast for a wet and cold winter I would change them as I really didn't like how they performed in the wet. Changing to Dunlop Sport BluResponse for only £55 a tyre with great reviews.

Hope someone finds what I have said useful.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (245-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Worst bloody tyres ever. Awful in rain and not much better dry.
Then with less than 10km on them the side walls started to split. Thought it was me but tyres on both side had the same problem and was a perfect circle.
Looked online and Nexen has a lot of quality issues.
tyre reviewed on August 14, 2013
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota sienna (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Noisy, very noisy, would never buy Nexen again. Only have 30K on tires and they are history!
tyre reviewed on August 11, 2013
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Celica GT4 (215-55-16-)
Fitted to a Toyota Celica Gt-Four 215/55/16

Good points:
- Fairly progressive breakaway when traction is lost
- Feedback/steerig feel is good, and ride quality is ok.
- Seem to be wearing at a fair rate.

Negatives:
- Grip falls off quickly in damp/cold conditions
- NOISE! these are by far the noisiest tyres I have ever used. I thought I had a wheel bearing failure when I fitted them it was that bad. Unless the road is perfectly smooth fresh tarmac the tyre roar is deafening.

Wouldn't purchase again unless for a town car which never went above 30mph so the noise wouldn't matter.
tyre reviewed on July 6, 2013
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215-65-16-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 13,000 spirited miles
12 months use (approx 13000 miles).
Performance in the wet was fair but subject to aquaplaning in roadside puddles- pretty un-nerving!
Ride was good with little in the way of obtrusive noise.
Preferred these to the Kumho replacements.
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2013
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215-65-16-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Not much to say really. They pretty much do what any other more expensive premium tyres. Maybe just a tiny bit noisy, but for the price I managed to get them, it is the last thing on my mind. Wear is surprisingly good, considering it being softer compound rubber.
tyre reviewed on March 13, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 200 TURBO COUPE (195-55-15-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
ON AN OLD ROVER 200 ---2 LITRE TURBO.
IN MY PERSONAL OPINION THEY DO EVERTHING RATHER WELL.
BEING SOFTER COMPOUND--CAN PUNCTURE BUT THAT IS PROBABNLY OUR LOCATION
GOOD ALL ROUND AT A REASONABLE PRICE
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: