Nexen CP641

Nexen CP641

The Nexen CP641 is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 290,749 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nexen CP641
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen CP641
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nexen CP641. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nexen CP641 Review

Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Tyres were already fitted to the car when I brought it. In the dry they are not too bad, fairly high level of grip, at the limit they still give a fair amount of traction but this is quickly lost and then prone to skidding. The worst thing about these tyres is the Wet Grip, or I should say lack of. I have never felt confident driving with these tyres in the wet, I always feel even at slow speeds the car is twitching. Hit a puddle and it's like being on ice. Braking distance in the wet is shockingly bad and traction is lost very VERY quickly. Trying to pull away on a steep hill from traffic lights in heavy rain and they just span. Apparently they are very noisy but I have nothing to compare them to.
In the ice I found them not to be too bad, a fair amount of traction and when the back started to slide it was very easy to recover in minimal time with little steering input.

Fuel effeicancy, I was getting around 45mpg which isn't bad for a 1.25 Fiesta.

Looking at the price I think they were about £40. Seeing as you can fit the entire contact surface area of your car on the road on a piece of A3 paper I was always told it's worth making sure its up to the challenge.
If you are mainly driving around city and slow to moderate speeds then I'm sure these tyres are fine for you. If you are driving more on twisting B & A roads or motorways then I would steer clear( no pun intended )

Decided that as we are forecast for a wet and cold winter I would change them as I really didn't like how they performed in the wet. Changing to Dunlop Sport BluResponse for only £55 a tyre with great reviews.

Hope someone finds what I have said useful.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013

Latest Nexen CP641 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen CP641 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CP641.

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Spacestar (185/65 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 35,000 easy going miles
Had these tyres on a Mitsubishi space star 1.8 for the past 35000 miles and they have lasted incredibly well, still going strong at over 3mm. However the value and durability does not make up for the deafening road noise. I initially thought it was a bearing but no, it was the tyres! Would only buy if desperately strapped for cash again as dry grip was good but never trusted them in the wet after a slip n slide moment.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 406 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10 average miles
I have only driven about 200m with one of these tyres fitted and cannot really notice any difference from the previous Avon tyre.

I bought one in 195/65R15 very cheaply and having them fitted separately.

Later I bought another two except that I later noticed they were slightly different as an N Blue ECO

The reviews for the NBlue are far better!

But another aspect which has not been promoted here much is that the CP641 are sided! They can only be used after fitting on ONE side of the car.

The NBlue are sided and can be used on either side.

I paid the same price for both types! £31 including separate fitting!

0 - tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 26,000 average miles
For a budget tyre, these are excellent value for money. Just about to change front tyres, which have done 26,000 miles. That is marginally better than I got from Michelin and Bridgestone, in the past. They may be a little noisy, but not irritating. The last week or so, I have noticed some wheel spin when accelerating away from stop, but they've done 26k, so probably fair enough. the back should be good for another 20k, but I have noticed some minor cracking in the tread grooves. I've been assured this is nothing to worry about, but I'll keep my eye on it. Overall, I would buy again, but I'm going to try the Dunlop SP BluResponse this time.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 sw (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 24,000 average miles
Brilliant. Half the price of pirellis. No loss of fuel economy at 47mpg. No excessive noise. Responsive, good grip in snow. Very very happy with these on my 407 hdi sw. 24000 miles and front nearlly at legal limit indicator. Buy them
0 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2013

Fuel effeicancy, I was getting around 45mpg which isn't bad for a 1.25 Fiesta.

Hope someone finds what I have said useful.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013