Nexen N Blue 4 Season

The Nexen N Blue 4 Season is a Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 80,905 miles driven.

2019 ACE GTU All Season Tyre Test - 8th of 8 tyres

2019 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Low priced all season tyres with a safe balance in all weathers, stable cornering and short braking in the snow, low wear, good price to performance ratio, low noise.
  • Negative - Slightly extended wet braking, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Good.

2019 All Season Tyre Performance Overview - 7th of 31 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue 4 Season

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue 4 Season

2017-12-28 - I have 2 of these tyres on order. Until I can afford another 2 would you recommend fitting them to the front or rear of a standard front wheel drive car? The other axle will have summer tyres on. What's left of the continental eco contact 2. Approx 4/5mm tread.

Traditional advice is always put the newer tyres on the rear axle, which helps the car keep an understeer balance rather than an oversteer balance, and wears the older tyres out more quickly. In this case, this is what I would do.

Top Nexen N Blue 4 Season Review

Given 77% while driving a Chevrolet Lacetti (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres are a replacement for the original Hankook tyres that came with the vehicle (Chevrolet Lacetti purchased from new) which were excellent and have lasted 75K km. This is our second car and family workhorse used by several members of the family daily, we use a 7 seater for family transport and towing. So while we like the car, its run on a budget and I had no intention of buying separate winter and summer tyres. I explained the situation and he suggested all weather Vredsteins at some astronomical price per corner, he left to take a call and the young fitter recommended these at half the price.

Grip in all conditions is more than adequate for this vehicle, the extremely muddy lane where we go to walk the dogs is no longer a gamble with the worn Hankook summer tyres and I am confident that the coming snow will not be either. I have noticed that there has been a substantial reduction in tyre noise. I have had the car from new so that noise was just how it had always been. I will see how they fair over the winter but as it stands I will replace the 7 seater with the same tyres for the price.
102 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2017

Latest Nexen N Blue 4 Season Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue 4 Season tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Blue 4 Season.

Volkswagen (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Just bought this (XL version) after a long reading of reviews and tests.
It replaced an aged Continental PremiumContact 5.
Tested as new in wet and dry.
So far, I am pleased with them.
I have immediately felt that they are more comfortable, maneuverable and quite tyres.
Did not tried yet in winter but based on profile and tests, it will not dissapoint.
My main conceurne was, grip in wet and dry and maneuvrability.
The only drawback ( but I knew about it) is the fuel efficiency. I do feel they are less efficient( mostly on starting the car, you have to push the pedal more).
Anyhow, giving the price/quality ratio is a great compromise. After 4 yrs even with 0,2 l/100 increased consumption, you are still on plus compared to a premium, more expensive tyre.
I do recommend them.
Wear is not a concern for me. For sure they will last 3 yrs.
I will update the review after winter driving.

0 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2019
Given 80% while driving a CitroŽn C4 Picasso (2013 ) (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I use the tyres on a citreon c4 picasso II. Almost a year now i've driven on almost all conditions. I was impressed on the ice and snow performance. While on daily normal commute i never used snow chains except on heavy snowstorm at the mountains. I was really curious about the summer performance, because at my area gets really hot for a long period. The tyre performed really good even at high speeds while the temperature was above 38 Celsius. I noticed a little problem on aquaplaning,maybe more than i expected. Overall a really honest tyre that has nothing to be jealous from the high end brands. Definitely buy them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 18,000 average miles
I've had these fitted to a 4x4 yeti for the last 1 1/2 years and have seen 2 winters with snow with them.

Positive points
1. Quiet
2. Decent road handling in wet and dry, braking is good in both.
3. In snow these are great and in sub 4 degrees they seem to grip even better.
4. Grip on muddy roads/lanes much better than summer tyres
5. Good feedback from tyres

Negative
1. Fuel economy seems down on summer equivalents by 5-10%
2. Wear seems lightly greater than summer tyre - i'll get max 2 years out of these (24k miles) but that isn't too bad for a 4x4
3. Aquaplane - seems lower than summers/goodyear vector 4 seasons - Something to be aware of.

My wifes car has Goodyear Vector 4 seasons fitted. They seem to wear better but are very similar for wet, dry and snow abilities.

Will use these again purely as they are £76 each for my car, whereas Bridgestones A005's, Goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2 or michelins are £115-135 each.

The difference in abilities between these and the Goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2 does not warrant the price

8 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5 average miles
Got them in Oct 2017 for the front wheels and so far they performed briliantly in all conditions, providing that the car is driven sensibly.
If I arrive too quickly to a roundabout in wet conditions, the skid is progressive and controllable.
As they are all-season tyres, the grip in icy conditions is surprisingly good.

Recommended them to a work colleague for her old Jazz, she is delighted.
15 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Ford Fiesta (175/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Okay let's do this. I blind bought these tyres because they were cheap and because I liked the thread. And so far so good, I made the best choice for the price.
Summer handling: they're nothing more than sufficient. It's a perfectly safe a comfy tyre, but the shoulder is high and the rubber compound is soft, so in tight corners you can feel the grip limit. But hey, if you're not an F1 driver they perform well!
Winter handling: they're like a high level summer tyre. Good grip in every condition, I'm honestly really impressed.
The snow and ice handling is also very good for an all season tyre!
What about wet conditions? Good. Good handling in corners, good braking and good traction. Average aquaplaning resistance. Buy again? Absolutely!
13 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018