Nokian WeatherProof

The Nokian WeatherProof is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian All Weather Plus

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 129,414 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 ACE All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Overall - An excellent all round all season tyre. Most points in the wet overall, almost as strong as the winter tyre in the snow, slightly below average in the dry.

2015 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 8 tyres

2015 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 6 tyres

• Overall - The new Nokian Weatherproof had a clean sweep in the snow tests, winning the snow traction, braking, circle and handling, even beating the Continental winter tyre. The Nokian also managed to be the best in both aquaplaning tests, and scored second in wet braking. The compromise is made in wet and dry handling and dry braking, where the Nokian could only manage fourth, fifth and sixth respectively, but it was never more than 5% away from the best on test.
225/50 R17 98V XL   C A 69
225/55 R17 97V   C A 69

Questions and Answers for the Nokian WeatherProof

2016-05-05 - Is there a good 195/50 R16 84V ALL WEATHER TYRE for a Toyota Yaris ? I think I've checked all the reviews and can't find one listed. Thanks

The Kleber Quadraxer is the best reviewed all season tyre we have listed in 195/50 R16

2016-08-09 - Wanting to replace with all season on VXL Meriva without the premium price tag 185-65 R15. Would this tyre be recommended?

Yes, the Nokian WeatherProof is an excellent all season tyre and should be better priced than The Michelin and Goodyear options, however we currently have it listed just £2 cheaper than the Michelin CrossClimate in 185/65 R15

Top Nokian WeatherProof Review

Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (215/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
So far run 5000k miles and found them to be as good as Wintracs for winter conditions with excellent cold dry grip, cold wet grip and frosty conditions, and hard packed snow. More recently with warmer dry roads I've found their limit rather more easily than I'd expected, considering these are touted as 'all season' tyres. They are quiet compared to the summer tyres I changed from but that's no surprise considering those are Bridgestone Potenzas with a 40% profile. Straight line stability at high speed is not as good as I would expect from a good 'all season' tyre - not as good as the Vredestein Quatrac, for example.
84 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2016

Latest Nokian WeatherProof Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian WeatherProof tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WeatherProof.

Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X1 2.0 Xdrive (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I was in a situation where I needed to replace both my winter tyre set and my summer tyre set. I came across these Nokian Weatherproofs and realised I would only have to buy one set, a considerable saving. I am really pleased with the tyres, not much difference from the previous Pirelli runflats in the dry, but better grip in the wet but more comfortable. The beast from the East gave me a chance to evaluate their performance in snowy conditions and I was again pleased with the grip and braking properties, as good as the dedicated winter tyres that I had previously. When in for servicing, the mechanic at the local garage said 'Those are good tyres, all vehicles like yours should have them as standard'. With the weather that we have in the UK, it seems like a no-brainer for everyone to use decent all weather tyres like these Nokians. If they continue to impress, I will fit them again in the future.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Subaru forester 2.0 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Just been through the so called ‘beast from the east’ in Devon with our Subaru Forester driving through 6” of fresh powder snow/slush/ice and through 2 to 3 foot snow drifts, country lanes, up hill down dale. Preformed brilliantly with tread thats a couple millimetres from the bar. Never felt them struggling even with hill starts.
As you would expect with a winter bias all season tyre they do not perform as well as summer tyres in the on dry roads, but are perfectly adequate as long as you expect the forthcoming understeer. Superb in wet weather and inspires confidence with no noticeable aquaplaning.
Getting rather noisy now as they are at end of life and need to be replaced within the next couple of months. No noticeable road noise whilst had decent depth.
Excellent tyre, will be buying again, in combination with our Scooby they felt unstoppable in snow!
2 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018
Fancy winning a set of 4 tyres, fully fitted? Click below and enter!
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot Partner combi (185/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Brilliant ! I used to put winter tyres on November to March. This is my first set of Nokian Weatherproof's and they performed Brilliantly uphill downhill 6" of fresh snow / Hard pack snow / ice No problem. The only problem 'The Beast from The East' caused was '4x4's getting in the way !.
The rolling resistance is low (B) so will have no problem keeping these excellent tyres on all year.
Common sense would have these tyres as standard on all Vehichles.......and make learning to drive part of getting a licence.......!.
When you purchase a set of these excellent tyres just be aware that when its icy and you are going downhill and slowing for a junction/obstacle that car behind is likley to rear end you unless they have fitted NOKIAN WEATHERPROOF'S
2 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018
Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 H) on for 3,000 miles
Bought them out of economical reasons.
They feel good on the road, not as quiet as I was hoping for.
First snow and ice this year have showed no problem at all, I have yet too see the Electronic Stability Control light.
The summer has been good but the tires felt a little too soft with some corner handling small surprises. Very nice handling on the Austrian roads.
Simply put they are the best All Season Tyre I ever experienced.
I wish they were a little more quiet and no sogginess on the side wall.
They also look very good.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
We are on our third Forester and have always been happy with the all season tyres that came with the car unbtil this latest one. We drive over the North Yorkshire moors which can get snowy at times. The first time we hit snow with Geolander tyres I was horrified with the poor grip. I then discovered they were a different design to the ones Subaru used to fit and were in fact a semi offf road tyre for dirt tracks. They were rubbish in snow. Researched and came up with the Nokian weatherproof. The Forester now behaves itself in snow with good grip and exceptionally so in really wet conditions. I have not noticed grip being poor in summer. They are wearing reasonably well although the front tyres wore more on one side but that is probably tracking. I will be buying replacement weatherproofs soon.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017