Nokian WeatherProof

The Nokian WeatherProof is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian All Weather Plus

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 80,400 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 ACE All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Overall - An excellent all round all season tyre. Most points in the wet overall, almost as strong as the winter tyre in the snow, slightly below average in the dry.

2015 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 6 tyres

• Overall - The new Nokian Weatherproof had a clean sweep in the snow tests, winning the snow traction, braking, circle and handling, even beating the Continental winter tyre. The Nokian also managed to be the best in both aquaplaning tests, and scored second in wet braking. The compromise is made in wet and dry handling and dry braking, where the Nokian could only manage fourth, fifth and sixth respectively, but it was never more than 5% away from the best on test.

2015 AZ All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 8 tyres

225/50 R17 98V XL   C A 69
225/55 R17 97V   C A 69

Questions and Answers for the Nokian WeatherProof

2016-05-05 - Is there a good 195/50 R16 84V ALL WEATHER TYRE for a Toyota Yaris ? I think I've checked all the reviews and can't find one listed. Thanks

The Kleber Quadraxer is the best reviewed all season tyre we have listed in 195/50 R16

2016-08-09 - Wanting to replace with all season on VXL Meriva without the premium price tag 185-65 R15. Would this tyre be recommended?

Yes, the Nokian WeatherProof is an excellent all season tyre and should be better priced than The Michelin and Goodyear options, however we currently have it listed just £2 cheaper than the Michelin CrossClimate in 185/65 R15

Top Nokian WeatherProof Review

Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (215/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
So far run 5000k miles and found them to be as good as Wintracs for winter conditions with excellent cold dry grip, cold wet grip and frosty conditions, and hard packed snow. More recently with warmer dry roads I've found their limit rather more easily than I'd expected, considering these are touted as 'all season' tyres. They are quiet compared to the summer tyres I changed from but that's no surprise considering those are Bridgestone Potenzas with a 40% profile. Straight line stability at high speed is not as good as I would expect from a good 'all season' tyre - not as good as the Vredestein Quatrac, for example.
60 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2016

Latest Nokian WeatherProof Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian WeatherProof tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WeatherProof.

Lexus (235/55 R18 V) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
Put four of these on in January, replacing Kumho products which were unimpressive apart from being long lasting. There is not a wide choice of all seasons tyres in this size, the much regarded Michelin Cross Climate are not available. I have to date been most impressed with the Nokians, they are very quiet and give good steering feedback, grip in dry and wet is excellent. I do stress that I am not a "press on" driver, if I was then I would not drive a big SUV, so I have not explored the handling limitations of the tyre. I have not measured the tread wear but such appears to be minimal. I cannot comment on the performance on snow and frost as I have not driven in such conditions.
In my view the tyre is well suited to my vehicle and I would certainly buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Panda (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 400 average miles
Good winter tyre.loads of confidence.
Sidewall bit soggy.so it looks like the tyre is out of air.
Looks great to*thread*.
And you can spare your summer tyres longer..
A real thumb's up!
9 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2017
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Stunning in the wet and on snow. Dry grip isn't what it was on the summer tyres and there's a lot of traction control used.
21 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2016