Nokian WeatherProof

The Nokian WeatherProof is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian All Weather Plus

Tyre review data from 24 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 177,414 miles driven.

Reports

2018 27 All Season Tyre Shootout - 9th of 27 tyres

2018 AMS All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Excellent braking and traction in the snow, excellent aquaplaning results
  • Negative - Poor snow balance with oversteer, poor steering precision in the wet and dry

7 of the best all season tyres for 2018 - 4th of 10 tyres

225/50 R17 98V XL   C A 69
225/55 R17 97V   C A 69

Questions and Answers for the Nokian WeatherProof

2016-05-05 - Is there a good 195/50 R16 84V ALL WEATHER TYRE for a Toyota Yaris ? I think I've checked all the reviews and can't find one listed. Thanks

The Kleber Quadraxer is the best reviewed all season tyre we have listed in 195/50 R16

2016-08-09 - Wanting to replace with all season on VXL Meriva without the premium price tag 185-65 R15. Would this tyre be recommended?

Yes, the Nokian WeatherProof is an excellent all season tyre and should be better priced than The Michelin and Goodyear options, however we currently have it listed just £2 cheaper than the Michelin CrossClimate in 185/65 R15

Top Nokian WeatherProof Review

Given 78% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (215/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
So far run 5000k miles and found them to be as good as Wintracs for winter conditions with excellent cold dry grip, cold wet grip and frosty conditions, and hard packed snow. More recently with warmer dry roads I've found their limit rather more easily than I'd expected, considering these are touted as 'all season' tyres. They are quiet compared to the summer tyres I changed from but that's no surprise considering those are Bridgestone Potenzas with a 40% profile. Straight line stability at high speed is not as good as I would expect from a good 'all season' tyre - not as good as the Vredestein Quatrac, for example.
97 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2016

Latest Nokian WeatherProof Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian WeatherProof tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WeatherProof.

Given 89% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 spirited miles
Replacing Hankook Ventus Prime 2 that lasted just over a year and 11000 miles
Fitted two of these Nokian Weatherproof SUV on the front in February 2017 - Garage was surprised at my choice telling me it was a winter tyre for driving in snow. Well that wasn't going to stop me, I'd done my research and was happy with my choice.
Instantly transformed the ride of our car. Smooth and quiet, and pretty good feedback through the wheel too.
They've seen me through wet winters, the beast from the east with 6 or so inches of snow and two long summer drives across France.
I can't fault them in any way, but if I was pushed, I would say it was the signs of wall cracking at around 3.5/4mm.
They are now at 2.5/3mm and I can still push them hard on wet roads and feel confident they're going to put me where I want to be.
20 months and 22000 miles of solid secure driving - I'm happy with that.
Only downside is trying to find them in my size to replace all four. No online retailers seem to do them.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2018
Given 60% while driving a (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Although thesr tyres are excellent in terms of grip (dry/wet/snow), I definitely do not recommend them aa they wear REALLY fast. Had these (date of production 44/16) fitted on my Nisaan Qashqai J11 and lasted less than 2 years with some 40K km.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Given 41% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Had great faith in these tyres although this proved to be unfounded. Fitted to an XC60 terrible wear/short life, wore done within one year I will no longer buy this brand.on the fronts at 12k miles. Rears lasted a little longer although also wore out within the second year at approx 22k. I would not recommend these tyres if you after longevity.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018
Given 88% while driving a BMW X1 2.0 Xdrive (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I was in a situation where I needed to replace both my winter tyre set and my summer tyre set. I came across these Nokian Weatherproofs and realised I would only have to buy one set, a considerable saving. I am really pleased with the tyres, not much difference from the previous Pirelli runflats in the dry, but better grip in the wet but more comfortable. The beast from the East gave me a chance to evaluate their performance in snowy conditions and I was again pleased with the grip and braking properties, as good as the dedicated winter tyres that I had previously. When in for servicing, the mechanic at the local garage said 'Those are good tyres, all vehicles like yours should have them as standard'. With the weather that we have in the UK, it seems like a no-brainer for everyone to use decent all weather tyres like these Nokians. If they continue to impress, I will fit them again in the future.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Subaru Subaru forester 2.0 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Just been through the so called ‘beast from the east’ in Devon with our Subaru Forester driving through 6” of fresh powder snow/slush/ice and through 2 to 3 foot snow drifts, country lanes, up hill down dale. Preformed brilliantly with tread thats a couple millimetres from the bar. Never felt them struggling even with hill starts.
As you would expect with a winter bias all season tyre they do not perform as well as summer tyres in the on dry roads, but are perfectly adequate as long as you expect the forthcoming understeer. Superb in wet weather and inspires confidence with no noticeable aquaplaning.
Getting rather noisy now as they are at end of life and need to be replaced within the next couple of months. No noticeable road noise whilst had decent depth.
Excellent tyre, will be buying again, in combination with our Scooby they felt unstoppable in snow!
6 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018