Triangle TR918

The Triangle TR918 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 53% over 234,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Triangle TR918
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Triangle TR918
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Triangle TR918. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Triangle TR918 Review

Given 79% while driving a Ford Galaxy (215/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 100,000 average miles
I'm a taxi driver based in the wilds of Somerset. I driver on all road surface including slippery muddy country lanes. I've never had a problem with the tyres. If you drive sensibly, like the majority of drivers do, these tyres are absolutely fine. Many of my colleagues also fit them and none have had any criticism as far as I am aware. Respect your car and the tyres and they will be perfectly safe and are excellent value for money.
20 - tyre reviewed on October 24, 2014

Latest Triangle TR918 Reviews

Have you driven on the Triangle TR918 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the TR918.

Given 54% while driving a Honda Accord Euro (205/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 12,000 spirited miles
I had these tyres on my car a while back and to be fair they did what was required. From reading other reviews and listening to other people I think it really depends on what car you drive and perhaps more importantly what sort of driving you do. They seem to work best on smaller cars and if you drive mainly in town then they'll do the job just fine. But for those of us who do more driving on country roads and motorways or have heavier cars I would honestly spend a bit extra and get a better brand.

I went through two sets of Triangles, since whenever I went to a tyre shop they were all they had in stock for my size wheels. But after the last set I was so disappointed with their performance in the wet, that I didn't even wait until they wore away before I shopped online for a better brand. The Maxxis I bought instead aren't even a premium tyre but the difference in grip is unbelievable. I don't want to completely mock Triangle since they weren't at all bad in the dry and the feedback from them was fairly decent. However I'm afraid they were completely useless in the rain, I remember in heavy downpour my car would try and oversteer far too easily on roundabouts and I would often be one of the slowest moving cars in such weather. In snow and ice I avoided taking out the car as much as possible as it was really that bad. I often thought my car was just naturally bad in such weather and even started to question my own driving, until I switched tyre manufacturer and now my confidence is far higher. They last reasonably well, but one thing I noticed was how easily the tyre walls started to crack, especially during summer in the higher temperatures.
Overall I would suggest that if you do low miles and live in a city, then go for them. They will do their job and are very cheap and easy to find. But if you're in anyway enthusiastic about driving or do a lot of miles then I strongly suggest you spend the extra money on a better brand. As many mechanics and experts will tell you; tyres are the most important part of your car. If you can afford to splash out on a better tyre, don't think twice.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2017
20 - tyre reviewed on October 24, 2014
Given 64% while driving a Mazda RX8 (225/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 3,500 spirited miles
I discovered why these are called Triangle: You have to entrust yourself to the holy trinity while driving on the wet. On dry surfaces they're not bad at all, but add some water and they become a skidfest.

Another thing I should note, the sidewalls look kinda flimsy.

Anyway, they're not bad for a budget tyre, they cost the equivalent of USD $89 in Chile so that's that. Just be careful when driving on wet surfaces.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2014
Given 47% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra cdti (150) (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 21,000 average miles
Bought these as I was on a tight budget at the time, and MOT was nearing. If youre planning on driving around the city or at low speeds then this is the tyre for you. Anything else then forget about any kind of grip on the road.
20000 miles ago I put them on the front of my diesel vctra, and have just put them on to the back. There is still about 3-4mm of tread left in them.
Hard compound which wears very well, however if it gets wet the grip is diabolical, almost dangerous. Avoid if you can afford to
1 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2013
Given 29% while driving a SEAT Toledo (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
These were fitted to the rear of my 05 Toledo when I bought it. In the dry they are fine, in cold / damp conditions they are a nightmare. I have had two massive tail slides, the last one being at 25mph on a roundabout, which I only just managed to hold on to. The tyres have very little wear, but I will be changing them at the earliest opportunity.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2013