BFGoodrich gGrip

Show all: BFGoodrich tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The BFGoodrich gGrip is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 272,142 miles driven.

BFGoodrich gGrip

88%

95%

Tyre Test Results:

BFGoodrich gGrip Reviews

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.6TDI Monte Carlo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 19,000 average miles
I bought these Tyres as that's all they had in at the time when I'd had a blow out & I probably would never have gone for them as I'm a fan of the Uniroyal rainsport 2's, but Im so happy that I did, from the off they offered all round grip in wet and dry condition and never showed any signs of letting go, even on spirited drives and now when they are on the bar markers and grip is still great albeit I don't push it in the wet now, but all in all a great tyre, wear is great as I generally get about 12-15000 miles out of front tyres in my job and these are now on 19000 miles so I will deffo be getting another set.
tyre reviewed on August 1, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I have had them on my last two cars.A fiat punto 1.9 JTD and my current car which is a Ford Mondeo. They perform very well in all weather conditions and handle a fully loaded car very well and offer very good grip when towing my boat and other trailers. The dry grip is very good and you would struggle to spin the tyres in any gear apart from first.The wet grip is perfectly good for acceleration and cornering. The only problem that i have come across is that they dont wear that well but then it might have something to do with my heavy foot with 150hp and 270ft-pounds of tourque. The last tyres i had were michelin pilot sport and in the wet they would spin all the way up to third. so in summary i would buy them again and at £72.00 a corner you cant complain.
tyre reviewed on March 12, 2014
Looking to buy the BFGoodrich gGrip? Click here to search for the best price for the BFGoodrich gGrip or any other tyre.

Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 SE 2.0 TDI 136 (225-50-17-W)
Grip on dry or wet roads better than Potenzas, quieter than Potenzas, wear much better than Potenzas and much cheaper than potenzas. They do not have rim protectors but the curved wall gives excellent protection from curbing. Only strange thing is the flame pattern on side wall. Buy with confidence.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
run them on an Audi A6 allroad. they have done just over 30,000 miles of mixed driving, of which about 5000 miles towing a caravan.
tyre reviewed on December 4, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDI (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
I have has my A6 Avant 2.0 Tdi for 3 years 100,000 miles
The Goodrich are lasting up to 40,000 miles. My previous brand (Kumho KU39) lasted maximum 20,000
tyre reviewed on October 24, 2013
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat B4 (185-65-14-T)
Good in wet.Very good in dry. Ride is smooth.
tyre reviewed on August 23, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (175-60-14-)
Driving on mostly town for 30,000 spirited miles
Awesome tires, good duration, comfortable and safe and not too expensive. Sometimes bad in wet weather so slow down a bit more when going in curves.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2013
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 1.4 16v (185-55-15-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Bought these tyres based on generally good reviews for grip on wet roads, wear etc. Considering the wet climate in The Netherlands, this counts for me. Also, wear, because I don't like spending too much on the rubber.

I've had them fitted in september '12 and drive the car on a daily basis, mainly to work via motorway.

The tyres somewhat disappoint me! I haven't put that many miles on the clock since but still the front tyres are already starting to wear down quite a bit!

Also, the grip on the wet is just bad, bad, bad... I've had ABS take over when breaking just a bit harder than usual when people started to act like idiots in front of my while doing 80 mph... And just yesterday when exiting a roundabout just a little sportyer than usual, the front just goes all over the place.

And this is a 101 HP car weighing 1100+ kilo's...

So yes, the price is OK, not too noisy and the comfort is OK but I don't trust them too much on the wet in fast corners etc. Where I used to trust my old worn tyres to hold a straight line, on these I will slow down.
tyre reviewed on May 21, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 (205-55-16-V)
I have been massively impressed with these. I wasnt expecting to be frankly, £236 fitted for 4 tyres is very cheap. But....they are the smoothest riding tyre I have ever had on this car. I have run Pirelli, Conti, Hankook, Michelin etc on the same car in the same size and none has ever ridden as smoothly as these. They took about 200 miles to really start to come into their own though. I dont like very directional tyres as they tend to make the Audi tramline a little, and they are noisier, so these are a great compromise. They shed water very well and the ABS almost never cuts in unless I am testing the tyres! Havent used them in snow so cant comment however in the wet they are great. Not the be all and end all but very safe and controllable. I do think however that the wear rate will only be average, this car gets through front tyres but for the price I dont really mind. They are basically half the price of a Michelin! They suit the car very well and hang on forever grip wise which is important as I mostly drive on country lanes. Motorway stability is also very important and they score well there too. Definately recommended.
tyre reviewed on April 17, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205-55-16-V)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on April 16, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: