Falken Eurowinter HS01

The Falken Eurowinter HS01 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 28,670 miles driven.

2018 Autobild UHP Winter Tyre Test - 8th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good snow and wet braking, good comfort, well priced.
  • Negative - Slightly noisy, high rolling resistance.

2018 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good snow performance.
  • Negative - Weak in the wet, highest rolling resistance.

2018 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 8th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Balanced winter tyres with a good ability on on snow and dry roads. Best aquaplaning performance.
  • Negative - Average wet cornering.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken Eurowinter HS01
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Falken Eurowinter HS01. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Falken Eurowinter HS01 Review

Given 98% while driving a Fiat Stilo (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Was going to buy HS449 but they were out of stock, seller show me this Falken HS01, the
tyre look great similar to my older Alpine 4, I put them on car on rainy day the are great
on wet excelent on dry road, can wait to try them on snow, so far great tyre for excelent
price
177 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2016

Latest Falken Eurowinter HS01 Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken Eurowinter HS01 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eurowinter HS01.

Given 100% while driving a Chevrolet 2012 Cruze (205/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 4,970 average miles
It has the best performance in wet. You will not need to slow down in aqua. I used it in -10 Celcius degree icy road with no problem at 24-50mile per hour. At 100 mile per hour and above the road sound start and 111mile per hour it becomes unstable in dry road. After 4970 mile it weared 0,4mm. In my opinion it's very very good tyre to price.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2019
Given 79% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/55 R17 V) on mostly town for 1,200 average miles
Bought four of them on 2018 November for my 1.5 Ecoboost AWD Ford Kuga. Now I'm about to change them with summer ones (Michelin Latitude Tour HPs brought with the car) and I think I can make a reliable review.
From Premium class I looked for WinterContact and Ultragrip models. They were too pricey. And from mid class I checked Nokian WR SUV tyres. Even their price were much for me and after some search and tyre test read I learned about Falken tyres' cost/effective performances.
In short, I bought Falken Eurowinter HS01 tyres and used them mostly in cold whether, dry and rainy roads and a couple times on snowy mountain climbs and downs (Lately I learned about Eurowinter SUV series but they were not on market in Turkey).
Especially on rainy days tyres give me confidence comparing Latitude Tour HPs. Also dry grip is assuring. On snow I had no real grip loss but in some mini occasions they tidied up well maybe with the help of AWD as well. I didn't ride on an absolute icy road but I guess you may want a studded or more aggressive treaded tyre for those conditions.
It's been four months and tyre wear is normal. In my conditions I can use this set at least for another two seasons I guess. Car comfort and noise levels are normal. I slightly wonder if this set cause a very small rise on fuel consumption (+ 0,2-0,4 lt/100km) comparing Latitude Tour HPs but that may occur because of the winter conditions, etc. as well. I'm not really sure about this.
Overall in my mild winter conditions I needed a tyre which gives enough grip all in dry, wet and snowy conditions as well. And in this price level Eurowinter HS01 is among the best I think.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.4 TSI. 122bhp (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I have this tyres from 3000km ago and tested them on dry, wet and snow. They are a perfect choice in this range of price. They seem a bit noisy but they are winter tyres in the end, nothing too bad. Surely I will buy them again!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2019
Given 78% while driving a Fiat Seicento 1.1 MPI FIRE (sporting) (155/70 R13 T) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
I decided to try these tyres after a positice experience with a set of Falken summer tyres, the sincera sn832 ecorun.

I found these pretty good especially on dry and wet roads, they have good grip and the steering response is nearly as precise as the sn832.
Comfort and noise are more on the average side, but they seem to wear quite well at the moment. Snow performance is quite good but not fantastic.

In summary this tyre is quite dynamic and more dry/wet oriented. I would especially recommend them for milder climates where snow is rarer.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Bought them this year and I am really impressed by them in the wet. Superb handling and even better aquaplaning. In the snow they are confident as well. Haven't been over the limit yet wit them. Overall I will buy them again.
21 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2018