Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

The Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The new ZE310 tyre is the successor of the ZIEX ZE914 ECORUN, winner of numerous awards from testing organisations. It offers outstanding traction and grip on both wet and dry roads coupled with low wear.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 42,621 miles driven.

2019 ACE Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 8th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry and wet.
  • Negative - Understeer during wet handling, very high rolling resistance.

2019 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 10th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry and low wear.
  • Negative - Relatively weak in the wet.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

2018-12-31 - I’m looking to replace a set of bridgestones which came with my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo from new. It seems to be an awkward tyre size at 215/40/17. I was hoping for all seasons, but there’s only a choice of 2. So I decided on summer tyres. I’ve sort of narrowed it down to the Falken ZIEX ZE310 and the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. Which would you recommend ?

Both are excellent tyres, getting great reviews. The Hankook might have the edge in wear, but overall they're very similar tyres.

2019-08-05 - Is the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun suitable for a SUV 4x4 which is only used on road? My car is a 2014 ford Kuga 2.0 titanium powershift. 235 x 55 R17 tyres

As long as you meet the load index required by your SUV, there's no reason not to use the ZE310.

Top Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Review

Given 78% while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
New silica and new model tyre. I have bought them a few days ago.
Very silent. Most silent tyres I had the last 20 years.
Nice handling.

Cheaper than most other brands.
(30euro cheaper than dunlop and 50 euro cheaper than michelin)

Euro label - C A A 67db for 195 65 15
186 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2018

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun.

Given 100% while driving a Chevrolet Cruze LT3 1.6L (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
it's just really good and affordable tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Volvo v70 D5 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 12 average miles
I've had these fitted to my Volvo d5185 estate car for around 10 of the past 14 months (I fit winter tyres over the colder months) and they are now down to 2mm tread depth, having covered just 12,000 miles.
I always keep the pressures at 36psi and the tyres have worn nice and evenly. These were bought based on their high mileage claim, to say I'm disappointed is stating the obvious ! They gripped very well in both the wet and dry when new, but this performance has deteriorated slightly but noticeably over time. I consider these a mid priced range tyre, though based on the low mileage they have covered I would have been just as happy with the equally well performing Chinese 3A P606 tyres I had fitted previously, though there is a £50 price difference for a set of 4 tyres. I will try a premium brand such as Dunlop or Goodyear next to see if they provide better mileage.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 53% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
While a pair of them were fitted in the front, the steering response was very retarded during urgent manouvres. Then they were moved to the back (along with Bridgestones T005 in front) and while side holding is good, wet performance is terrible-they lost the grip on several occassions with no sign, while T005 were still gripping or signalling grip limit of this FWD car.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Citron c3 Picasso 1.6 diesel (195/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 500 easy going miles
I bought these tires because I wanted good tyres at a good price. I felt Michelin was a bit too expensive, but I was not after a cheap budget tyre since my previous experiences with Minerva F109 - they ended their life a bit too early. Falken has got good reviews in magazines and they have good prices, so I thought I give them a try.

Very good tires. My car was fitted from factory with Michelin Energy Saver. The Falkens feels quite similar to them. Low noise, very stable tyres, good grip in dry and wet, good resistance to aquaplaning. I feel that I have good control. The tyres are also comfortable, they soaks up bumps and imperfections well without feeling squishy or soft. Cars feels secure, and it holds the track very well.

Since the tyres are new, I've only driven them this summer, I can't really comment on the wear.
But I've driven them in sun and in heavy rain, hot and medium temperature, country roads and highways. I like them a lot, my car feels like it's brand new again (well, almost :) ). A very pleasing experience driving with these tyres on.

I've seen some magazine reviews complaining about high rolling resistance. But I would say that in real world driving this is not really a big issue.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Peugeot 207 1.4 16v (185/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
The 10-year-old Michelin Energy Saver was replaced. With the new Falken ZIEX ZE310 Ecorun tires after 5000 km I am satisfied. It adheres very well and does not slip when suddenly braking. It is safe on the water as well, nothing aquaplaning, you can safely go in high rain. I don't feel loud.
12 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2019