Fullrun HP199

Show all: Fullrun tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Fullrun HP199 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 60 tyre reviews averaging 35% over 393,750 miles driven.

Fullrun HP199

57%

26%

22%

Fullrun HP199 Reviews

Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 535d M Sport (225-45-17-)
Absolutely awfull
tyre reviewed on March 31, 2014
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C70 D5 LUX (235-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
I've just bought a second hand Volvo C70 shod with these tyres. I hadn't checked the make when I did the deal and, to be fair, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. Having now driven the vehicle on various different road surfaces my initial belief was that the horrendous noise was what I should expect from my first experience of such a low profile tyre. Your reviews, however, make it abundantly clear that Fullrun tyres have a big problem with design and manufacture. I think it's fair to say that they definitely score high of wear, but I'm afraid I have no intention of keeping them long enough to become an expert on their grip credentials! I've decided to swap for a set of Falken 225 40 18s ZE914s and will report back in due course. So I'm hoping that your Fullrun reviewer who made uncomplementary remarks about 'Asian' tyres is wrong; I've used both Falken, Hankook and Bridgestone tyres in the past and been very happy.
tyre reviewed on March 12, 2014
Looking to buy the Fullrun HP199? Click here to search for the best price for the Fullrun HP199 or any other tyre.

Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I bought an audi a8 with brand new hp199's on the back. I knew they were budget tyres, (something I never buy) but I left them on, hoping they would soon wear. 2 and a half years later, they still have 5mm tread on so I swapped them to the fronts to try and wear them out.....oh my god, the noise is horrendous, on an air sprung a8!!! Never had an issue with grip as I'm a relatively slow driver, but now the braking feels skittish when slowing from 50+ MPH. They are coming off ASAP. DO NOT buy these tyres, I have serious reservations about an emergency stop in the wet.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2014
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS200 (225-40-18-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
I lost the car because of one of these tyres. I had qaulity tyres on the car, had a puncture and put the spare on - an unused Fullrun still with the moulding pimples on it. 50 miles later the car spun out on a wet roundabout and I collided backwards with a lampost. Just driving at normal speeds along with everyone else. I got out unscathed but the car was written off. The thought at what could have happened...
I never buy cheap tyres, but this get-me-home spare cost me the car.

BUY IF YOU WANT TO DIE

Like others have said, you'd be safer bouncing down the road on a space hopper or juggling chainsaws on a unicycle.
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro (225-45-17-)
Awful, black rings of doom.
Back slides out in the wet all the time.

DO NOT BUY
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2014
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Discovery 2 (225-55-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Well for a budget tyre, I'm happy.

I wanted a new set of low cost boots for my Disco 2 and at £80/corner fitted they are on the money - quiet on ARoads and seem OK on motorway with little tram lining ( had my steering Geo reset at the same time)

Only done a handful of off-road trips but handle muddy tracks and wet fields without fuss, which is not bad for a low profile tyre. Road comfort is a bit harsh, but to be expected.

As for the pouring rain, I've yet to find a ditch but then I don't drive like a prat! When it snows I'm sure they'll be adequate, but we'll see.

Good VFM for me, - would BFG or Conti be twice as good for the money? Probably not....
tyre reviewed on January 6, 2014
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 Sport (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
Shouldn't be sold as tyre's. Should be sold as black dougnuts of death.
tyre reviewed on October 17, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
These tyre's are so bad I'm seriously contemplating driving on my brake disc's,,, they might provide better grip and noise level's.
tyre reviewed on October 17, 2013
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 523I (235-40-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
The worst tyres I have ever had. I fear for my life everytime I set out. No grip, extremely noisy and uncomfortable. If they hadn't been fitted on the car when I bought it I would be asking for my money back. I'm changing them this weekend despite there being plenty of tread - something I've never had to do before in 30 years of driving.
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2013
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 200 spirited miles
I had 2 fullrun tyres on the rear of my civic type R.
They were 225/40/18.

I did 200 miles with them then threw them away.
These are hands down the WORST tyres I have ever had.
At very slow cornering speeds there fine.
At moderate speeds in the wet there are so bad. The back end slides and bounces over the road.
In the warm and dry they still slid when cornering.
Very very dangerous tyres.

Just had some Goodyear eagle F1 2's put on and after 10 miles there as stable as my old potenza re050a's at hard and fast cornering.

Do not buy fullrun
tyre reviewed on September 12, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!