Fullrun HP199

Show all: Fullrun tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Fullrun HP199 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 66 tyre reviews averaging 34% over 424,950 miles driven.

Fullrun HP199

Fullrun HP199 Reviews

Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar S Type 2.7D (255-45-18-R)
Driving on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
Unfortunately these dreadful tyres were fitted on the car when I bought it 2 months ago. The road noise from these tyres is unbelievable, so much so that I booked my car into a garage as I thought the wheel bearing were worn. The mechanic checked over the car and told me the noise was from the tyres and although I still had 6mm of thread on all tyres I should replace them asap. It's quiet scary knowing that a deadly product like this is approved and sold as legal. Cut your losses, get rid. I think you simply get what you pay for so do not skimp when it comes to tyres or brakes.
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2015
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk4 1.9 GTTDi (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Road worthey deathtraps!!!
If you want a tyre that spends more time spinning in the wet then moving the car, these are the tyres for you.
tyre reviewed on June 24, 2015
Looking to buy the Fullrun HP199? Click here to search for the best price for the Fullrun HP199 or any other tyre.
Given 15% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-17-R)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Do not buy. You will kill yourself. Got a flat tyre could not be repaired and the tyre bay didn't say any thing to me about the make of tyre that was being but on paid top money for the tyre £85. Drove 200 yards to a round about (it was wet) the car was all over the place thought I had another flat drove straight back to the tyre bay. Found nothing wrong and was told the tyre would bed in, do I look that stupid. Took the car carefully to a well known tyre company and had it changed. THIS TYRE SHOULD NOT BE SOLD TO ANYONE.
tyre reviewed on May 22, 2015
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225-45-17-)
A serious risk to safety of yourself and all those around you. Noise is so bad that they drown out the sound of damaged wheel bearing. Potholes feel like small cliffs. Painting the edges of your rims black and leaving them off will do you a favour.
tyre reviewed on May 10, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225-40-18-W)
I had 4 of these terrible tyres on my 2002 Audi S3. It wasn't my choice - previous owner of the car bought them. There's absolutely nothing good about them except the low price. I say more: they are dangerous and should be banned from European market. Instability is their main feature and this applies to any condition. Comfort? I think the producer doesn't know what it is. Noise and vibration even at 20mph, the faster the worse. Rolling resistance is also high, which results in increased fuel consumption. Durability poor as well: shitty quality of the rubber means rapid aging, so even if you drive gently, the tyre will look old after just 2 years. Luckily, I hadn't any breakdown because of them but I needed to be very cautious and patient. Don't buy them - they are not worth a penny.
tyre reviewed on February 23, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (225-45-17-)
had these on my civic and it was fish tailing all over the place, these made the car sound like the bearings were gone. eventually got into a car accident and wrapped the car around a lamp post and and ended up in hospital. buy if u wana die.
tyre reviewed on December 13, 2014
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 535d M Sport (225-45-17-)
Absolutely awfull
tyre reviewed on March 31, 2014
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C70 D5 LUX (235-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
I've just bought a second hand Volvo C70 shod with these tyres. I hadn't checked the make when I did the deal and, to be fair, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. Having now driven the vehicle on various different road surfaces my initial belief was that the horrendous noise was what I should expect from my first experience of such a low profile tyre. Your reviews, however, make it abundantly clear that Fullrun tyres have a big problem with design and manufacture. I think it's fair to say that they definitely score high of wear, but I'm afraid I have no intention of keeping them long enough to become an expert on their grip credentials! I've decided to swap for a set of Falken 225 40 18s ZE914s and will report back in due course. So I'm hoping that your Fullrun reviewer who made uncomplementary remarks about 'Asian' tyres is wrong; I've used both Falken, Hankook and Bridgestone tyres in the past and been very happy.
tyre reviewed on March 12, 2014
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I bought an audi a8 with brand new hp199's on the back. I knew they were budget tyres, (something I never buy) but I left them on, hoping they would soon wear. 2 and a half years later, they still have 5mm tread on so I swapped them to the fronts to try and wear them out.....oh my god, the noise is horrendous, on an air sprung a8!!! Never had an issue with grip as I'm a relatively slow driver, but now the braking feels skittish when slowing from 50+ MPH. They are coming off ASAP. DO NOT buy these tyres, I have serious reservations about an emergency stop in the wet.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2014
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS200 (225-40-18-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 100 average miles
I lost the car because of one of these tyres. I had qaulity tyres on the car, had a puncture and put the spare on - an unused Fullrun still with the moulding pimples on it. 50 miles later the car spun out on a wet roundabout and I collided backwards with a lampost. Just driving at normal speeds along with everyone else. I got out unscathed but the car was written off. The thought at what could have happened...
I never buy cheap tyres, but this get-me-home spare cost me the car.

Like others have said, you'd be safer bouncing down the road on a space hopper or juggling chainsaws on a unicycle.
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: