Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

Progressiveness 72%
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Tyre review data from 149 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 2,204,801 miles driven.

Sorry, the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet
225/35 R19 84Y
285/35 R19 99Y
285/35 R19 99Y   F B 67 16.78kgs
245/40 R19 94Y   F B 66 12.88kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

205/45 R16 £62.85 - £83.36 (8 prices) Compare Prices >>

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 Reviews

Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Panda (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
A poor tyre in my opinion. It grips fine in the dry (like every other tyre on sale), but has no real directional stability... Off centre the car darts this way and that. Once into a corner with a little lock on, all's well, the breakaway is progressive, and all feels fine. Traction isn't great (195 tyres on for 100hp 1.4 should be more than enough!) but wheelspin coming out of corners is common.

In the wet I feel they are ok. Standing water, and general motorway confidence is fine, and with smooth inputs you can still travel quickly on b-roads. Sharp inputs - inputs I'd expect a car to understeer from but still actually turn(!) aren't great in the wet (or damp) though. I expect more from a tyre.

All in all, if I have to replace my tyres I'll probably get another couple of these (standard fit, and there's nothing else good in my size), but I'd be looking for something more modern these days.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
This tyre gives me a lot of confidence in the wet. The way it cuts through water is much better than my last set of tyres. Cornering and braking is excellent too.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 JTD (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 6,215 spirited miles
These tyres are fantastic. Their grip is spectacular. I don't know why some people put a bad comments on these tyres, probably they had them already on their car and they wore out... I have put them brand new. Wet grip is fabulous, like I'm driving on dry surface. They are a littlebit noisy, and this is only reason why I gave them a grade 9 of 10. I'm sorry that this model of tyre is discontinued of production in Europe. My set is made in Germany, and this model is still producing in USA, and Asia...
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2013
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (210/50 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Got is set of tyres with my car .
Almost got into a accident turning in a bend , skid at around 35km/hr in a car park when it was wet . Immediately change to S drive which was good and had long wear .

This set of tyre was quite bad in wet , unassured handling ...

Would never buy it again
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Suzuki swift sport (195/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Tyres come on car from new and in my opinion are fantastic and grip superbly fairly speedy driving aswell
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2013
Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I needto update my original review but cannot find it.

I used these tyres last summer, grio fantastic (once warmed up) etc. Shortly after putting them back on for this summer I notice a rythmic humming noise coming from somewhere, just like a differential on the way out.

After a bit of swopping them back for the Winter tyres (in pairs of course) I have found that

1) The noise is coming from the GSD3 tyres
2) If you check the tyres after the car has been standing overnight, all 4 show a flat spot where the tyre touches the ground
3) If the tyres are stored on their side (as they are over Winter) for just a couple of days the flat spot disappears, but not the noise.
4) After a run of about 10 miles the flat spot almost disappears, but not the noise.
5) in all cases the tread depth is even all round the tyre

The oldest tyre is date 5108, the two newest are 3711 and 3911, and the wheels are stored on their side during the Winter

Two of the tyres have had 2 summer's use, the other two just one summer - and a short one at that.

These particular tyres are the most expensive I have ever bought (205/50/16 on an MX5 mk3) and I am not happy about having to fork out several hundred pounds to replace them.

I've always bought Goodyear as the tyre of choice, and have recommended them to others. I can no longer do either
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2013
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325i M Sport (265/30 R19) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Had these fitted to my BMW 325ci. Excellent dry grip and feel I was at first really impressed. However, after a couple of years and still with plenty of tread I had major problems with what I thought was wheel balancing, after re-balancing on several occasions at independent tyre fitters, changing wheels thinking they were buckled to BMW balancing the wheels whilst fitted to the car, my dealer concluded That 3 out of the 4 GSD3 tyres fitted to my car were buckled. I immediately changed all 4 tyres to Falken FK452 with no problems, would not use Goodyear again.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
I've had several tyre combinations on this car and the Eagle F1 GSD3 is the one that offered the best of all worlds. I've been using these for years now, and covered many miles.
I'd rate the feedback as excellent and the wet performance and cold weather performance as surprisingly good.
Downsides: wears quite fast depending on driving style. Quite expensive.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Corsa C (205/45 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
No Comments Left
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Renault 19 (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Have them on my Renault 19 16v for near 10 years now. Tyres haven't really wore down anything visible yet. Look well on the car and happy with grip in both dry and wet weather.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2013