Kumho Ecsta HS51

The Kumho Ecsta HS51 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 329,705 miles driven.

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Long braking distances in the dry and wet, high rolling resistance, low comfort.

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 8th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet
  • Negative - Slightly weak in the dry when compared to the best on test

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 13th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta HS51

Questions and Answers for the Kumho Ecsta HS51

2016-07-24 - Looking to have 4 new tyres 215-55-16 to my Mercedes E280. Which would you recommend, HS31, HS51, or any other. Awaiting reply before purchasing.

Tyre choice depends a lot on driving style and what you priorities from a tyre's performance. The last test the Kumho HS51 was included in didn't go so well, so we'd suggest reading this test and selecting a tyre which scored a little better.

Top Kumho Ecsta HS51 Review

Given 97% while driving a Kia Motors Cerato 2 litre auto (Tiptronic) (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Excellent tyre for summer and even winter on wet road. Very quite and comfort & excellent grip on wet and dry conditions.
One of the best tyre which I bought and i'll buy again.
268 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2016

Latest Kumho Ecsta HS51 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Ecsta HS51 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ecsta HS51.

Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 32,000 average miles
I have these tyres for 3 years
Done 32,000 Miles on them
Very good in all conditions like having a perineum brand fitted .
I recommend them to all because its quality & price
1 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2019
Given 60% while driving a MINI Clubman (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Just had these tires fitted on my 2005 Mini Cooper S Chilli, so far I’ve done about 100km, I’ll update the review once the tyres have been worn in. So far they seem OK, although I probably wouldn’t get them again on this car. Dry grip seems more than fine, a hell of a lot better than the old Pirelli Cinturato P7 runflats that were on the vehicle (although these tires were on their last legs when I bought the car), and seem to handle 170fwhp and 220nm of torque easily. So far I have not experienced any understeer when accelerating hard around a corner, which is fairly impressive in front wheel drive sports car. From what I have heard, wet grip is also more than adequate. Tires are 380 treadwear so should last for a decent amount of time. My problem with the tires are road feedback, are lack thereof. The steering feel has become noticeably lighter and less direct since installing these tires, I don’t seem to be getting any acceptable level of steering feedback which is somewhat disconcerting in a high performance vehicle. The car feels less connected to the road, although does have noticeably more grip than before, without having experienced the car on fresh tires previously, I can’t say if this is normal or not. The tires are not yet broken in, so I’ll have to see if my experience changes over time. So far I’m not super impressed. One merit of these tires is that road noise is absolutely non existent.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Toyota Avensis (205/60 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 27,000 average miles
Im very impressed!!!better than pirelli p7 and michelin i fitted before with better price.never failed in wet or dry on and after 42000 km i felt that something goes wrong so i fitted new.im sure that would be good for more km
15 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2019
Given 62% while driving a BMW 530D M sport (275/30 R19 W) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I have Kuhmo 275/39/19 96y fitted to my 2005 BMWE60 530d msport, I have just had to get a taxi home from Swansea to London because for the second time in 18 months I have had a blow out on the M4 whilst travelling at speed. Both times the tyre has failed on the inner wall with the tyre instantly going flat. A large section of tyre has blown out approx three inches long with a hole that I could push my finger all the way in. As I said earlier this is the second time and both times it has been a inner wall failure. Has anybody else experienced this problem and do they know if Kuhmo are aware of this possible design fault or am I just unlucky?
28 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
These tyres , specially HS51 Escata ,
One of the best i ever fitted on my car
On them (25,000 Miles) in all aspects are great i recommend all to buy these
Wet performance is very good excellent , no need have very exp Premium brands
16 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019