Nexen N Blue HD+

The Nexen N Blue HD Plus is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 39 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 200,300 miles driven.

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Acceptable handling.
  • Negative - Relatively wea dry and wet grip.

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 13th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Very quiet
  • Negative - Highest fuel use, high wear

2018 Gute Fahrt Summer Tyre Test - 8th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good wet braking and handling
  • Negative - Average dry performance.
  • Overall - Good.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

2016-12-26 - I have just purchased the Nexen N Blue HD 255/55/R17 for my VW Tiguan to replace the worn out Purelli. I was told to keep both the front and back infalted at 32. However when I exceed a certain speed, say 60mph, they tend to become rather noisy, giving that 'unsafe' feeling. Moreover they give the impression that they are a bit 'flat'. I inflated them up to 36, both front and back, and the noise, though still audible, decreased a lot. Any idea whether it is ok to have them inflated at 36, and whether they can give a better performance if inflated a bit more, say 38 front and 40 back?

While it's always advisable to start with the manufacturer's recommended pressures, there is scope to move tyre pressures safely a few PSI in either direction depending on personal preference. That said, moving the tyres, especially the rear up to 40 psi will reduce overall grip at the rear and likely give you uneven, centre wear, which could result in noise as the tyres wear down, so any extreme adjustments you make need to be carefully considered and monitored.

2017-05-15 - I am thinking of buying these Nexen tyres for my 1 yr old Suzuki Vitara (new model) would you recommend buying XL or 'reinforced' types as opposed to the normal tyres. There is no indication in the car's handbook as to which to buy. I live in the north of England where it rains about half of the year. Also, is there a tyre more suitable without spending a lot more as it is just used as a family runabout? Thought about Uniroyal as they seem to score higher for wet roads but wear out quite a lot faster and their dry performance is somewhat questionable. PS the car is the petrol model which has firmer suspension than the diesel (supported by Suzuki)

As long as you meet the minimum load rating recommended by the manufacturer whether you order XL or not is down to preference, and whether to plan to carry heavy loads. In theory, the XL version of the Nexen N Blue HD+ will have a slightly better steering response while the non-XL version will have slightly better comfort.

2018-11-30 - Hi I’ve just had these in 16” fitted to my combo van are these upto the job. As I asked the dealer for r16c’s as what was currently on the van.

As long as they meet the size and load rating specified by the vehicle they are legal to fit, usually C (cargo) tyres have a higher load rating and stronger sidewalls so you might not have the right tyres fitted, it's worth double checking.

Top Nexen N Blue HD Plus Review

Given 100% while driving a Audi 80 2.0E Sport (195/60 R14) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Absolutely brilliant. Very good price, amazing grip wet and dry. Fitted to an old Audi which is very front heavy and is prone to understeer, never had any understeer or lack of grip since fitting and the car gets driven hard.
248 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2016

Latest Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue HD Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Blue HD Plus.

Given 96% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 miles
Satisfied.Very good tyres. I've bought first pair in 2016 and second in 2017. I saw test review in Auto Bild 2015 summer tyre test. They took 4th place and were better than some majors...Bought it because Seat Ibiza is a harder trimmed car and with these soft tyres I compensate bumpy cracked roads here in Serbia and Hungary. Very soft,good handling,quiet....we were 4 times in Greece during a hot summer and they made about 25.000 km. First tyres that were fitted on Ibiza were Dunlop Sport 2000 and were very bad and so hard and they were losing they diameter after 10.000km....and only I can say that Nexens are awesome. Good in braking,good on highway and local way and good in curves,only problem is a bit higher wear because they are soft but for me quite ok...My recommendations. I'll buy them again. Mid range,not premium but are very close.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2019
Given 51% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 6,300 average miles
They are decent tyres on both dry and wet, but if they’re pushed a little bit to hard the tyres will lose grip.
One of the downsizes of these tyres, is tyre wear.. after 10.000 km I found some nasty ruptures ( 3-4 cm long) along the rolling surface and also the tyres started wobbling .
2 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Fiat Cinquecento ED (145/70 R13) on for 500 miles
I bought these tyres after having difficulty in finding a premium make that I wanted in this small size, these are certainly proving to be the next best thing. Very good in the wet, albeit obviously on a low powered car. So far they feel perfectly safe and stable in all conditions. We'll worth considering, at least on small to medium vehicles.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Volvo V40 Estate (195/60 R15 V) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
After reading many review i decided to give them a chance.
Overall al very good summer tyre,
I would like to make a special remark about nowaday tyres (michelin energy saver plus and goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2) these 2 types of tyres always look like underinflated (sidewalls) even at normal or higher tyre pressure. For my car an 2002 Volvo V40 115HP, they gave my car more like a floating feeling (both straights and turns).
I recently drove with a friends VW california 2019 with also the goodyear Vectors 4 seasons gen 2, now it was overwelming, at highway speed the van needed to be corrected all the time... more like sailing than driving.
Its like a contradiction but some confortable tyres on some models of cars are the opposite of that.
The nexens hd plus keeps my volvo much more controlable and easy to drive, than the 2 more expensive tyres, best tyre i had for my car.
Dont trust all the professional reviews, some of them gave these tyre very good results in the wet, some gave it dangerous properties in the wet so they coudnt possibly recommend it... Also read a review here from an uncontollable rent car in greece with these nexens, are you sure the steering wasnt damaged after an accident????
Some reviews are very hard to believe, ABS that refuses to lock or unlock them , or locks itself because of these tyres? Stil dont get it, haha
Very happy with my first budget tyre (44euro/piece). Very good control at highway speeds in Belgium and Germany (at 150kmh) I recommend them and feel safe with them as summer tyres (my winter tyres are conti wintercontact ts850, also very verry good).
Greetings from Ghent (Be)...
4 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2019