Nexen N Blue HD Plus

The Nexen N Blue HD Plus is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 102,100 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 ACE Mid Range Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

2015 Auto Bild Top 18 Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 18 tyres

• Positive - Well balanced and low-cost eco tires with safe handling qualities in both wet and dry as well as short braking distances. Low noise.
  • Negative - Only average wear.

2015 Market Overview - Braking Test - 6th of 53 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue HD Plus

2016-12-26 - I have just purchased the Nexen N Blue HD 255/55/R17 for my VW Tiguan to replace the worn out Purelli. I was told to keep both the front and back infalted at 32. However when I exceed a certain speed, say 60mph, they tend to become rather noisy, giving that 'unsafe' feeling. Moreover they give the impression that they are a bit 'flat'. I inflated them up to 36, both front and back, and the noise, though still audible, decreased a lot. Any idea whether it is ok to have them inflated at 36, and whether they can give a better performance if inflated a bit more, say 38 front and 40 back?

While it's always advisable to start with the manufacturer's recommended pressures, there is scope to move tyre pressures safely a few PSI in either direction depending on personal preference. That said, moving the tyres, especially the rear up to 40 psi will reduce overall grip at the rear and likely give you uneven, centre wear, which could result in noise as the tyres wear down, so any extreme adjustments you make need to be carefully considered and monitored.

2017-05-15 - I am thinking of buying these Nexen tyres for my 1 yr old Suzuki Vitara (new model) would you recommend buying XL or 'reinforced' types as opposed to the normal tyres. There is no indication in the car's handbook as to which to buy. I live in the north of England where it rains about half of the year. Also, is there a tyre more suitable without spending a lot more as it is just used as a family runabout? Thought about Uniroyal as they seem to score higher for wet roads but wear out quite a lot faster and their dry performance is somewhat questionable. PS the car is the petrol model which has firmer suspension than the diesel (supported by Suzuki)

As long as you meet the minimum load rating recommended by the manufacturer whether you order XL or not is down to preference, and whether to plan to carry heavy loads. In theory, the XL version of the Nexen N Blue HD+ will have a slightly better steering response while the non-XL version will have slightly better comfort.

Top Nexen N Blue HD Plus Review

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 80 2.0E Sport (195/60 R14) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Absolutely brilliant. Very good price, amazing grip wet and dry. Fitted to an old Audi which is very front heavy and is prone to understeer, never had any understeer or lack of grip since fitting and the car gets driven hard.
158 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2016

Latest Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue HD Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Blue HD Plus.

Given 68% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar s type 2.5 (225/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
"First I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without Michelin's by my side
And I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong and I learned how to get along."
Seriously, previously I would not even think about lifting my leg to release myself on tires like Nexen.
I used these Nexen tires for a few months as a backup reserve while I was waiting for my new Michelin Primacy 4 to be delivered/released, just so that the car would have some emergency "crutches" to stand on for a while.
And seriously, the first time I hit the road with these used but still fully threaded Nexen tires, I was indeed afraid, I was indeed petrified.
And now, after slowly starting from ca 5 km/h speed and eventually trying these tires up to ca 160 km/h speed......with egg all over my face, I admit, it is good tires, there is nothing wrong with them, at least nothing wrong using them, I do not know about quality and construction, they are however approved for V speed (240 km/h) so they can probably not be too bad.
Stable in straights and normal curvy roads, good braking in dry, relatively comfortable and very quiet.
They are not the most grippy tires in curves but it is acceptable and controllable, for normal driving you wont notice.
Not perfect in wet but also acceptable, in my estimate they do have a noticeable longer braking distance than premium tires in wet, this might be their biggest drawback, but still it is not disastrous.
And now that I have received my Michelin's P4 I kind of miss the Nexen tires, with Nexen comfort was better, noise were lower and surprisingly the direction stability was perfect with Nexen, with Michelin a weird little unstable experience.
It is the same standard size I always used.
I find myself being a little bit let down by Michelin these days and "crutches" like Nexen and some other budget brands are on their way up, sometimes equal and sometimes even beyond their "forefathers"....
But be careful, the absolute majority of budget tires are still bad and dangerous, the Nexen is one of the very few that seems to have made it, at least with this model.
I am honestly not sure which tires I would choose between Nexen and P4, I can confirm that I would definitely prefer the Nexen over the Michelin Primacy 3 which I really did not like.
Soon I will probably buy a Kia and get rid of my little collection of western decadence......and live in the rain-forest.....
6 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2018
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia GT 193hp (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
In April 2015 I wrote the first review for these tyres. After about 17. 000 kms , I think it is high time I wrote a well experienced review. Well, dry grip is very good and never had a problem, wet grip is outstanding and equal to the top premium tyres. They are very stable at speeds of 180km/hour and their breaking performance never let me down. Even in snow they were very cooperative in my surprise. The comfort levels is an other “strong” point for these Nexens. Overall, those Tyres are ok for my daily needs. Their sidewall is quite soft and this is something you have to cope with. My car, a Skoda Octavia remapped at 240hp with plenty of torque turns hard and make them squeeze while the car rolls on them. So, I keep tyre pressure at 36,5-38 psi ( 2.5-2.6 bars ) and still the comfort is ok. Octavia is a front heavy car but the grooves are still at 5.8- 6 mm after 17.000kms, having a 1mm wear (6.8 when they were new. I will never suggest or say to someone to avoid buying a tyre model. My experience has taught me that it is a very personal choice and the only I can say is that I never had a problem because of these Nexens, I am completely satisfied and I would buy them again but all these are based on my PERSONAL needs. It is up to the driver to search and find the best for him/her. I hope I have helped you! Drive carefully and remember, your safety is in your hands. Have safe and well driven trips always!!!
14 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2017
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Matra Murena (205/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
It's hard to find good tyres for a Matra Murena. These Nexen tyres sit on 15" wheels and perform outstanding. The Murena is a different car than usual with rear-wheel drive and an almost even weight distribution. The Nexen's keeps their grip at the front, even with rainy weather and since they have a rather hard side respons is fast and accurate.

I am very happy with these tyres, even if before I had never heard of this Korean and was a bit sceptical.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2017
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra J Sports Tourer (225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
A pleasant surprise these pnues, both dry and wet. Nice bearing. Would buy again, no doubt. Highly recommend.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2017