Runway ENDURO 916 Plus

Show all: Runway tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Runway ENDURO 916 Plus is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 38 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 433,084 miles driven.

Runway ENDURO 916 Plus

44%

49%

Tyre Test Results:

Runway ENDURO 916 Plus Reviews

Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai coupe 2.7 V6 (215-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10 spirited miles
I had four of these tyres on my coupe when i bought the car.
its been a year now and i have only done 9k on them.. the rear are like new still and the fronts i changed yesterday as the tread on the sides wher gone but still about 3mm left on the centre.
As you know these tyres are budget so dont expect miracles.. they are decent on dry very grippy and responsive but ok in the wet if u are carefull lol.
i would recomend them if your on a budget.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2014
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Ford c-max (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
In a Ford C-MAX with 18'' wheels and ESP they still behave very good, but the noise is absolutely incredible. But I really mean it. I've never, ever experienced road noise like that.
tyre reviewed on February 5, 2014
Looking to buy the Runway ENDURO 916 Plus? Click here to search for the best price for the Runway ENDURO 916 Plus or any other tyre.

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (205-40-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 29,000 easy going miles
When I saw the reviews about this tyre I was quite shocked at how low their rating was, this is more than just an average tyre guys.

I’ve been running Enduro 916 Runways for about 6 years now on the back of my 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo with 17” rims, my tyre size is 205/40 and they have worn incredibly well I’m now at the end of my second set of these and both sets covered just under 30 K miles each set which is quite an achievement for a rear wheel sports car but then again I don’t drive like a loon, they have done me proud over the last 6 years and I’ve driven my little sports car in some of the hardest conditions known to man, they have performed absolutely brilliantly in all hardcore weather.

I went for this tyre because it carries the M+S label and I wanted all weather tyres because summer tyres on a rwd car is dodgy at the best of times even in the summer months and don’t even go there when it comes to using summer tyres in the winter, lol lets put it this way when I first had my MR2 it came with summer tyres on and it taut me how to drive with skill in the winter haha it was like driving on a flipping ice rink, anyway getting back to what I was saying.. yea I wanted an all weather tyre that I wouldn’t have to un-mount in the summer and the enduro seemed the perfect choice for my low budget, the only snag I would say might cause issues to others is they can be quite loud in the summer months but when you look at the tread pattern it’s hardly surprising, I lived with it because I’m partially deaf lol but more importantly I know they were gripping the road well for which they did in all conditions.

One thing I would like to highlight about these are their ability in snow, I do a 60 miles trip to work and back every day and my rout is packed full of killer hills that would make Everest look like a speed bump! and in the winter this rout gets very dangerous and leaden with snow, ice and god knows what have you and I judge a tyre on how well it can perform on this route, I never once got stuck in 6 years, the car stormed through serious snow, it’s quite funny when there’s me in a little rear wheel sports car going up serious hills and you have 4x4s stuck at the bottom haha I’ve had some looks as to say “Huuuh” and yet my car sits quite low to the ground which is another plus for these tyres, so yea from my experience of these tyres I honestly cant say a bad word about them, I’m now changing back to my original Toyota 15” wheels as 17” are to hard a ride for me now, but smaller enduros are harder to find and as I mount my own tyres I can’t seem to buy them online as well as the 17” ones so I’m fitting on 205/55 Toyo S953 all weather tyres so I wait and see how they perform against the Enduro'S
tyre reviewed on October 23, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Coupe 1.7 Petrol. (225-45-17-)
Horrible tires, but what else do you expect? I can't really say these tires are bad, because they're budget tires, I mean, it's better than driving on the rim. I can't go to MCDonalds and complain the food sucks, right?

Dry grip is average, grip in rain is below average. I get wheel hop easily when wet, and my car is slow.

Very noisy, they make a whirring sound like a bad wheel bearing, or an electric generator starting up. The sound gets louder as you speed up until it's a long solid humming noise. You have to roll up your windows and turn the music all the way up to drown out the noise.

Even though this tire is all season, do not use these in the winter, you will die.
tyre reviewed on September 17, 2013
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225-40-18-W)
These were fitted new to my vrs when a purchased it from a main dealer and i was expecting to be dumping them after a few hundred miles,but i have to say i'm supprised ! yes they are noisey but they seem to grip ok in the wet and dry and arent too bad for a budget tyre.
When i comes to replacement time i will be going for something better.
tyre reviewed on June 7, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 3.0 convertible (235-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
I am on my second set of the enduro 916 plus 235/45 r17, my first set lasted 3years and still had tread left was really suprised how well they worn. The tread patern looks great and haddles well in the wet. For the price it is definitely worth considering.
tyre reviewed on March 17, 2013
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio V6 (225-40-18-)
I purchase my car 5 months ago and these tyres had been fitted by the previous owner. Now with the Clio V6 being rwd and being known for being tail happy in especially in the wet I was apprehensive with winter fast approaching. I have however been very surprised, the tyres grip far better than I'd expected, even in the wet.
tyre reviewed on February 22, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (215-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 40,000 spirited miles
Considering these are a cheap budget tire they are very good tires I get about 4 years out of these on hard driving which is about 40k, I have a 1993 RWD Toyota MR2 Turbo and I have these in 215 40 on a 17" rim, I'm currently on the second set on the rear and they have served me well, as with any rear wheel drive car they are a nightmare in the wet and snow on conventional summer tires so I opted for these some years ago as they were Mud and Snow so I thought I would see how well they fared against the truly awful seriously slippery summer tires I had on before, my conclusion is this...WOW! I can now take my motor out in the Snow and they grip the hills like it was summer time, this year was the worst snow I'd ever seen and I thought I would be pushing it taking a RWD sports car in these conditions but it muscled it's way though like a 4x4 and plus wet weather performance is also great too with no back end snaps, I'm coming up to a tire change on the back which will be the 3rd set so I will order these in and again fit them my self, the only down side to these is the noise level, they are quite noisy in the summer when it's warm but then again with this tread pattern it's going to be but in the winter they are silent due to the colder temps.
tyre reviewed on February 16, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 323 Touring (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
I JUST BOUGHT A SET OF THE ENDURO 916 PLUS FOR MY BMW 3 SERIES AND IM SUPER HAPPY WITH THEM. I CAN FEEL THE RIDE IS SOFTER FEEL WITH A GREAT GRIP OF THE ROAD. I DONT HEAR THE NOISE FROM THE TIRES AND THE PRICES IS GREAT. YOU CAN
tyre reviewed on February 14, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Omega Estate (RWD) (225-55-16-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100,000 spirited miles
Very pleased for the money, these perform at least as well as the Goodyear NCTs that were fitted when I bought the car.

The Omega is very sensitive to chassis settings, which take time to get right. My car has Police spec shocks and springs with polybushes front and rear, making for a slightly firm ride.I use the car as a taxi, running with full load tyre pressures.

The Runways are a bit noisy on a dry road owing to quite an aggressive tread. The upside of this is that they perform well in heavy rain and snow.

I find these tyre well matched to a properly set up Omega chassis and also my driving style. I will continue to fit them as long as they are available.
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!