Runway ENDURO 916 Plus

Progressiveness 56%
Runway ENDURO 916 Plus

The Runway ENDURO 916 Plus is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 43 tyre reviews averaging 55% over 476,384 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Runway ENDURO 916 Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Runway ENDURO 916 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Runway ENDURO 916 Plus Reviews

Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 2.0 cdti Tourer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
My secondhand Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Automatic came fitted with Runway Enduro 916+ Sport tyres (225 45 17 94W). To retain matching tyres, when new stock was not freely available, I sourced secondhand part worn tyres.
Pros: During 18,000 miles, at no time did the tyres seem unsafe. I was impressed by how well the car handled in all conditions including cornering, fast roundabouts and once in forced heavy braking in the wet.
Cons: The tyre road noise was noisy on all but the smoothest of tarmac surfaces. At vehicle manufacturers recommended pressures the tyres wore at the edges quicker than the centres.
As all four tyres are soon to be replaced I am considering changing to Michelin Cross Climates.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2016
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Terrible tyres lasted just over 10k then one of the tyre walls collapsed at 70 mph.
Replaced with Michelin Cross climates......great tyres!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2016
Given 15% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Absolute rubbish, they were already on my car when I bought it. The droning noise they made was so bad I thought a wheel bearing had gone, the steering felt dead, ride was very harsh. Replaced them at the earliest opportunity with a quality brand, the car was immediately transformed and is now a joy to drive.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Transporter T4 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Fair price , Looks a good tyre , Disappointing they only lasted 18months and 14,000miles
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2015
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5 AWD SPORT (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
Just put a couple of these on my X type and wish I hadn't. They look the part but are the worst tyres I have ever bought. I thought the road noise was bad with them on the rear so swapped them onto the front and they are 10 times worse. They then get 20 times worse when you turn a corner, so much so that pedestrians turn round to see where the helicopter is landing!!! Going to see if I can get a refund or exchange. DO NOT CHANCE THEM, THEY'RE CRAP.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai coupe 2.7 V6 (215/45 R17) on mostly town for 10 spirited miles
I had four of these tyres on my coupe when i bought the car.
its been a year now and i have only done 9k on them.. the rear are like new still and the fronts i changed yesterday as the tread on the sides wher gone but still about 3mm left on the centre.
As you know these tyres are budget so dont expect miracles.. they are decent on dry very grippy and responsive but ok in the wet if u are carefull lol.
i would recomend them if your on a budget.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2014
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Ford c max (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
In a Ford C-MAX with 18'' wheels and ESP they still behave very good, but the noise is absolutely incredible. But I really mean it. I've never, ever experienced road noise like that.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 29,000 easy going miles
When I saw the reviews about this tyre I was quite shocked at how low their rating was, this is more than just an average tyre guys.

I’ve been running Enduro 916 Runways for about 6 years now on the back of my 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo with 17” rims, my tyre size is 205/40 and they have worn incredibly well I’m now at the end of my second set of these and both sets covered just under 30 K miles each set which is quite an achievement for a rear wheel sports car but then again I don’t drive like a loon, they have done me proud over the last 6 years and I’ve driven my little sports car in some of the hardest conditions known to man, they have performed absolutely brilliantly in all hardcore weather.

I went for this tyre because it carries the M+S label and I wanted all weather tyres because summer tyres on a rwd car is dodgy at the best of times even in the summer months and don’t even go there when it comes to using summer tyres in the winter, lol lets put it this way when I first had my MR2 it came with summer tyres on and it taut me how to drive with skill in the winter haha it was like driving on a flipping ice rink, anyway getting back to what I was saying.. yea I wanted an all weather tyre that I wouldn’t have to un-mount in the summer and the enduro seemed the perfect choice for my low budget, the only snag I would say might cause issues to others is they can be quite loud in the summer months but when you look at the tread pattern it’s hardly surprising, I lived with it because I’m partially deaf lol but more importantly I know they were gripping the road well for which they did in all conditions.

One thing I would like to highlight about these are their ability in snow, I do a 60 miles trip to work and back every day and my rout is packed full of killer hills that would make Everest look like a speed bump! and in the winter this rout gets very dangerous and leaden with snow, ice and god knows what have you and I judge a tyre on how well it can perform on this route, I never once got stuck in 6 years, the car stormed through serious snow, it’s quite funny when there’s me in a little rear wheel sports car going up serious hills and you have 4x4s stuck at the bottom haha I’ve had some looks as to say “Huuuh” and yet my car sits quite low to the ground which is another plus for these tyres, so yea from my experience of these tyres I honestly cant say a bad word about them, I’m now changing back to my original Toyota 15” wheels as 17” are to hard a ride for me now, but smaller enduros are harder to find and as I mount my own tyres I can’t seem to buy them online as well as the 17” ones so I’m fitting on 205/55 Toyo S953 all weather tyres so I wait and see how they perform against the Enduro'S
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Coupe 1.7 Petrol. (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Horrible tires, but what else do you expect? I can't really say these tires are bad, because they're budget tires, I mean, it's better than driving on the rim. I can't go to MCDonalds and complain the food sucks, right?

Dry grip is average, grip in rain is below average. I get wheel hop easily when wet, and my car is slow.

Very noisy, they make a whirring sound like a bad wheel bearing, or an electric generator starting up. The sound gets louder as you speed up until it's a long solid humming noise. You have to roll up your windows and turn the music all the way up to drown out the noise.

Even though this tire is all season, do not use these in the winter, you will die.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2013
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
These were fitted new to my vrs when a purchased it from a main dealer and i was expecting to be dumping them after a few hundred miles,but i have to say i'm supprised ! yes they are noisey but they seem to grip ok in the wet and dry and arent too bad for a budget tyre.
When i comes to replacement time i will be going for something better.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2013