Sonar SX2

The Sonar SX2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 96,926 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 43rd of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sonar SX2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sonar SX2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Sonar SX2 Review

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 26 spirited miles
When being offered these as an alternative to the mid range brand I usually buy, for our fleet of vehicles, at a cheaper price, I thought I would be getting a budget tyre!
By golly, these are no budget tyre, I am getting more miles and much better performance while saving money.
30 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2015

Latest Sonar SX2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sonar SX2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SX2.

Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 3 series (225/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I drive a 1986 BMW E30/2.5 liter stock engine [168HP].I first had Linglong tires which were as stable as jello.The tire dealer said that Sonar was recommended by BMW co and replaced the Linglongs. The dry road performance was nothing to write home about and I thought they''d handle well in the rain,but as soon as we started to have rain I was like a stuntman driving on the worst tires money can buy !! I have driven tens of cars in my life and I never experienced anything worse or more dangerous !
0 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 Kompressor Elegance Se saloon (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 47,000 spirited miles
Drive a C180 and clock over 40k miles a years. Bought mine in Mar 2016 and only just reached the faded markers / indicators. That's a year and 4 months. Well impressed
1 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2017
Looking for the best tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530D (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Lethal in the wet!!!
DO NOT BUY!
8 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2016
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 1 series (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Good in the dry, ok noise for a budget tire.
Want to live? Dont buy those if you're living in a place with alot of bends and rainy weather!

Changing for Dunlop Sportmaxx RT as soon as possible! Life is to valuble to waste on bugdet tires!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2016
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MR2 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Partially my own fault for not spending more considering it's a sports car I drive.

Very hard wearing and decent enough in the dry but absolutely useless in the wet with zero progressive warning when they are about to let go.

A good buy for an average runaround and for someone that is only really concerned about getting thousands of miles from a tyre, other than that I would avoid.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2015