Yokohama S306

The Yokohama S306 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 184,050 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama S306
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama S306
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama S306. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama S306 Review

Given 76% while driving a Nissan GTiR (200/45 R16) on track for 50 spirited miles
I’ve used these tyres on my car for the last 6 years, mainly due to their cost and longevity. On track they are somewhat surprisingly good…in the dry!
They take about 3 laps to get to full potential and after about 10 laps they start to give up. Traction is good and they offer good feedback of how far you can push them without ending up having a crash. Sidewall is nice and stiff to aid cornering and they are quiet. However, in the wet, they are atrocious! Poor wet grip, locking up is very easy and it’s almost like tip-toeing on ice in certain circumstances.
On the road, the wet grip is brown trousering if polite, roundabout are interesting and even exiting them can be somewhat sideways!
Dry grip on the road is fine; however I would try and get some heat into them 1st before you attempt any “spirited” driving.
Somehow I feel Yokahama spend their R&D money more on dry performance and much less on wet weather performance.
Off to try some decent Bridgestone’s now!
3 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2014

Latest Yokohama S306 Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama S306 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the S306.

Given 76% while driving a Ford Capri Rs (185/70 R13 H) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I have had the tyres on the car for over 10 years, they have covered about 15.000 miles.
The dimensions are 185/70R13 86H.
After over a decade the rubber is a bit hard, but they still have a good amount of tread left, so they have been excellent in longevity, i am changing them this year since they just are quite old and in the rain they don't grip well enough anymore.
On dry pavement they still have good grip.
Road noise is not very loud, they are comfortable to drive on.
I am replacing them with Pirelli Cinturato CN36 185/70R13 86V tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2017
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.4 16V 75 hp (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 37,000 spirited miles
Hard wearing tyre - only changed due to hitting pothole. Got 37k out of two front tyres
0 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2014
Off to try some decent Bridgestone’s now!
3 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2014
Given 53% while driving a Renault Megane R26 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres on a Renault Megane R26 when I bought it.I thought yokohama had a good name in motorsport,but I can only say thay are dreadfull in the wet (almost dangerous)every time I get to a roundabout or bend in the wet my heart is in my mouth.I will be fitting Michelin pilots shortly,you dont buy a top handling car to be nervous of it when wet.They remind me of Firestone s660 or Michelin zx,s of old to compare in the wet.I can not coment on how long they last as they where on the car when I bought it.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2013
Given 67% while driving a Ford Focus ST (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I put two of these on the front of my remapped Focus ST, and I've been impressed with them so far. I've only done a several hundred miles, but the dry grip is superb, they really do stick to the road and can obviously cope with tuned engines. The wet grip is good too, as long as you don't expect them to perform like they do in the dry, and you adjust your driving behaviour. I feel quite safe using these in the wet. They seem to be wearing well too, I don't wheel spin at every opportunity, but do tend to excelerate hard. I do a lot of motorway driving and I think they are a little noisy, also they are crap in snow, but they do not claim to be a winter tyre.

The best thing about these tyres though is that they are non-directional, which means when they do start to wear, you can swap them over (left to right or visa-versa) to get maximum amount of use out of them. Overall, a good performance tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013