Goodyear Excellence

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear Excellence is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 103 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 2,303,556 miles driven.

Goodyear Excellence

Goodyear Excellence Reviews

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Audi Q5 (225-45-20-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Good reliable tyre. Changed for new ones at 41K miles (2years). The longest distance a set of tyres has after lasted in over 30 years of driving!
tyre reviewed on November 23, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Very quiet and confort tyre. After 20.000km started to fall apart, at 25.000km it became useless. I traded for Michelin Primacy 3 which is much harder but better road feedback
tyre reviewed on May 21, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear Excellence? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Excellence or any other tyre.
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 520d (225-55-17-V)
I just got 33,000 kms from these GY excellence 225/55/17 97 V runflats on my BMW520 F11 touring.
The rim protection is unreal - my rims are perfect.
I drive to West of Ireland regularly on windy, wet, hail, sun on tortuous roads. I drove through snow/slush at 29,000kms, not a bother at reasonable speeds 80-100km/h up to a half inch of slush in straight, 60-80km/h in bends.
At 32,000kms I started to notice twitching on motorway heavy rain (not a full downpour). I am down to 2mm in centre of rear wheels. Front are down to 4mm, but because tracking is off I have uneven wear and have to replace front aswell, otherwise I would get several thousand more kms out of the front.
It still grips fine in 'wet' and does not aquaplane. I have only managed to 'plane twice with the car.
I drive faster than most other road users. The handling is still good.

My only complaint is noise.

This is my first year with a BMW, so I only have limited comparison. I have got +/- the same mileage out of these as I used to get on my Volvo T5 that ran GY eagle F1s 205/50/16. I used to swap front to back on the T5.

I will switch to non RFTs and will review them in a year.

...I am very technical...This is objective.
tyre reviewed on March 31, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (225-45-18-)
These were put on by mistake by the tyre fitter...I wanted goodyear efficient grip performance but got these excellence...

At first annoyed..but..i got over it. These are comfy, good in wet and dry conditions. My fronts have so far lasted 31k miles, mixed driving.
I can now feel that they need replacing (3mm left) as the wet and dry grip is noticeably worse. And will this time try my original choice of the effecientgrip performance.

By no means a sporty tyre, but they last longer. I've had falkens, pirellis, hankooks but currently value more miles than high speed corner grip.
tyre reviewed on March 9, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195-60-15-H)
It is a good tyre but a little bit noisy. I experienced a really bad situation at a wet highway some months ago. I was not so fast and at a (mild)curve I suddenly lost the control of my car.
tyre reviewed on February 16, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly town for 23,000 easy going miles
These have lasted 23k mainly town driving and have been excellent, very comfortable, smooth, quiet tyres. Dry and wet grip excellent and they were fitted for £55 each 2 years ago.
tyre reviewed on October 7, 2014
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 508 SALOON (225-60-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
Tyres kept the car stable but noise level was far to high for a premium tyre. Constant rumble at slow speeds progressively louder at 70+ Previous tyre fitted was Michelin same size but 95h smooth as silk
tyre reviewed on October 2, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C3 (185-60-15-H)
Used on my Citroen C3 1.6. Really honest tyre, with good traction and handling on dry or wet conditions. However its noise level is just regular and the sidewall is a bit stiff, making it unfconfortable on poor tarmac conditions.

Good performance on cornering.
tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Sentra (225-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz w123 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
just wish if the wear is as perfect as the mechline
tyre reviewed on March 22, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: