Goodyear EfficientGrip

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 78 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 859,658 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance

72%

73%

53%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (225-55-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 21, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (185-65-14-H)
Having previously put a set of budget Nankang 611s on all corners and finding their wet grip performance bordering on dangerous and the car undriveable in certain road conditions(see my review) I vowed to upgrade to better tyres. Initially I put a pair of Toyo proxes CF1s on the front and wet grip (especially) noticeably improved. These would still occasionally wheel spin on the tight junction at the top of our road (but much better than the near daily whizz of the Nankangs), however they gave me the confidence to push the car a bit harder into wet corners. So when the Nankang rears wore out a few months later, I stepped up the tyre choice again and purchased a very competitively priced pair of Goodyear Efficient Grip. Transformation was complete! These tyres raised the confidence levels to new heights and the car was now a real joy to drive hard on any road in any conditions. A really great tyre with no wheel spin at the road junction. Have completed 21,000 miles on them and they still have probably another 5,000 to go. Not as hard wearing as some of the tyres I've had, but if used sensibly these are great value for the grip and confidence they'll provide. Surprised their overall rating here is not higher, but I guess these tyres are fitted to more powerful and harder driven machines that expose weaknesses my 1.6 motor could never discover. So if you're a sensible driver with a sensible car purchasing these will be a very sensible choice!
tyre reviewed on February 8, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip or any other tyre.

Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo 6R GTI 1.4TSI (180HP) (215-40-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 8 spirited miles
Okay let me first start by saying I gave this tire the benefit of the doubt as it is OEM on other VW's here in South Africa, it was well priced had a better speed rating of my previous tires which were Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's which come standard on the VW Polo GTI.

This was undoubtedly the worst decision I have ever made! I first had 2 fitted to the rear of my car, as I had a bubble after hitting a pothole. I did not feel much change in the cars handling as it is a front wheel drive car as I took the set of Bridgestones that were on the rear and put them on the front "money was tight then".

I later wore the Bridgestones out and had to replace the front 2. From the get go I could feel the difference, at speed this tire feels like jelly even though having a Y speed rating over my previous V! cruising speeds are ok from 100kph to 130kph, ride is so bouncy with this tire! its truly unbearable even though i have adjustable sport shocks with high performance springs!

This tire is rubbish and after being on my car for less than 5500km its making its way to the trash!

I highly DO NOT recommend this tire to anyone owning a high performance car, its truly jelly in the dry and down right scary in the wet! Changing to the Bridgestone S001's and will provide my feedback on them to.
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2015
Given 65% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
Not a bad tyre but not great for the price. Tyre noise is horrible between 50-65mph which is annoying as I commute along a major trucking route.
Only recently put on vehicle, but will go back to Dinlop / Kuhmo after these.
tyre reviewed on January 16, 2015
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Ford MONDEO (205-55-16-W)
These tyres were a big mistake. Almost immediately the steering response deteriorated and the car, a 2001Mondeo,wandered. Within 6 months it sounded as if a front wheel bearing had failed, so I replaced it, to no avail. The droning persisted! I ran these tyres for 13000miles,when the road noise had become very noticeable.Even passengers with no mechanical knowledge would comment. Some 6 weeks ago I spoke to the man in charge of the tyre depot I use and commented about the noise etc. He ran his hand round the tread and pointed out the unevenness.
The tread had gone like saw teeth ( like the old threepenny bit). He said he had so many complaints about Goodyears and particularly Efficietgrip that he would not fit them unless the customer insisted. He claimed the tread wear was due to the steel belt not supporting the full width of the tread, that it was a 'soft tyre'.
I have now removed these dreadful tyres and replaced them with Michelin Primacy 3 and I can already feel the difference. The car is much more stable and there is very little road noise.
tyre reviewed on January 7, 2015
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-55-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
I bought a set of 4 of these the replace the mismash of worn out tires i had when i bought my new car.

The biggest problem i have with these is that they seem to have very minimal punture proofing and i have in the last year or so changed 3 of them one at a time due to puntures. Plus they seem to be wearing very quickly. I would say with my driving style they will be worn out in 13-14k.
Wet grip is also pretty average.

When these are worn out i won't be buying them again!
tyre reviewed on December 3, 2014
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
my be I got some bad one's but the road noise horrendous.
tyre reviewed on November 7, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C5 (225-55-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
The greatest tyre I have had so far.
I covered over 55000km in Citroen C5 (heavy luxury car) and they still have enough tread for another legal 10-15 k.
They have good grip overall and excellent stability for side wind etc
Highly recommended !!
tyre reviewed on November 5, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 316 (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 30,000 spirited miles
These tyres are excellent. The grip is very good in dry and excellent in wet roads. The traction control seems to be unnecessary. They are a lot more comfortable than the previous Continental PremiumContacts that I had on the same car. The grip is similar if not better. They wear very slowly and currently after 30000miles, they have still thread for at least 10000 more. Excellent choice.
tyre reviewed on June 28, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X1 2.0d Sdrive (225-45-18-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
The latest edition of Goodyear Efficient Grip Run Flat tyres give a much better ride compared to the very hard ride of the original GY EG RFs fitted to my BMW X1. I just hope they give the same mileage.
tyre reviewed on May 29, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: