Goodyear EfficientGrip

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Goodyear EfficientGrip is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 66 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 725,610 miles driven.

Goodyear EfficientGrip

73%

75%

54%

Goodyear EfficientGrip Reviews

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TFSI (205 bhp) (225-50-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 42,000 average miles
A good tyre should have good grip first then work as advertised. Its one hell of a noisy tyre with poor feedback.

the only good (or not so good) thing about this tyre is that it will last forever! 40,000 miles and still well within the allowable range.
tyre reviewed on March 17, 2014
Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (215-55-16-W)
They should be called 'inefficient grip'.
My tyre supplier fitted these in place of the Goodyear Excellence tyres which I had been really happy with.
Whilst the grip levels in the dry were OK, in the wet they were dreadful - constant wheelspin when trying to pull away and no confidence when cornering.
There was also no improvement in fuel economy.
I definitely wouldn't recommend them, or buy them again.
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear EfficientGrip? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear EfficientGrip or any other tyre.

Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-55-16-V)
Bought these after reading reviews. Cant fault the dry or wet grip. Not a sporty tyre.
Biggest disappointment is the noise, supposed to be quiet but noise on all but the smoothest surfaces is terrible like a rumbling wheel bearing noise. Perhaps this tyre doesnt suit my car, I dont know, but would not buy again. Hope they wear out quickly so I can get some different ones!
tyre reviewed on February 6, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport Estate (B5.5) (225-45-17-)
I have had 6 Efficient Grip and 2 Efficient Grip Performance in Total on my 55 plate Passat 1.9 TDIi. They are very quiet, have reasonable road holding, but not at extremes. They do give good consumption and better ewra than the OE Contisprts. However I would not recommend them unless you can guarantee never touching anything with the sidewalls, as they are made of cheese or something even softer. The first set developed a bulge in one of the tyres after 8K miles, meaning it was not safe and had to be replaced. I then bo
bought another pair when they fronts wore out and had a catastrophic blow out after only 10 days, meaning another £80 quid as Merit Tyre says it's down to the manufacturer to say whether there is a fault. Do not buy these tyres if you have to drive anywhere with even the slightest of rough conditions, and don't expect any support from Goodyear when they do blow
tyre reviewed on December 8, 2013
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (195-55-15-H)
Fairly good in the dry, I found them quite silent. But the grip is not so good as other premium brands like Continental, and in the wet they are garbage: it is difficult to have a good answer if you need an immediate brake. Not to buy again.
tyre reviewed on November 9, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar S Type 2.7D (245-45-17-)
Great tyre In all summer driving conditions. Good wear rate and excellent traction when dry and wet. Very quiet tyre and very comfortable especially at cruising speeds. Better than Pirelli's that I've used, and as good but cheaper than Michelin tyres.
For performance it's a great tyre. Holds the road well and it's hard to loose traction in the corners when they are warmed up. Fuel consumption running these is good.
If the tyres were cheaper I'd definitely buy again.
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2013
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR+ (225-40-18-W)
I had these tyres for after the Bridgestone RE050A's that came with the car from new. When flooring it in second, I used to get tons of wheel judder and wheelspin with the RE050As so when I had these EfficientGrips put on the car, I was amazed at the traction. I could floor it and traction control wouldn't even cut in (on dry days).

I do agree that the tyres have very soft sidewalls - I had to have both tyres replaced at 7000 miles due to damage from pot holes in the road causing bubbles at the sides of the tyre. The plus side of that is that the tyres aren't very noisy (in my opinion) and the ride was a bit more comfortable from my stiff suspension!

Other than that, they are brilliant. Can't fault the grip in the dry at all, and in the wet they are reasonably good too. I have now got Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres on my driven wheels, and they are not quite as good grip-wise as these were (only had the Pirellis for a few hundred miles though).

Have to say I concur with the people who are amazed at the negative reviews... I don't get it! These tyres were great... I definitely recommend them.
tyre reviewed on October 10, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (215-50-17-W)
Third review of these tyres a further 6 months on. Definately the very best tyres I have ever had on a car. Avons, Continentals and Pirellis before. I am baffled at the negative comments in some reviews. I do not push my vehicle/ tyres anywhere near the limit, maybe that is why for me this is the perfect touring tyre. Also I have the XL version which are definately not "jelly like". I will buy again without hesitation.
tyre reviewed on August 20, 2013
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215-55-16-)
Bought a 2011 Ford Focus with the goodyear tyres on, they were looking a little worn at the front with 18000 miles on the clock and I thought I might need to change soon, but have been pleasantly surprised the fronts are now on 29000 miles and have only just started to hit the limits.
As its the summer I will let them both get fully to the limits if it was the winter they would have been changed already.
All in all happy with the miles covered but I am now wondering if they are worth the extra £30 per tyre.
The back tyres still have 3.5mm left across the tyres so will be a while longer for those.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2013
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 (205-50-17-)
Hi there! For 40000 km and more than 2 years with EfficientGrips in my CITROEN C4 CUPE 1.6cc i have to say that these tyres:
*Are very quiet and comfortable
*Have perfect respond to butholes because of the very soft sides of the tyres
*Good performance on wet road even when road is full of water!!!
*Heel toe doesn't seems to wear out easily
*They still perform like the first day i install them!
*Sides of tyre are easily get hurt when strikes pavement because of the softness of the side of the EfficientGrips
*I can't accelerate quiq even when ESP working, imagine without ESP!
*I cant stop my car on time, in spite of the fact ABS working perfect
*I cant turn a litle sporty when turning because tyres are so slipery
*When i go streight on and turn left or right the hall car drives rough "in a while" left or right causing the front or/and mostly the rear of the car steply shifts left or right makes me scare!!!
Conclusion: EfficientGrips are perfect for my grandfathers' driving style.
I should have bought Eagle F1 Asymetric.
tyre reviewed on June 14, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: