Petlas Snow Master W651

The Petlas Snow Master W651 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 114,850 miles driven.

2016 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 39th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Snow Master W651
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Snow Master W651. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Petlas Snow Master W651 Review

Given 75% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTI (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Did research and although none of the 'tests' actually featured these tyres I based my choice on the reviews and had them fitted just a few days before the recent snowfall - and so glad I did. Other cars, even 4 wheel drives, were stuck on the local hills but I sailed past with no problem. Massive improvement in traction on snow & ice - highly recommended.Can't comment on wear yet, but for the price an excellent buy.
97 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2015

Latest Petlas Snow Master W651 Reviews

Have you driven on the Petlas Snow Master W651 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Snow Master W651.

Given 66% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
- Made in Turkey
- Great in heavy snowy roads
- Good grip in dry conditions
- Average in pure icy and wet roads, getting understeer when pushing the limits (It may be caused by lousy suspension of my Leon FR, I can't compare in another car)
- Road noise is acceptable but not great, at 70-80 km/h there is a resonance sound. But at slower or faster speeds it goes away.
- They are more comfortable than my summer tyres (pirelli p7)

I think considering how cheap they are, the performance is acceptable. But for my next set I will definitely consider a premium class tyre.

Regards from Turkey
0 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Vauxhall 1.7 TD estate (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 5,600 easy going miles
There was Continental on my car and at first I hesitated too much about petlas/starmaxx. But it is half price of famous labels, and Ithink it is worth to try. It is very comfortable,silent and grips very well. There is no need to give to much money. The accuracy of tire tests are controversial. Who pays more, win the test. I highly recommend.
18 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Last winter I used on my Megane4 HB. Tried them on snowy/icy mountain roads and had never problem about gripping. I can prefer these tires.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2017
Given 33% while driving a Opel Corsa (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
It was a big mistake buying these tyres. I wanted to buy something better for this winter, but I realized that my new rims have extra stupid rare sizes, this is why I had to chose Petlas Snowmaster. It is just November, I haven't tried in snow yet, but in 0-5 degrees on slippy roads is a disaster to drive. I am really afraid to face the winter with these tyres.
I do not recommend to anybody to buy these tyres, they are very dangerous!
15 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2017
Given 74% while driving a SEAT Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
Best tyre in this price range . I used these tyres on my VW Tiguan last year and it was awesome on snow and icy roads . For my Leon FR , again awesome on snow , average on dry . Even the temprature is above 7 degree of celcius , good grip on dry , about wet grip , its performans is below than average . I will definetely buy again . Wear seems good after 8000 miles .
22 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2017