Vredestein Quatrac 5

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 3

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 219,642 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 14th of 18 tyres

2018 AMS All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the dry with best steering response and stability. Still safe to drive in the snow
  • Negative - Average wet performance

235/40 R18 95Y XL
235/60 R18 107W XL
255/55 R19 111W XL

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

2016-04-07 - Thx for the reply! Very helpfull, always difficult how to interpret data. I'll have a look at the Nokian. I'm from The Netherlands, so no heavy snow conditions or lots off ice. And while I do understand that an all season tire is a compromis, I think its the best way to go. Any thought on that? Thx again!

Here in the UK climate we feel the CrossClimate is the best compromise as we see very little snow. The CrossClimate is the only all season tyre we've tested which doesn't have a braking disadvantage over summer tyres in the dry. See our All Season Tyre Test for further information.

2016-04-07 - I see in different test these tires preform bad with aquaplanning? How good or bad are they in the wet? (Looking for an all season tie in size 195/60 R16, not a lot to chose from) Thx!

While we've no direct experience with the Quatrac 5, they wouldn't be a test winner if they were bad in the wet. Aquaplaning is one of those tests we feel perhaps the magazines put too much weight on, as while aquaplaning can be serious, less than 1% of all accidents across Europe are caused by standing water. The Nokian WeatherProof is also available in your size, which is certainly worth considering.

2017-09-16 - i've got a ix35 4x4 and I want to fit all season tyres, can you recommend any (225 55 18)

Of the tyres we currently list in those sizes, the Quatrac 5 is probably the best available.

2018-04-14 - I have a 2011 VW Tiguan with 235/55r17 tyres, live in Aberdeenshire and been looking at all pro and con comments relating to all season tyres and cannot really make my mind up. I have narrowed it down to 5 but I am also interested in treadwear life. Would you recommend either the Cross Climate +, Goodyear 4Seasons Gen-2, Vredestein Quatrac 5 or I have been told that the Pirelli Verde All Seasons have a longer life. I know its a long list but with averaging 10-12k mileage a year the tyres previously purchased haven't lasted more than 2yrs

Have a look at this video, it should answer most of your questions. The Michelin will also offer the best longevity.

2018-12-02 - Just bought these for the Kuga, 235/45 R19 big tyres and not the cheapest. I notice that there is an inner on these tyres and the patterns run in different directions on the same axle? Is this right?

That is correct, the Quatrac 5 should be fitted noting the inside and outside marks on the tyre sidewall which will give you slightly different patterns across the axle.

Top Vredestein Quatrac 5 Review

Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!
85 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015

Latest Vredestein Quatrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Quatrac 5.

Given 92% while driving a Skoda Octavia (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
When on wet surfaces, I couldn't tell much difference compared to the dry ones! A bit understeering when pushed to the limit on dry tarmac, but until right before the limit it's as good as a premium summer tyre. Really comfortable on bumpy - uneven surfaces.

It surely prevents you from using chains when dealing with snow and ice. I'd definitely buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Having had our first significant snowfall of the year, a solid 10cm on the side roads, these tyres have performed exceptionally. They provide ample grip on even significant snow covered inclines, granted with the assistance of the AWD system in my legacy, but its is the lateral grip while cornering and stopping power that really stands out.
Even in lower temperatures - sub 5/6 degrees C- they remain noticeably more flexible, retaining the same grip available at higher temperatures.
Wear is too early to comment other than there are no real signs after 1000 miles on a fairly potent legacy spec b.
100% recommend to anyone looking for a winter/ all season.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Hyundai Getz (185/60 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 32,500 average miles
Tyres are fitted in March 2016. Till now 32500miles are done. No problems in summers and winters until this year. Thread depth is 4mm now and my car slides on snow sometimes. Put winter tyres in January and no slide anymore. Think that they will serve as a summer tyre for one season and that's all.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2019
Given 55% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
Driving Audi A4 2.0tdi
Not happy, it's like in a plane, extremely noisy. I DON'T RECOMMEND them
6 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Smart Fortwo MHD cabrio (175/55 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 800 average miles
My girlfriend needed new tyres on her Smart Cabrio rear wheel drive.
As we live in Switzerland (ski region) i was looking for a set of good 4 season tyres.
As the Kuhmo Winter Tyres on the Smart were completly done. (2mm left)
A cousin of my drove from Holland to Norway in wintertime with his Saab 9-5 on The Vredestein Quatrac 5.
He is (was) a really wintertyre fan in winterconditionsĖ‹ as he was going every single year to Norway he was my perfect real experience person. He was so positive about these tyres in Norway that i decided to by 4 of them for the realwheeldrive Smart Cabrio.

Of my personal experience i can say the following:

Dry: handling is okey; brake and corners are standard
Wet: very good felt really safe with heavy heavy rain
Snow: as long as you use your brain this tyre is as food as a full winter tyre, good traction and breaking is even better.
Comfort: i was so surprised how quite this tyre really is, it felt almost as i was driving a different (newer) car.

Buy again ? absolutely!! The dutchies (Vredestein) are doing really well the last few years;
But only buy this tyre if you have a normal car with not to much power. If you have a lot of power and drive over snow covered roads I would go for the Vredestein Wintrac Pro,

7 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2018