Vredestein Quatrac 5

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 3

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Tyre review data from 24 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 249,642 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 14th of 18 tyres

2018 AMS All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the dry with best steering response and stability. Still safe to drive in the snow
  • Negative - Average wet performance

235/40 R18 95Y XL
235/60 R18 107W XL
255/55 R19 111W XL

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

2016-04-07 - Thx for the reply! Very helpfull, always difficult how to interpret data. I'll have a look at the Nokian. I'm from The Netherlands, so no heavy snow conditions or lots off ice. And while I do understand that an all season tire is a compromis, I think its the best way to go. Any thought on that? Thx again!

Here in the UK climate we feel the CrossClimate is the best compromise as we see very little snow. The CrossClimate is the only all season tyre we've tested which doesn't have a braking disadvantage over summer tyres in the dry. See our All Season Tyre Test for further information.

2016-04-07 - I see in different test these tires preform bad with aquaplanning? How good or bad are they in the wet? (Looking for an all season tie in size 195/60 R16, not a lot to chose from) Thx!

While we've no direct experience with the Quatrac 5, they wouldn't be a test winner if they were bad in the wet. Aquaplaning is one of those tests we feel perhaps the magazines put too much weight on, as while aquaplaning can be serious, less than 1% of all accidents across Europe are caused by standing water. The Nokian WeatherProof is also available in your size, which is certainly worth considering.

2017-09-16 - i've got a ix35 4x4 and I want to fit all season tyres, can you recommend any (225 55 18)

Of the tyres we currently list in those sizes, the Quatrac 5 is probably the best available.

2018-04-14 - I have a 2011 VW Tiguan with 235/55r17 tyres, live in Aberdeenshire and been looking at all pro and con comments relating to all season tyres and cannot really make my mind up. I have narrowed it down to 5 but I am also interested in treadwear life. Would you recommend either the Cross Climate +, Goodyear 4Seasons Gen-2, Vredestein Quatrac 5 or I have been told that the Pirelli Verde All Seasons have a longer life. I know its a long list but with averaging 10-12k mileage a year the tyres previously purchased haven't lasted more than 2yrs

Have a look at this video, it should answer most of your questions. The Michelin will also offer the best longevity.

2018-12-02 - Just bought these for the Kuga, 235/45 R19 big tyres and not the cheapest. I notice that there is an inner on these tyres and the patterns run in different directions on the same axle? Is this right?

That is correct, the Quatrac 5 should be fitted noting the inside and outside marks on the tyre sidewall which will give you slightly different patterns across the axle.

2019-06-08 - How many miles can I expect to get from these tires 235/60R18

Tyre wear can have a huge number of factors such as vehicle weight, driving style and surfaces driven on. I'd recommend looking through the wear ratings on the website to find an average for your own personal setup.

Top Vredestein Quatrac 5 Review

Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!
87 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015

Latest Vredestein Quatrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Quatrac 5.

Given 93% while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Had these on my Audi A5 Quattro for 2 years and 30,000 miles. Just had the MOT and all 4 still have 6mm of tread on them.
They are really quiet and smooth and have excellent grip in snow, wet and dry conditions. Will definitely buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Skoda Octavia (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
When on wet surfaces, I couldn't tell much difference compared to the dry ones! A bit understeering when pushed to the limit on dry tarmac, but until right before the limit it's as good as a premium summer tyre. Really comfortable on bumpy - uneven surfaces.

It surely prevents you from using chains when dealing with snow and ice. I'd definitely buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B (215/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Having had our first significant snowfall of the year, a solid 10cm on the side roads, these tyres have performed exceptionally. They provide ample grip on even significant snow covered inclines, granted with the assistance of the AWD system in my legacy, but its is the lateral grip while cornering and stopping power that really stands out.
Even in lower temperatures - sub 5/6 degrees C- they remain noticeably more flexible, retaining the same grip available at higher temperatures.
Wear is too early to comment other than there are no real signs after 1000 miles on a fairly potent legacy spec b.
100% recommend to anyone looking for a winter/ all season.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Hyundai Getz (185/60 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 32,500 average miles
Tyres are fitted in March 2016. Till now 32500miles are done. No problems in summers and winters until this year. Thread depth is 4mm now and my car slides on snow sometimes. Put winter tyres in January and no slide anymore. Think that they will serve as a summer tyre for one season and that's all.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2019
Given 55% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
Driving Audi A4 2.0tdi