Vredestein Quatrac 5

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 3

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 108,242 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2015 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 6 tyres

• Positive - Excellent results in the snow, good results on wet and dry surfaces, very low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Low resistance to aquaplaning, relatively high price

2016 ADAC All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 7 tyres

• Positive - Relatively low fuel consumption
  • Negative - Weak in the dry and wet, slightly weak on snow

2015 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 6 tyres

• Overall - The Vredestein Quatrac range is one of the better known all season tyre ranges in the UK, and the Quatrac 5 builds on the excellent base of the Quatrac 3. A win in the dry handling test (but still beaten by the summer tyre) and second in dry braking and rolling resistance were the stand out results for the Vredestein, but a strong mid pack performance in the wet and snow tests resulted in a third place overall. Weak in aquaplaning, losing both tests and a long way back in the curved test.
175/65 R13 80T
235/40 R18 95Y XL
235/60 R18 107W XL
255/55 R19 111W XL

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

2016-04-07 - Thx for the reply! Very helpfull, always difficult how to interpret data. I'll have a look at the Nokian. I'm from The Netherlands, so no heavy snow conditions or lots off ice. And while I do understand that an all season tire is a compromis, I think its the best way to go. Any thought on that? Thx again!

Here in the UK climate we feel the CrossClimate is the best compromise as we see very little snow. The CrossClimate is the only all season tyre we've tested which doesn't have a braking disadvantage over summer tyres in the dry. See our All Season Tyre Test for further information.

2016-04-07 - I see in different test these tires preform bad with aquaplanning? How good or bad are they in the wet? (Looking for an all season tie in size 195/60 R16, not a lot to chose from) Thx!

While we've no direct experience with the Quatrac 5, they wouldn't be a test winner if they were bad in the wet. Aquaplaning is one of those tests we feel perhaps the magazines put too much weight on, as while aquaplaning can be serious, less than 1% of all accidents across Europe are caused by standing water. The Nokian WeatherProof is also available in your size, which is certainly worth considering.

2017-09-16 - i've got a ix35 4x4 and I want to fit all season tyres, can you recommend any (225 55 18)

Of the tyres we currently list in those sizes, the Quatrac 5 is probably the best available.

2018-04-14 - I have a 2011 VW Tiguan with 235/55r17 tyres, live in Aberdeenshire and been looking at all pro and con comments relating to all season tyres and cannot really make my mind up. I have narrowed it down to 5 but I am also interested in treadwear life. Would you recommend either the Cross Climate +, Goodyear 4Seasons Gen-2, Vredestein Quatrac 5 or I have been told that the Pirelli Verde All Seasons have a longer life. I know its a long list but with averaging 10-12k mileage a year the tyres previously purchased haven't lasted more than 2yrs

Have a look at this video, it should answer most of your questions. The Michelin will also offer the best longevity.

Top Vredestein Quatrac 5 Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!
55 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015

Latest Vredestein Quatrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Quatrac 5.

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Getz (185/60 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 28,000 average miles
Bought the tires two years ago and drove them around 45.000km in Turkey and Bulgaria, year-round, they still have approximately 5mm tread depth. In dry, wet and snow had no problems. Tires are quiet and soft at least compared to my previous Bridgestones. Wear is low, think that i can use them at least one more year.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2018
Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/55 R18) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
i've had the tyres on for 4 months and in the worst snow we've seen in years(peak district) they've performed really well up to now passing other cars on steep hills and braking confidently going down.Can't comment on wear due to the short time they've been on
1 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 12 average miles
I have run my rear wheel drive car fitted with a pair of Vredestein Quatrac 5's fitted on the front axle for 12,000 miles so far. They have worn to 6 mm. tread depth and are half worn now. I will replace them @ 3 mm. I run them 6 psi. lower than the recommended pressure of 36 psi., which is far too hard. They are wearing eavenly across the tread at this lower pressure.
I drive fairly steady most of the time but have been known to boot it on occasions. These tyres have never given any cause for concern regarding grip in both dry & wet conditions and temperatures below freezing. I tow a caravan onto grassed pitches and again I have no problem with steering.
The Pirelli Cinturato All Season's fitted to the rear at the same time have worn to 4.5 mm. and do not grip the road as well. Previous Goodyear Eagle Vector 2's also on the rear performed better than the Pirelli's and lasted for 22,000 miles. I chose both of these tyres for their directional block tread patterns to provide traction on the rear drive axle. I cannot comment on Vredestein Quatrac 5's traction quality.
As a retired Road Transport Engineer I am used to vehicles with dedicated steer and drive axle tyres, so I purposely chose these Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyres as the best available 'All Season' option for the steer axle on my Mercedes C Class. I have not been disapointed.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on for 30 average miles
After already having expericence with the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre on our other cars (Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa and Kia Rio), I also had this tyre fitted on my Opel (Vauxhall) Insignia yesterday. The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a reliable tyre on all road and weather conditions (at least in the Netherlands, where I live). The tyre may not offer the best specs money can buy, but I hardly notice the difference. And after all it;s an all season tyre. That means it;s a compromise between a summer and winter tyre. I've been driving this tyre on all conditions so I know the Quatrac 5 won't let you down. Even when the going gets rough. And it is not as expensive as the Michelin Crossclimate or other A class all season tyres. So I am very happy with the Vredestein Quatrac 5.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2017