Vredestein Quatrac 5

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 3

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 156,142 miles driven.

Reports

2018 27 All Season Tyre Shootout - 6th of 27 tyres

2018 AMS All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the dry with best steering response and stability. Still safe to drive in the snow
  • Negative - Average wet performance

235/40 R18 95Y XL
235/60 R18 107W XL
255/55 R19 111W XL

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

2016-04-07 - Thx for the reply! Very helpfull, always difficult how to interpret data. I'll have a look at the Nokian. I'm from The Netherlands, so no heavy snow conditions or lots off ice. And while I do understand that an all season tire is a compromis, I think its the best way to go. Any thought on that? Thx again!

Here in the UK climate we feel the CrossClimate is the best compromise as we see very little snow. The CrossClimate is the only all season tyre we've tested which doesn't have a braking disadvantage over summer tyres in the dry. See our All Season Tyre Test for further information.

2016-04-07 - I see in different test these tires preform bad with aquaplanning? How good or bad are they in the wet? (Looking for an all season tie in size 195/60 R16, not a lot to chose from) Thx!

While we've no direct experience with the Quatrac 5, they wouldn't be a test winner if they were bad in the wet. Aquaplaning is one of those tests we feel perhaps the magazines put too much weight on, as while aquaplaning can be serious, less than 1% of all accidents across Europe are caused by standing water. The Nokian WeatherProof is also available in your size, which is certainly worth considering.

2017-09-16 - i've got a ix35 4x4 and I want to fit all season tyres, can you recommend any (225 55 18)

Of the tyres we currently list in those sizes, the Quatrac 5 is probably the best available.

2018-04-14 - I have a 2011 VW Tiguan with 235/55r17 tyres, live in Aberdeenshire and been looking at all pro and con comments relating to all season tyres and cannot really make my mind up. I have narrowed it down to 5 but I am also interested in treadwear life. Would you recommend either the Cross Climate +, Goodyear 4Seasons Gen-2, Vredestein Quatrac 5 or I have been told that the Pirelli Verde All Seasons have a longer life. I know its a long list but with averaging 10-12k mileage a year the tyres previously purchased haven't lasted more than 2yrs

Have a look at this video, it should answer most of your questions. The Michelin will also offer the best longevity.

2018-12-02 - Just bought these for the Kuga, 235/45 R19 big tyres and not the cheapest. I notice that there is an inner on these tyres and the patterns run in different directions on the same axle? Is this right?

That is correct, the Quatrac 5 should be fitted noting the inside and outside marks on the tyre sidewall which will give you slightly different patterns across the axle.

Top Vredestein Quatrac 5 Review

Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!
80 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015

Latest Vredestein Quatrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Quatrac 5.

Given 55% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
Driving Audi A4 2.0tdi
Not happy, it's like in a plane, extremely noisy. I DON'T RECOMMEND them
2 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Smart Fortwo MHD cabrio (175/55 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 800 average miles
My girlfriend needed new tyres on her Smart Cabrio rear wheel drive.
As we live in Switzerland (ski region) i was looking for a set of good 4 season tyres.
As the Kuhmo Winter Tyres on the Smart were completly done. (2mm left)
A cousin of my drove from Holland to Norway in wintertime with his Saab 9-5 on The Vredestein Quatrac 5.
He is (was) a really wintertyre fan in winterconditionsĖ‹ as he was going every single year to Norway he was my perfect real experience person. He was so positive about these tyres in Norway that i decided to by 4 of them for the realwheeldrive Smart Cabrio.

Of my personal experience i can say the following:

Dry: handling is okey; brake and corners are standard
Wet: very good felt really safe with heavy heavy rain
Snow: as long as you use your brain this tyre is as food as a full winter tyre, good traction and breaking is even better.
Comfort: i was so surprised how quite this tyre really is, it felt almost as i was driving a different (newer) car.

Buy again ? absolutely!! The dutchies (Vredestein) are doing really well the last few years;
But only buy this tyre if you have a normal car with not to much power. If you have a lot of power and drive over snow covered roads I would go for the Vredestein Wintrac Pro,

3 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2018
Given 90% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
After years with the Quadtrak 3's I went onto 5's with a bit of apprehension. I needn't have worried. Every bit as good as the 3's but not sure if they are better.
I've had them on my aging VW Passat estate and on my Saab 9-3 estate with now about to buy some for my newest arrival, another more powerful Saab estate. We live in the Peak District so winter tyres are very advisable if you don't want to get stuck. These were brilliant last winter when we had snow at least once for 5 months. Not once did I fail to get to work. Not bad for a 2wd car!
Wet weather is no problem with these tyres. There are many places on my commuting run that fill up with water after heavy rain. Many times I have found the road completely submerged and I've gone through with total confidence. They have never let me down.
In dry hot weather they aren't perfect but it's a small price to pay considering that we have more wet weather than hot sunny weather.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2018
Given 85% while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (215/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
My car actually has staggered sizes, so this is also a review for 185/55 15 fronts.

Really pleased. Instantly felt planted. Got the car out on some tasty roads, and it delivered.

I got these all season tyres just for use over winter to avoid any hairy moments on frosty mornings in this mid engined vehicle. Summer tyres will go back on in April. I was deliberately seeking the sportiest feel possible from a tyre with snow and ice capability. According to the 2018 AMS All Season Tyre Test, usefully archived on this website, this Vredestein might just be that tyre. Although it came 5th out of 7th overall, the test awarded it best steering feel and a score of 9 for subjective feel - as good as the reference summer tyre (Continental Premium Contact 5). I wanted winter safety without really compromising sportiness and feedback, and I believe I have achieved that. These are actually more fun to drive on than the, admittedly pretty average, summer tyres I had before, and I think that speaks volumes. For a siped tyre to feel sportier than a summer tyre, even an unremarkable one, is a real achievement.

The much vaunted Michelin Crossclimate isn't available in my size, so I can't compare it. But everything I've read and what I experienced today out on some twisty back lanes tells me these are actually better; at least for enthusiastic drivers. There isn't any such thing as a sports winter or all season tyre in 15" sizes. But if there was, this would be it.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Honda CR Z (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Changed over from summer tyres to "all season" Vredestein 5 with much improved comfort & reduced noise. During "Beast from the East" tyres gave confidence & good turn in/braking on snow, grip in sheet ice was not as good as full winter tyres (as could be expected). Good wear, a decent price, nice all round tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018