Vredestein Quatrac 5

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 3

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 47,230 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2015 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 6 tyres

• Positive - Excellent results in the snow, good results on wet and dry surfaces, very low rolling resistance
  • Negative - High resistance to aquaplaning, relatively high price

2016 ADAC All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 7 tyres

• Positive - Relatively low fuel consumption
  • Negative - Weak in the dry and wet, slightly weak on snow

2015 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 6 tyres

• Overall - The Vredestein Quatrac range is one of the better known all season tyre ranges in the UK, and the Quatrac 5 builds on the excellent base of the Quatrac 3. A win in the dry handling test (but still beaten by the summer tyre) and second in dry braking and rolling resistance were the stand out results for the Vredestein, but a strong mid pack performance in the wet and snow tests resulted in a third place overall. Weak in aquaplaning, losing both tests and a long way back in the curved test.
175/65 R13 80T
235/40 R18 95Y XL
235/60 R18 107W XL
255/55 R19 111W XL

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

2016-04-07 - Thx for the reply! Very helpfull, always difficult how to interpret data. I'll have a look at the Nokian. I'm from The Netherlands, so no heavy snow conditions or lots off ice. And while I do understand that an all season tire is a compromis, I think its the best way to go. Any thought on that? Thx again!

Here in the UK climate we feel the CrossClimate is the best compromise as we see very little snow. The CrossClimate is the only all season tyre we've tested which doesn't have a braking disadvantage over summer tyres in the dry. See our All Season Tyre Test for further information.

2016-04-07 - I see in different test these tires preform bad with aquaplanning? How good or bad are they in the wet? (Looking for an all season tie in size 195/60 R16, not a lot to chose from) Thx!

While we've no direct experience with the Quatrac 5, they wouldn't be a test winner if they were bad in the wet. Aquaplaning is one of those tests we feel perhaps the magazines put too much weight on, as while aquaplaning can be serious, less than 1% of all accidents across Europe are caused by standing water. The Nokian WeatherProof is also available in your size, which is certainly worth considering.

2017-09-16 - i've got a ix35 4x4 and I want to fit all season tyres, can you recommend any (225 55 18)

Of the tyres we currently list in those sizes, the Quatrac 5 is probably the best available.

Top Vredestein Quatrac 5 Review

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!
39 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015

Latest Vredestein Quatrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Quatrac 5.

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on for 30 average miles
After already having expericence with the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre on our other cars (Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa and Kia Rio), I also had this tyre fitted on my Opel (Vauxhall) Insignia yesterday. The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a reliable tyre on all road and weather conditions (at least in the Netherlands, where I live). The tyre may not offer the best specs money can buy, but I hardly notice the difference. And after all it;s an all season tyre. That means it;s a compromise between a summer and winter tyre. I've been driving this tyre on all conditions so I know the Quatrac 5 won't let you down. Even when the going gets rough. And it is not as expensive as the Michelin Crossclimate or other A class all season tyres. So I am very happy with the Vredestein Quatrac 5.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2017
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a (195/45 R16 V) on mostly town for 300 spirited miles
I drive these tyres now for about 2 weeks on a Fiat 500.
There were no other tyrebrands available for allseason-tyres.
I have never had such a crappy tyre in the wet.
Enormous understeering in the wet, low dry grip.

These tyres are dangerous in the wet!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2017
39 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I had a set fitted in January, and the next day it snowed. They were much better than summer tyres, especially in traction and braking. In 'normal' British cold weather they were excellent, with positive turn in and a high level of grip. Quite sporty, in fact. We've now had some warmer weather, and they do not soften excessively, though they can be prone to squealing on a smooth dry road. In warm wet weather they remain superb. Altogether they provide positive response and reassuring consistency in all conditions. The icing on the cake is their refinement. Road roar on course surfaces (to which the Octavia is very prone) is considerably reduced, and they provide a well cushioned ride over cats eyes, grates etc. Fuel consumption seems as good as I got with Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance, but the Quatrac 5 gives a much better drive. Wear is a little disappointing, but replacement cost is not excessive.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2015