Vredestein Quatrac 3

Show all: Vredestein tyres, Passenger Car All Season High Performance tyres
The Vredestein Quatrac 3 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 44 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 431,402 miles driven.

Vredestein Quatrac 3

Vredestein Quatrac 3 Reviews

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (195-60-15-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Found these to perform very well for the one snowy day we had in UK since fitting them last year. Very progressive on the snow. You still have to drive to the conditions but a 50% increase in grips helps.

But for me, as a compromise tyre the compromise was too great. They are a little noisy in the dry, and on a damp road they get very noisy indeed - they hiss constantly. Under high cornering load they get noisy as well, and when doing a flying start in warm conditions the slightest skitter makes a burn-rubber smell, unlike my old summer tyres.

Can't comment on the life but I usually get 15,000 miles out of my front tyres and they seem to be on track for something similar.

But I found I missed my Hankook Ventus Prime summer tyre for my summer driving, with which I could also get around ok in the snow. I think the Quadrac 3's would be good if I had snowy hills to climb but I don't live in Scotland.
tyre reviewed on July 9, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 CDI (235-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 14,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on July 7, 2015
Looking to buy the Vredestein Quatrac 3? Click here to search for the best price for the Vredestein Quatrac 3 or any other tyre.
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 auto (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20 spirited miles
Great tyres for rural areas where snow, ice, tractor mud, floods and bending roads are met each year. Good on motorways too with good life, perhaps not as much as a Michelin but far better grip when you need it.
tyre reviewed on April 6, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Smart fortwo passion (175-55-15-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 11 spirited miles
Quieter than original Bridgstones, a little less grippy in the dry but more progressive and predictable at breakaway.
Far better in the wet and in a totally different class once the weather turns cold. frosty mornings and sludge are no issue and it is fun going past 4X4's stuck in the snow.
have to watch out for how close the car behind is when breaking, tail gaters do not stand a chance of stopping if you break really hard
tyre reviewed on November 15, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2 (195-50-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 11,000 average miles
The Quatrac 3 has been the best all season tyre we have used to date, they have gone on every car we have owned in the past 5 years. They are much better in the the snow and ice than some winter tyres we tried and are the best compromise for one set of all year round tyres we have found to date - just put a new set on my wife's Skoda. Minor drawbacks include they can (and do) wear quickly on heavier cars but that's compensated by excellent grip in all but the worst conditions until the tyre is getting towards the end of its life. They do get a bit 'rumbly' as they wear down, a droning noise is not all that uncommon.
tyre reviewed on November 2, 2014
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis estate 1.8 petrol (205-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly town for 14,000 average miles
I bought these tyres because the Toyota factory fitted tyres were so bad in the snow, it was embarrassing. The Quatrac 3's performed well on the few snowy days we had, even in quite deep snow or flattened, icy snow. Also good on muddy fields when other cars were struggling for any grip. So performance wise, very good. Downside is noise. OK when new but became progressively worse as they wore past about 10,000 miles. The rhythmic droning became so bad I was totally convinced a wheel bearing needed replacing. It seems the tyres had worn badly / unevenly, with random flat sections around the periphery creating vibration on at least 2 of the 4 tyres.
tyre reviewed on July 24, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres two years ago for my Mondeo 2 litre tdci estate. They have now driven across France and up into the Alps for six one week trips. On my last MOT the report said they had 5mm of tread left, so I will get this next seasons skiing trips out of them. I live in a small village in Hertfordshire and we regularly get snowed in. However with these tyres on the only cars that get in and out of the village is ours with these tyres on and a couple of 4x4's. I have driven across France in Rain, Snow, Sleet and all sorts at 80MPH with 4 adults luggage and these tyres are the dogs doo daahs!!!
tyre reviewed on November 14, 2013
Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Smart For Two Passion 0.8 cdi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 40,000 easy going miles
Been driving for 60000km with my Smart.
Mostly city drive, but I went also in the mountain to a ski resort.
No problems.

tyre reviewed on November 6, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Acura 3.2 TL (225-45-17-)
Driving on track for 100 easy going miles
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 93 Aero 1.9 TTiD (225-45-17-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 19, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: