Wanli S1063

Show all: Wanli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Wanli S1063 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 66 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 5,542,981 miles driven.

Wanli S1063

Tyre Test Results:

Wanli S1063 Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Ok grip in the dry but in wet or damp avoid at all costs as they are simply frightening, rear wheel drive merc doing 20 mph on exiting rounderbout in heavy traffic, car breaks sideways just like on black ice, car not on throttle it happened to my wife same scenario . Tyres were on car when bought now on good years, can now drive with confidence, and for all the people who are thinking should not have had tyres on a car like that, yes you are right! But I am staggered how bad they are in the damp. Don,t buy them!!!
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback 2009 (215-55-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
60 000 km's travelled on Wanli S1063 , mostly tar roads but at least 5000km's on gravel roads.Roadholding and wear is very good,but roadnoise after 50 000 km increased substantially , which I assume will be the case with many tyre brands. I previously had Yokohama Geolander 900 , roadnoise was though much lower at the same km's.I was sceptical about Wanli , but it is very good value for money.
tyre reviewed on October 3, 2015
Looking to buy the Wanli S1063? Click here to search for the best price for the Wanli S1063 or any other tyre.
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus Zetec (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
Bought as a replacement for the back two on the car

The gentleman in the tyre yard said they were of similar standard to the ones on the front, found out later they weren't and this was a genuine mistake by the tyre fitter who rectified the problem.

Car was slippery in the dry on any change of cambre and I dare not take it out in the wet. Noisy and bumpy on the motorway, they were on the car for five days before I had them upgraded to something a bit better.

Pay the extra £20 per tyre and get something decent
tyre reviewed on June 9, 2015
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 (225-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
i have just the one tyre on the back of my Audi, National tyres fitted what i thought was a quality tyre paying £90.00 for the privilege, i cant believe how noisey it is. as i have jus the one tyre its difficult to analyse its performance as the other 3 premium tyres i have must compensate for its failings, i would warn anyone purchasing this tyre to think hard before paring with your cash.
tyre reviewed on February 5, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Citron C4 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2015
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly town for 1,500 easy going miles
I have had many, many tyres replaced in my driving career but I have never come across tyres as noisy as Wanli.
tyre reviewed on January 22, 2015
Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec (205-45-16-W)
Mounted on the front tyres only, I previously reviewed these tyres in January 2012 after 20,000 miles. I now have to change my ratings and recommendation of them after the tyres were worn down to just over 4mm of thread depth remaining.

Once these tyres wear below 5mm of thread depth, the characteristics change profoundly. Dry grip remains reasonable, but does deteriorate noticeably, although almost in a fun way.
Wet grip becomes non-existent. I had often wondered was there an oil spill at a certain roundabout with a sharp apex, that I rarely drive by. While gently exiting the apex, I'd find myself sailing toward the kerb in a straight line due to aquaplaning at a mere 20km/hr, bracing myself against the steering wheel and stopping only inches from mounting the kerb, while other vehicles drivers looked on bewildered at why I appeared to have missed the single roundabout exit.
"What happened you yesterday?" was once such comment on a different corner from a work colleague driving behind me as he watched my car "exit" a damp corner in a perfectly straight line toward the ditch.

Wet grip on these tyres approaching 4.5mm of thread is lethal, it doesn't matter even if it's 20°C, or well below 8°C. Given that these budget tyres weren't the best in the wet to start with (expected from a budget tyre), the drop off in water evacuation properties and grip is horrific. There is no warning that the grip is about to give in the wet, while in the dry they at least give a gentle rumble and are quite progressive.

Value for money; the wear from the tyres was very good, but given that the tyres are only usable for about 50% of their life span, it's a false economy. I've worn many other tyres down to 1.9mm of thread depth before changing tyre without issue (1.6mm being the legal limit). I wouldn't dare drive with these tyres in the wet past 4mm unless you drive as fast as you walk.

I replaced the front tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric II's (no other parts were replaced at the same time) and the handling of the car changed dramatically; from emphatic wet understeer to wet oversteer. The rear Federal 595 SS tyres were since replaced also, despite also having over 4mm of thread depth remaining. I never needed to consider replacing these tyres until the Asymmetric II's were mounted.

I do drive quickly every so often, but usually I'm driving gently in order to conserve fuel.
I didn't and I wouldn't buy these tyres again, despite my previous recommendations, due to false economy.
tyre reviewed on September 14, 2014
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (205-55-16-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
First off and to be fair to these tyres - they are grippy enough in average driving in both dry and wet conditions despite what some other reviewers say about them. I have had Michelin and Continental on the car beforehand and there is no major difference in grip between these and the tyres I have had before and used on several cars over the years. However the major disappointment with these is the appalling wear rate of these tyres and also they effected my fuel consumption by around 10%. Granted these are a budget tyre but you will end up with around half the wear rate of a midrange to premium tyre. Add to this the pathetic fuel consumption due to poor rolling resistance and these tyres end up costing you more money than if you went up to midrange or even premium. I definitely will never go near these again and cannot recommend them to anyone for this very reason!
tyre reviewed on August 26, 2014
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota (235-40-17-W)
I wouldn't describe these tyres as killers as many do they seem quite competent and I have them on a fast car.

However, they seem to make steering vague, as another reviewer noticed I have had to have them re-sealed on the rims for slow deflation and they wear down the center ( like 2mm left center and 5mm outer ) even though I have them correctly inflated.

So while they aren't horrendous take them off dangerous - I think they have reliability issues
tyre reviewed on August 3, 2014
Given 13% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 200 average miles
Bought my new car with these tyres on the front wheels, they are very loud and it's like driving on ice in the wet or if the road is damp/greasy. I decided to swap them to the back wheels as wanted better grip on the front from the used bridgestones (Wanli's look new), BIG MISTAKE, going straight on at a roundabout in the wet doing 20mph, the back end stepped out suddenly & without warning! I found myself at a 90 degree angle to where I should have been facing, luckily there were no other cars behind or around me and I didn't crash the car or cause any damage. Have now swapped them to the front wheels again so at least I can feel them loosing grip and back off the power! These tyres were made in China and not designed for the European market, the tread is all wrong for wet conditions. Be warned, you may end up in a crash if you drive on them in the wet unless you drive VERY slowly. OK in the dry I guess but very noisey and lacking in feel. These tyres are too hard, I will be getting rid of them VERY soon! AVOID!
tyre reviewed on July 17, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: