Wanli S1063

Wanli S1063

The Wanli S1063 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 70 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 5,587,081 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2010 European Summer Tyre Test - 16th of 16 tyres

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 26th of 50 tyres

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 28th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Wanli S1063
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Wanli S1063. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Wanli S1063 Review

Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Unable to balance properly, so suffered constant vibration. All 4 leaked from rims (previous Michellins had not lost pressure at all). Grip in dry was ok, but in the wet horrendous. Car would lose traction without warning at low speed in damp conditions due to change in camber. Attricious, dangerous and not worth endangering your life for the savings.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2013

Latest Wanli S1063 Reviews

Have you driven on the Wanli S1063 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the S1063.

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 T6 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
I was so impressed with my first set of Wanli S1063 XL tyres that I bought a second set after nearly 4 years and nearly 30,000 miles.

Despite being used on the same car, on the same journeys and in the same manner, the second set has had to be replaced after less than two years after faster wear and noticeable cracking along the sidewalls - on all four tyres. The second set was ordered in pairs two weeks apart.

The tyres are very quiet and provide a firm and comfortable ride and good steering feedback. It was actually quite fun cornering on them as they gripped really well. They were also pretty good on light snow and icy roads. However, either the formulation has changed with Wanli's increasing popularity or I've been very unlucky to receive two batches of tyres which are prone to rapid cracking. Either way, it does not inspire the previous confidence re value for money and longevity. Shan't buy another.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2016
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 200 average miles
Bought my car from a dealer with Avon tyres on the front and Wanli (that I'd never heard of) on the rear.
On my first outing I felt a twitch on the bend of a road in the wet. It felt like the start of a skid that never fully developed and I put it down to, maybe, some oil on the road.
The following day, in town at approx 15 mph, I was going round a roundabout in traffic. Out of the blue, the car slid sideways half way round, and how I avoided a collision was only thanks to the drivers around me. I had to do a virtual 3 point turn to gat back in the right direction. I was subsequently very nervous about going out in the car again.
Having looked at the tyres on the car, I saw that the rear ones were Wanli's and I looked at reviews of them. They appear to get a bad press every where for grip in the wet.
These tyres will be getting changed at the first opportunity, certainly within the next week. I have absolutely no confidence in them and what they're doing on a sports car I have no idea.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2016
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (215/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Below average in the dry and dangerous in the wet. I had these on my first proper car, a 2.0 ford focus, for about 30k miles on the rear as i didnt really know about tires but now im older and a qualified driving intructor id be vary wary of fitting budget tires on vehicles in the uk unless you are a carful and competent driver. If ur young and drive a bit hard somtimes its recomend to buy part worn premium tires from an independent tire fitter, its cheaper and safer than new budget tires even with the more frequent tire changes when using part worns :) Greener too as its recycling servicable tires that would just go to waste
1 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2016
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 900 easy going miles
I recently bought a Fiesta with these tyres on the front wheels... They are truly awful tyres! The road noise is unbearable. I have only covered 900/1000 miles and the car is booked in for some Dunlop Sport Bluresponse.

I once had a set of Toyo t1r and I thought they were truly terrible until I drove on these. If you value you life, the way your car drives and your safety DO NOT buy these tyres. Uniroyal Rainsport 3 could be had for a similar price!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2016
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Ok grip in the dry but in wet or damp avoid at all costs as they are simply frightening, rear wheel drive merc doing 20 mph on exiting rounderbout in heavy traffic, car breaks sideways just like on black ice, car not on throttle it happened to my wife same scenario . Tyres were on car when bought now on good years, can now drive with confidence, and for all the people who are thinking should not have had tyres on a car like that, yes you are right! But I am staggered how bad they are in the damp. Don,t buy them!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2015