Wanli S1063

Show all: Wanli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Wanli S1063 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 55 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 5,417,081 miles driven.

Wanli S1063

69%

68%

Tyre Test Results:

Wanli S1063 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZS (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 600 spirited miles
Replace my toyo t1rs with these as the toyo tyres only lasted 6k miles. Got to say I'm stunned at how good they are. Would recommend you to anyone. For a budget tyre they surpass all expectations.
tyre reviewed on April 16, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I am very impressed with these Wanlis. We were needing to replace two front tyres but with being close to Christmas and also having been surprised by how good the Wanlii on rear of car were we decide to fit these to front of car.

As with my other review, I just don't get where the negative comments come from. I've run with Hankook, Continental, Toyo, BFGoodrich and Avon over the years. These are better than the Avons and Hankooks in my view and at a current price of 50% less than some of major brands they are very impressive.

These have been on a 2l Mazda 3 and even a few days in icy conditions have performed well
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2013
Looking to buy the Wanli S1063? Click here to search for the best price for the Wanli S1063 or any other tyre.

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (215-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
I seriously don't understand where these poor reviews are coming from. Ive just had 2 of these fitted to the front and done 400 miles down to the Lake District and back, and can say I'm very impressed! I had Michelin Primacy's on before and haven't noticed a single bit of difference in performance, except (maybe) slightly less feedback but I can't be 100%. I've pulled a few cheeky manouvres in very wet and greasy conditions on roundabouts and flew down a waterlogged motorway without a single twich from the tyres. Road noise is barely any different (if at all) and fuel economy seems the same. My car is a 2.2L Turbo Diesel, so it has bucket loads of torque and not once have I spun the wheels (even when taking the mick from a standing start in the wet). I have no doubt that in an extreme braking test in the wet, the Michelins may well stop the vehicle a few metres earlier, but for £72.50 a corner at National, based on performance up to now, I'll be coming back for more!
tyre reviewed on November 8, 2013
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Unable to balance properly, so suffered constant vibration. All 4 leaked from rims (previous Michellins had not lost pressure at all). Grip in dry was ok, but in the wet horrendous. Car would lose traction without warning at low speed in damp conditions due to change in camber. Attricious, dangerous and not worth endangering your life for the savings.
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat CC (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
Have now done almost 6000 miles on these tyres at the front of my Passat CC.
They replaced Continental Sport Contact 3 tyres that had done about 19k miles - the Wanlis don't grip as well in the wet but I don't drive aggressively and do mostly motorway miles.

I would say there's been hardly any wear and they will easily outlast the previous Contis.......hope I'm right !!

Very happy with them so far and would definately buy again - can't understand the bad reviews - as several people have stated you want top performance tyres then spend the money and don't expect miracles from budget tyres.

tyre reviewed on August 2, 2013
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-45-17-)
All these people given these tyres a bad review need to remember that they are budget tyres, you wouldn't compare a Reliant Robin to a Ferrari so don't buy budget tyres expecting them to perform like Michelins. I've had a pair of these on the front of my BMW 330d and they've been perfect considering what I paid for them, far better then I was expecting. They've currently done 12k miles and they're just over 60% worn so I'm well happy with that. Would definately buy again, just avoid the cheap Wanli's with the V type (S1088) pattern as they are crap, the tread was lumpy and distorted causing the wheel to be out of balace and excessive noise within 5k miles.
tyre reviewed on June 20, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 easy going miles
Watch out for Wan Li, mine was a distress purchase as a new tyre replacement was holed in the sidewall 1 day after fitting. I hadn't noticed how noisy it was getting but recently I got a bad noise between 52 and 56mph. Swapped tyres around before getting new wheel bearing. Change the Wan Li for the space saver spare and the car was transformed at ALL speeds, quiet like a car should be rather than the noise assault of before - this after about 5K miles
tyre reviewed on June 14, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215-50-17-)
Great value Tyre. Drive 100 miles per day and very impressed. Wearing very well. Fitted to my vectra sri and stick to the road like glue. Will definately buy again.
tyre reviewed on June 7, 2013
Given 24% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper (205-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000,000 average miles
Progression is non existent, grip is poor, they are not comfortable but if you can bear top keep them they will last!
tyre reviewed on May 25, 2013
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna sport tourer (225-45-17-W)
After losing several premimium branded tyres to pot holes I decided to go for a budget brand and the deal offered by tyreshopper on the Wanli S1063 was unbeatable. So I had a pair fitted to the front of my 2.2Ltr Renault Laguna estate that I use for work and is always fully laden.
They took a good few hundred miles to bed in and lose their initial slippyness. After that I was impressed. A couple of months later I replaced the rear tyres with the same tyre.
I have noticed no significant increase of noise and I think the car actually steers better with the Wanli than it did with the previous tyres that cost more than twice as much.

I also own a Mercedes Benz E class. I would not fit Wanli to that car, purely because I am a brand snob with it and want to keep the tyres to the originals, but I would happiy fit them to my Renault again and think that they are excellent value for money.
tyre reviewed on May 3, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!