Wanli S1063

Show all: Wanli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Wanli S1063 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 57 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 5,423,281 miles driven.

Wanli S1063

67%

66%

Tyre Test Results:

Wanli S1063 Reviews

Given 13% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 200 average miles
Bought my new car with these tyres on the front wheels, they are very loud and it's like driving on ice in the wet or if the road is damp/greasy. I decided to swap them to the back wheels as wanted better grip on the front from the used bridgestones (Wanli's look new), BIG MISTAKE, going straight on at a roundabout in the wet doing 20mph, the back end stepped out suddenly & without warning! I found myself at a 90 degree angle to where I should have been facing, luckily there were no other cars behind or around me and I didn't crash the car or cause any damage. Have now swapped them to the front wheels again so at least I can feel them loosing grip and back off the power! These tyres were made in China and not designed for the European market, the tread is all wrong for wet conditions. Be warned, you may end up in a crash if you drive on them in the wet unless you drive VERY slowly. OK in the dry I guess but very noisey and lacking in feel. These tyres are too hard, I will be getting rid of them VERY soon! AVOID!
tyre reviewed on July 17, 2014
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407 sw (215-55-17-R)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
There are those reviews in which the writer says they are surprised that anyone should think that these tyres are at all dangerous in the wet. The writer then goes on to suggest that the driver must be a "boy-racer" type.

The reviewers who do this think that they will never need to brake hard or swerve: well, that's taking a chance - they should realise that they may have to even through no fault of their own.

I'm not a boy racer, I much, much older than that and always drive well within the limits of the car and conditions. Neither do I, or anyone I know, have any interest in any tyre manufacturer or seller.

I had the Wanlis on the Peugeot 407 which, despite other faults, has very good road-holding. The Wanlis replaced Michelins.

In the dry, they were not as noisy and were quite well behaved. Not quite as good as the Michelins, but not bad. I had them on the front for about 5 or 6000 miles and wear was not too bad. I kept mileage records and the Michelins. the Wanlis and the tyres that followed all gave me about 42mpg.

In the wet they were a nightmare: there's a lot of weight at the front on at 407 and it wants to go in a straight line. The tyres wanted to go in a straight line too and objected to being forced to turn me and the car. They did this at any bend in the wet and once they went, and they went at a relatively low speed, there was no stopping them. I was seriously nervous and decided that they had to go. It came to the crunch when I went round a roundabout at no great speed and started drifting to the inside lane.

We all feel aggrieved if we have to throw away tyres with a healthy tread on them but I was really pleased when one had an unrepairable puncture and the pair were replaced with a good brand. What a difference, at the same roundabout in the wet, the car sailed round without ruffling its feathers - I thought they'd re-surfaced the road! I noticed that my braking distance has shortened noticeably and "feel" had come back to the steering.

Those Wanlis were terrible and, in my experience, unsafe.

Do you remember how I said they were quiet and wore well? I suspect that was because they didn't grip the road.
tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Looking to buy the Wanli S1063? Click here to search for the best price for the Wanli S1063 or any other tyre.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZS (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 600 spirited miles
Replace my toyo t1rs with these as the toyo tyres only lasted 6k miles. Got to say I'm stunned at how good they are. Would recommend you to anyone. For a budget tyre they surpass all expectations.
tyre reviewed on April 16, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I am very impressed with these Wanlis. We were needing to replace two front tyres but with being close to Christmas and also having been surprised by how good the Wanlii on rear of car were we decide to fit these to front of car.

As with my other review, I just don't get where the negative comments come from. I've run with Hankook, Continental, Toyo, BFGoodrich and Avon over the years. These are better than the Avons and Hankooks in my view and at a current price of 50% less than some of major brands they are very impressive.

These have been on a 2l Mazda 3 and even a few days in icy conditions have performed well
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2013
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (215-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
I seriously don't understand where these poor reviews are coming from. Ive just had 2 of these fitted to the front and done 400 miles down to the Lake District and back, and can say I'm very impressed! I had Michelin Primacy's on before and haven't noticed a single bit of difference in performance, except (maybe) slightly less feedback but I can't be 100%. I've pulled a few cheeky manouvres in very wet and greasy conditions on roundabouts and flew down a waterlogged motorway without a single twich from the tyres. Road noise is barely any different (if at all) and fuel economy seems the same. My car is a 2.2L Turbo Diesel, so it has bucket loads of torque and not once have I spun the wheels (even when taking the mick from a standing start in the wet). I have no doubt that in an extreme braking test in the wet, the Michelins may well stop the vehicle a few metres earlier, but for £72.50 a corner at National, based on performance up to now, I'll be coming back for more!
tyre reviewed on November 8, 2013
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra SRi (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Unable to balance properly, so suffered constant vibration. All 4 leaked from rims (previous Michellins had not lost pressure at all). Grip in dry was ok, but in the wet horrendous. Car would lose traction without warning at low speed in damp conditions due to change in camber. Attricious, dangerous and not worth endangering your life for the savings.
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat CC (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
Have now done almost 6000 miles on these tyres at the front of my Passat CC.
They replaced Continental Sport Contact 3 tyres that had done about 19k miles - the Wanlis don't grip as well in the wet but I don't drive aggressively and do mostly motorway miles.

I would say there's been hardly any wear and they will easily outlast the previous Contis.......hope I'm right !!

Very happy with them so far and would definately buy again - can't understand the bad reviews - as several people have stated you want top performance tyres then spend the money and don't expect miracles from budget tyres.

tyre reviewed on August 2, 2013
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-45-17-)
All these people given these tyres a bad review need to remember that they are budget tyres, you wouldn't compare a Reliant Robin to a Ferrari so don't buy budget tyres expecting them to perform like Michelins. I've had a pair of these on the front of my BMW 330d and they've been perfect considering what I paid for them, far better then I was expecting. They've currently done 12k miles and they're just over 60% worn so I'm well happy with that. Would definately buy again, just avoid the cheap Wanli's with the V type (S1088) pattern as they are crap, the tread was lumpy and distorted causing the wheel to be out of balace and excessive noise within 5k miles.
tyre reviewed on June 20, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 easy going miles
Watch out for Wan Li, mine was a distress purchase as a new tyre replacement was holed in the sidewall 1 day after fitting. I hadn't noticed how noisy it was getting but recently I got a bad noise between 52 and 56mph. Swapped tyres around before getting new wheel bearing. Change the Wan Li for the space saver spare and the car was transformed at ALL speeds, quiet like a car should be rather than the noise assault of before - this after about 5K miles
tyre reviewed on June 14, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215-50-17-)
Great value Tyre. Drive 100 miles per day and very impressed. Wearing very well. Fitted to my vectra sri and stick to the road like glue. Will definately buy again.
tyre reviewed on June 7, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: