Toyo Proxes CF1

Show all: Toyo tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Toyo Proxes CF1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 43 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 554,600 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes CF2

67%

79%

76%

Toyo Proxes CF1 Reviews

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester 2.0 XT (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
I brought my 08 Diesel Forester used 2 years back partly because I'd heard they were good on fuel and could get anywhere. I've not been disappointed. A wonderful smooth ride on the TOYO 225/55/R17 101W at the front and Yokohama (same spec' apart from 97R) at the back. The tyres were used when I bought the vehicle with 45K on the clock andI suppose I've done 10,000 since then in just over two years. All I can say is I shall be looking up the same brand of tyre again as cornering feels like I'm on rails and never given me the slightest suggestion that the car will break out. 'Smooth Grandpa', as my Grandaughters says, and just to belay the myth these Scooby diesel's go like the clappers when you know how to handle them.
tyre reviewed on September 17, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (185-60-14-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I have these on my eunos roadster (mark I MX5) to be fair I never take it out in the rain, its a rolling project, so I have given it the average of other peoples for wet.... in the dry on a RWD car with NO electronics these are really good tyres, lots of grip, comfy, progressive on the limit (fun oversteer, no scary moments) and at £50 fitted a corner, a bargin I think! I will definatly buy these again if I'm skint.... if not some track day tyres may be in order , as I dont drive it in the rain ;) only thing scoring lower on these is wear, they seem to be quite soft, but then I suppose thats where the dry grip comes from! perfectly balanced though ideal for an MX5 :)
tyre reviewed on July 2, 2014
Looking to buy the Toyo Proxes CF1? Click here to search for the best price for the Toyo Proxes CF1 or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (185-60-14-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I drove these tyres for one and a half seasons (sold the car with them on).
Grippy as hell on the dry. Never had any like them. Both acceleration and braking are good, but side grip is amazing.
In the wet they have a limit, but they let you know well before anything bad happens.
The only downside is the way they wear... After just ~ 8.000km/5.000mls they have around 3mm depth of thread left. I guess you can't have them all.
Btw, for fun, you can mix them with a set of older, not so grippy tyres on the back and you're gonna get a very tail happy car, great to drive on bendy montain roads.
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat doblo (205-60-16-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
I bought the 'C' rated cargo version for my van. Most van tyres are noisy, but the modern 5 rib design of the CF1 and a slightly softer rubber compound means they are much quieter and makes the van corner better in the dry, more like a hatchback with much less understeer. They are not great on mud and snow though like most 5 rib designs.
tyre reviewed on May 25, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (215-55-16-)
Fantastic tyres..now on my third set of these as i do 2000 miles a month up and down the A1/A17 in fact they suit the vectra im driving that much that i have just bought another pair from germany. The grip more than compensates for the vectras bodyroll giving it almost rail like handling in the dry,they can be slightly tricky on greasy roads like just after a rainfall but on the whole a brilliant well wearing and very grippy tyre for a big 5 door car. I have been a toyo customer since 1998 and nothing to date comes close for me...keep making exellent tyres!!
tyre reviewed on September 12, 2013
Given 52% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (245-50-16-)
Very disappointed with these. Bought these in stages to replace the factory fit Yokohamas. Fine when the Toyo's were on the rear only but immediately i changed the fronts from the Yokohamas to these Toyos the car felt unbalanced and like the front was skittering across the road. Repeated checks on the tyres, suspension, steering geometry and tracking revealed no issues. Finally relieved to have worn them down enough to justify changing them I now have Goodyear Effective Performance on all 4 wheels and my car is finally balanced again. I won't buy Toyos again.
tyre reviewed on July 31, 2013
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR tdi (225-45-17-W)
Grip wise very good tire. As good as any premium sport tire in the wet or dry. Bags and bags of grip. But with grip comes the problem with these tires. These tires on my car have only lasted for 7k miles. Which is not good! Was hoping for at least 10k miles. Thats the only reason i wont be buying them again
tyre reviewed on February 17, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Yaris (175-65-14-)
Driving on mostly town for 500 average miles
Bought second hand, our Yaris was fitted with awful Bob Jane All Rounders on the front (leave the car at home if it's raining!!) and a Bridgestone and a Sonar on the rear. Strange combination with crap results.

Recently fitted to our Yaris, the Toyo CF1's have transformed the car. At once, the car became quiet, smooth, more comfortable, with lighter steering and a more confidant feel. We didn't know the Yaris could feel this good! Even the acceleration became easier and smoother!

Both my wife and I were pleasantly surprised how much better the car now feels and even the price was good. $109 each Australian (with $10 cash back). At this stage the only unknown is how well the tyres will wear.

P.S. This is one of the few tyres still Made in Japan. And it shows!! Bravo!
tyre reviewed on December 23, 2012
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna 2.0 (195-60-15-)
I first started using these on my Nissan Primera 1.6 Si about 6 years ago, then again on my 2.0 Laguna when it replaced the Primera. When driving about town I tend to take it quite easy, and while on the open road my right foot seems to gain weight..... I enjoy hard cornering, and don't hang back when the conditions are good.
In the dry these are fantastic tyres and will match or beat any equivalent priced tyre on the market for grip and performance, and also give several premium brands a run for their money - I can't fault them on that score.
In the wet they offer reasonably good grip and excellent feedback, plenty of warning before they let go - I've pushed it a bit just to see how they respond. My main complaint about wet driving is their tendency to spin when doing a hill start, or under hard-ish acceleration.
Their big downfall is the treadwear - it's crap! I cover about 8,000 to 10,000 miles per year and generally replace the fronts annually (9-12 months) and rears every 18-24 months. When I next replace them I'll probably pay a bit more for tyres that will last longer, and am actually sad to do so as I do like these tyres, but need something that needs replaced less often.
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2012
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord CTDi (225-45-17-)
Put simply, I've had tyres deliver equivalent grip and feel (I drive pretty hard) but last much longer. Everything else fine but disappointed with the wear.
tyre reviewed on November 17, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: