Toyo Proxes CF1

Progressiveness 76%
Toyo Proxes CF1

The Toyo Proxes CF1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes CF2

Tyre review data from 45 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 574,601 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo Proxes CF1
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Proxes CF1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo Proxes CF1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Toyo Proxes CF1 Reviews

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Corsa D 1.4 (185/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Overall these were very good tyres fitted on a Corsa D 1.4. Replaced the original Dunlop Sport 01 (185/65/15R 88T) which didn't feel like a good tyre for this car, at least for what I've expected. When fitted CF1, it was like driving a new upgraded car! Nice grip all-around, better cornering in any type of weather, including very heavy rain (couldn't see 2m beyond the hood!) and good wear ratio. My front CF1 wheels lasted for 3 full years when I first noticed a spin in easy road conditions (approx. 20k miles, 35000km) in which case I decided to get a new set for safety reasons although it looked like it still has enough depth and I may could stretch this for another year. I kept CF1 at back which lasted for about 69000 km (37k miles) with 4mm left but it started to slip thus I changed them too.
0 | - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche 911 SC Targa 1983 (225/60 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 1 spirited miles
I fitted Toyo CFs to my 1980s Porsche 911 SC Targa after a very unsatisfactory experience with Bridgestones which badly accentuated body roll. Much too hard. The Toyos on my 15" ATS cookie cutter wheels not only looked period correct but brought back feeling and feedback. After fitting the Toyos everyone in the trade that drove the car commented on how well it drove. Some improvement was due to going from 16s to 15s which increases the tyre wall height giving a much more period correct feel, but the Toyo tyres with their softer tyre wall added a lot to the enjoyment. With a Bilstein sports suspension set up and 6J & 7J 15" ATS or Fuchs shod with Toyos you are nearing motoring heaven. This gives a period correct set up which many early race 911s would have used. Speed and handling is not all about low profile tyres on bigger wheels - in fact the very opposite. I think Toyos are really excellent tyres for classic sports cars. They sponsor the BRSCC Porsche racing series today.
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2015
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester 2.0 XT (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
I brought my 08 Diesel Forester used 2 years back partly because I'd heard they were good on fuel and could get anywhere. I've not been disappointed. A wonderful smooth ride on the TOYO 225/55/R17 101W at the front and Yokohama (same spec' apart from 97R) at the back. The tyres were used when I bought the vehicle with 45K on the clock andI suppose I've done 10,000 since then in just over two years. All I can say is I shall be looking up the same brand of tyre again as cornering feels like I'm on rails and never given me the slightest suggestion that the car will break out. 'Smooth Grandpa', as my Grandaughters says, and just to belay the myth these Scooby diesel's go like the clappers when you know how to handle them.
0 | - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (185/60 R14 H) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I have these on my eunos roadster (mark I MX5) to be fair I never take it out in the rain, its a rolling project, so I have given it the average of other peoples for wet.... in the dry on a RWD car with NO electronics these are really good tyres, lots of grip, comfy, progressive on the limit (fun oversteer, no scary moments) and at £50 fitted a corner, a bargin I think! I will definatly buy these again if I'm skint.... if not some track day tyres may be in order , as I dont drive it in the rain ;) only thing scoring lower on these is wear, they seem to be quite soft, but then I suppose thats where the dry grip comes from! perfectly balanced though ideal for an MX5 :)
0 | - tyre reviewed on July 2, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf (185/60 R14) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I drove these tyres for one and a half seasons (sold the car with them on).
Grippy as hell on the dry. Never had any like them. Both acceleration and braking are good, but side grip is amazing.
In the wet they have a limit, but they let you know well before anything bad happens.
The only downside is the way they wear... After just ~ 8.000km/5.000mls they have around 3mm depth of thread left. I guess you can't have them all.
Btw, for fun, you can mix them with a set of older, not so grippy tyres on the back and you're gonna get a very tail happy car, great to drive on bendy montain roads.
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 16, 2014